3DXChat Community

Host Kickings, Reportings, Bans, and Trolls

Laina

Am all for a kick option, and been asking for it because it would be convenient, no question. But lets not exagerate either, and i think both sides in this debate tend to do so.

Just because someone pays monthly subscription, doesnt give him the right to go anywhere he likes and say/do whatever he wants. If someone decides to be a complete dick and ends up seeing 0 rooms in room list because he's banned from everywhere, i say its fine, and he should consider a better use for his money. And why would it be a bad or abusive reason to kick someone out because you simply "dont like him"? There's no abuse of power in this, let's not pretend it goes against the human rights, it is still -your- room.

On the other hand, i been opening my room almost every day for more than six years, sure i iggied a few peeps but it never went to the point i had to close my room to make sure someone is kicked. If the troll wants to stay in room and have everybody iggy him, again its perfectly fine by me. If you have many trolls focusing you maybe you been an ass yourself.

2 hours ago, Lorelia said:

If you have many trolls focusing you maybe you been an ass yourself.

Exactly, I never had any troll focusing on me that he had been making new accounts to troll me. If you are getting trolled maybe you are not so friendly with outsiders and start an friends only party. 

What will happen if there is a kick/ban option? Mostly you will kick trolls. The rest left will be your friends and some outsiders. It is a friends only party with outsiders. The current system already allows you to open a friends only rooms. I am guessing the outsiders are friends of your friends and you surely can find a way to add them and invite them. One way would be they leave a message in the global chat and you add them as a friend and they see your room then as a friend only room.

@York @Laina, hopefully this solution makes everyone happy.

Edit: A way to find users with their usernames and add them would be a plus.

Edited by LucyT

5 hours ago, Lorelia said:

Just because someone pays monthly subscription, doesnt give him the right to go anywhere he likes and say/do whatever he wants. If someone decides to be a complete dick and ends up seeing 0 rooms in room list because he's banned from everywhere, i say its fine, and he should consider a better use for his money. And why would it be a bad or abusive reason to kick someone out because you simply "dont like him"? There's no abuse of power in this, let's not pretend it goes against the human rights, it is still -your- room.

Great answer.

• 3 weeks later...

I can't believe some of the opinions people have on this. One being that a room owner should have no right to boot and ban people from their room because it doesn't belong to them but to SGD. What a load of crap, people spend months sometimes building their rooms, DJs spend months learning how to DJ and creating mixes. Each event involves hours of planning and hosting. All done to not only get enjoyment from the game for themselves but give enjoyment to others. Some may think, I think very few though, that it does not give them any right to be able to stop people from upsetting to often destroying what they have worked so hard for, but I and most do. Shop owners and bars in shopping complexes don't own the shop, but they do have the right and do remove anyone causing a disturbance, so where is it different in this game. People not only pay their subs they also invest often a huge amount of time and work into their games. The room is their room, they pay for it as part of what they pay for when they pay their subs, just like a shop owner pays rent. When a player opens a room, no matter if it is for friends only, group or public. If you go to that room you are the owners guest and if you do not like what the owner has to offer you have the right to leave. No guest in any room should have the right to dictate to the owner how they should handle things in their own room. 

Implying that people who get trolled likely deserve it because they aren't that friendly, because you have never been trolled so there must be something they are doing wrong is also absolutely ridiculous. There are dozens of different ways you can end up with people trolling you where you have done nothing wrong. It could be as simple as someone having a thing for you that another person likes and they then go after you. There is always people who get jealous of others just because they have become popular, I saw that happen so many times with DJs. Others go out to destroy a persons popularity just because they are not. Then there are cliques that go after each other. I have seen some give others hell just because one time they opened a venue at the same time as they did. Another one that happens a lot is when you decide you don't want to have sex with someone because you haven't really clicked and they take offence to it. Then there are those you have put on ignore because of them doing some really shitty things like using alts to try to manipulate you to do what they want, who then create other alts to just mess with your game and reputation. I could fill pages with shitty things I have seen people do to people that have done nothing to deserve it, and that is not an exaggeration. The game offers very little protection against it. Everyone knows they can hide behind anonymity and because of that the game can often create ass holes out of normal people. Far to often I heard the term "it's only a game" used to excuse some really shitty behaviour. I saw and knew so many people that had worked hard to create fun in the game for everyone, that had earned peoples respect and had gained a certain amount amount of popularity for their efforts, saw them end up playing the game keeping a very low profile because of the crap they had copped.

The way the game is set up at the moment and has been for a long time, it is far to easy for people to be ass holes and made hard for people who generate the fun.

The report system is far to slow and can even be gotten around by simply creating an alt, creating problems with it and deleting it before the report is picked up. The ignore system is almost useless against people who set out to upset your game. It is far to easy to just keep creating alt after alt. It needs to be account wide.

At the moment the game is a haven for ass holes and because of that is attracting more and more of them to the game.

I agree totally with twiggy on this as i'm actually myself victim of an asshole using a copy of my avatar just to destroy my reputation.

And before having the possibility to hack my avatar, he was harrassing my wife with fake screens of "me" having sex with a lot of men in the very same purpose. This is the kind of person i don't want in my room.

I was too gentle with him, forgiving him once for trying to destroy my wedding, the forgiving him a second time because he appologyzed for the fake screens (or at least it seemed that he appologyzed). But what he do with my avatar actually is unforgivable, using it as a prostitute in the exact same purpose, meant destroy my reputation.

1 hour ago, Leeloo said:

I agree totally with twiggy on this as i'm actually myself victim of an asshole using a copy of my avatar just to destroy my reputation.

And before having the possibility to hack my avatar, he was harrassing my wife with fake screens of "me" having sex with a lot of men in the very same purpose. This is the kind of person i don't want in my room.

I was too gentle with him, forgiving him once for trying to destroy my wedding, the forgiving him a second time because he appologyzed for the fake screens (or at least it seemed that he appologyzed). But what he do with my avatar actually is unforgivable, using it as a prostitute in the exact same purpose, meant destroy my reputation.

Sorry that you (and others) have to deal with this type of behavior, Leeloo.  I don't want them in your room.  I don't want them in our game.  Since there will always be low life's among us, the least the game should do is to allow you to control your room.