3DXChat Community

⚒⚒⚒ Tattoo layer suggestion ♥​✊​​✌️

☙𝔼𝕩❧

The idea is simple. We have a tattoo layer which parts we can hide/unhide by sliders.

I suggest to separate the whole tattoo layer by parts as on the picture for using them as wearable parts with intensity function.

*Make it possible to use larger layers for larger tattoos (whole back, arm, leg, belly chest) if it`s needed and to add re-sizer if it`s possible.

21SR4Kf.png

+ It can optimize 3dx a little, because people will be able to wear small parts (small amount of polys). 

+ Less space in the menu, less scrolling.

+ It will give us more choices to get a more different look.

Edited by ☙𝔼𝕩❧
add

Just to check my understanding, do you mean that for each selection of the body area in the tattoo section, there can be individual selections for the tattoo style and the intensity of the tattoo?

If so, I think this idea would work well and allow different tattoo style to be selected for different parts of the body.

4 hours ago, Leopardus said:

Just to check my understanding, do you mean that for each selection of the body area in the tattoo section, there can be individual selections for the tattoo style and the intensity of the tattoo?

If so, I think this idea would work well and allow different tattoo style to be selected for different parts of the body.

Yes. And thank you. Next time I will try to present my ideas better. ^^

Two things:

1. Perhaps there should be a size slider too, as people have mentioned a desire for this in another thread.

2. The system would need to cater for full area tattoos like a whole back, a whole sleeve, a whole leg, etc too.  Would you propose that whole area tattoos are broken down into 4 sections (e.g. into B1, B2, B3, B4) so that at maximum size they fit together as one overall tattoo?  Or have a whole area selection in the first tattoo slider as well as the sub area selection, e.g (Whole Back, Left Upper Back, Right Upper Back, Left Lower Back, Right Lower Back).  The problem with the second approach would be that both Whole Back and a subsection of the back could be selected and overlapping tattoos would result (a horrible mess!) unless the implementation was made to prevent that, i.e. if the whole area is chosen (such as Whole Back) then you cannot also make selections for the sub-areas of that area (such as Left Upper Back).

8 hours ago, Leopardus said:

Two things:

1. Perhaps there should be a size slider too, as people have mentioned a desire for this in another thread.

2. The system would need to cater for full area tattoos like a whole back, a whole sleeve, a whole leg, etc too.  Would you propose that whole area tattoos are broken down into 4 sections (e.g. into B1, B2, B3, B4) so that at maximum size they fit together as one overall tattoo?  Or have a whole area selection in the first tattoo slider as well as the sub area selection, e.g (Whole Back, Left Upper Back, Right Upper Back, Left Lower Back, Right Lower Back).  The problem with the second approach would be that both Whole Back and a subsection of the back could be selected and overlapping tattoos would result (a horrible mess!) unless the implementation was made to prevent that, i.e. if the whole area is chosen (such as Whole Back) then you cannot also make selections for the sub-areas of that area (such as Left Upper Back).

Done. I am not sure about re-sizer. Tattoos are made for the body relief. Re-sizing can be impossible in current system and can be a mess.

1 hour ago, ☙𝔼𝕩❧ said:

Done. I am not sure about re-sizer. Tattoos are made for the body relief. Re-sizing can be impossible in current system and can be a mess.

Yes, that makes sense.  Besides...who goes to a tattoo parlour and asks for a variable size tattoo 😆

23 hours ago, Leopardus said:

I think this idea would work well and allow different tattoo style to be selected for different parts of the body.

^^ This!!! This would allow mix and match tattoos. Then individual tattoos can be created for each zone and enable us apply the ones we like.

They are now experimenting with the resizing of Nipples for the girls. 

From a technical standpoint the ‘nipple’ is not really different from a tattoo in this game I believe. 
Both are texture layers. 
So it should theoretically be possible to use the same code they’re using to let us resize the nipples, for the resizing of certain Tattoos. 

Might need some fine tuning. Just a thought though. 

1 hour ago, Derai said:

They are now experimenting with the resizing of Nipples for the girls. 

From a technical standpoint the ‘nipple’ is not really different from a tattoo in this game I believe. 
Both are texture layers. 
So it should theoretically be possible to use the same code they’re using to let us resize the nipples, for the resizing of certain Tattoos. 

Might need some fine tuning. Just a thought though. 

I have noticed. While people blame them, they have a progress little by little 😏