3DXChat Community

Host Kickings, Reportings, Bans, and Trolls

Laina

This is how a "fair" "kick in the butt" button could work:

1- someone violate the rules of the owner of the room

2- The owner should warn them once in local/pm

3- If the person stops, end of the story. If the person continue then the owner hit the kick button and expell the disturber from his/her room for lets say 15 to 30 minutes (not ignore, just expel)

4- if the person come back and continue to violate rules then the owner expel it again and the disturber gets permanently ban from the room. (Or the owner can also ignore the person then ban him/her from the room)

Wedding last night got troll-bombed by some guy spewing toxic shit in Local and running around naked and hugging guests. Would not leave, of course. Finally fell for the old trick when one of the female guests invited him home then returned, after the room owner had iggied the guy. But asking 50+ guests to have to iggy the guy is just putting the burden on all those users who are also paying to have fun. Simple room owner boot system is much more efficient. And it's always the weddings trollish dicks fuck around in. Your right to be an ass ends at my door, the same way the right to swing your fist ends at my nose.

4 hours ago, MissAshleyTG said:

Wedding last night got troll-bombed by some guy spewing toxic shit in Local and running around naked and hugging guests. Would not leave, of course. Finally fell for the old trick when one of the female guests invited him home then returned, after the room owner had iggied the guy. But asking 50+ guests to have to iggy the guy is just putting the burden on all those users who are also paying to have fun. Simple room owner boot system is much more efficient. And it's always the weddings trollish dicks fuck around in. Your right to be an ass ends at my door, the same way the right to swing your fist ends at my nose.

Getting Ignored by ONE room owner as opposed to 50 potential room owners.  And @York is concerned with a single person ignoring them as it's limiting player experience.  The person misbehaving is the one causing the reaction, thus earning their place on ignore lists.  I'm all for just putting a mental block and paying them no heed, I literally have had ZERO people on my ignore list in my seven years here.  That doesn't mean you shouldn't be able to remove unruly guests from your room.

On 8/12/2020 at 5:12 AM, York said:

It is SexGameDevil's game, SexGameDevil's rules.

Excuse me, it is our money wich we invest in SGD by subscribing. So if 51% of people will want such rule, they will got it. Or other side will see an active sunset. 

5 minutes ago, ☙𝔼𝕩❧ said:

Excuse me, it is our money wich we invest in SGD by subscribing. So if 51% of people will want such rule, they will got it. Or other side will see an active sunset. 

then if you are not happy... go away. it is as simple as this. It is their project, their business plan

11 minutes ago, MeiLing said:

then if you are not happy... go away. it is as simple as this. It is their project, their business plan

Do you know their plan? No, you don`t. What if their plan is to satisfy their customer as every company does? Didn`t you think about that? Don`t like? Go away yourself. Too aggressive by your side, but I am okay. Get more experience and everything will be okay.

On 8/14/2020 at 1:25 AM, KimmyFox said:

Future releases:
- Moderation of User Worlds.

Assuming the room tools are in the horizont.

Thanks, I had forgot about that post.

Let's hope they are like the tried and true tools of older worlds and MIRC that invented most of them 30 years ago.

Edited by THX

On 8/16/2020 at 6:54 PM, ☙𝔼𝕩❧ said:

No, it doesn't work like this. Buying a product is not the same thing as securities purchase. And you here long enough to know that "if 51% of people will want such rule, they will got it." Is not true.

3 hours ago, Xizl said:

No, it doesn't work like this. Buying a product is not the same thing as securities purchase. And you here long enough to know that "if 51% of people will want such rule, they will got it." Is not true.

It works really. Worked fine and works just fine. 51% is a theory. 20-30% is enough, because there are less active people x)

Edited by ☙𝔼𝕩❧

10 minutes ago, ☙𝔼𝕩❧ said:

It works really. Worked fine and works just fine. 51% is a theory. 20-30% is enough, because there are less active people x)

If devs agree from time to time on player's suggestions it does not mean that if majority decided something – it will be in the game. Do you see a pose editor? I don't. What about xgold exchange? A space sky? How about flaccid cocks, I see people including me asking for it for months and I did not see a single objection against it. 

Edited by Xizl

2 minutes ago, Xizl said:

If devs agree from time to time on player's suggestions it does not mean that if majority decided something – it will be in the game. Do you see a pose editor? I don't. What about xgold? exchange? A space sky? How about flaccid cocks, I see people including me asking for it for months and I did not see a single objection against it. 

This is a very controversial subject. 1. Without customer support(includes payment) they can`t work. There was a poll long time ago with around 150 votes while server had a way less than 1000 people at once. They did what people asked for. It was most massive act i`ve seen here. 2. Mentioning such updates like pose editor is a mistake, because it could get long and this get long as everything here because of amount of developers and Lisa said that they stopped many big updates accordingly with outside attacks. If they didn`t do something, it doesn`t mean they will not do something. You say about space sky, flaccid cock and stuff. Where can I see that mass of people who asked for this?

5 minutes ago, ☙𝔼𝕩❧ said:

This is a very controversial subject. 1. Without customer support(includes payment) they can`t work. There was a poll long time ago with around 150 votes while server had a way less than 1000 people at once. They did what people asked for. It was most massive act i`ve seen here. 2. Mentioning such updates like pose editor is a mistake, because it could get long and this get long as everything here because of amount of developers and Lisa said that they stopped many big updates accordingly with outside attacks. If they didn`t do something, it doesn`t mean they will not do something. You say about space sky, flaccid cock and stuff. Where can I see that mass of people who asked for this?

The easiest way to proof that they do what they want and not what 51+% of players want is a fact that we have such a slow updates again. Because I am pretty sure that 95+% of players want regular updates.

Same goes about lack of communication.

And no "they have no resources" is not an answer. Even one professional artist could do several animations and few clothes/haircuts every month. 

You can believe in whatever you wish. If you feel comfortable in your warm imaginary space where you and me and other people here really decide how this game will develop - well, believe in it, why not. 

1 minute ago, Xizl said:

The easiest way to proof that they do what they want and not what 51+% of players want is a fact that we have such a slow updates again. Because I am pretty sure that 95+% of players want regular updates.

You pretty sure this. I am pretty sure about that.

3 minutes ago, Xizl said:

And no "they have no resources" is not an answer.

I have no idea what it is about. 

5 minutes ago, Xizl said:

Even one professional artist could do several animations and few clothes/haircuts every month.

They do updates every month.

2 minutes ago, Xizl said:

You can believe in whatever you wish. If you feel comfortable in your warm imaginary space where you and me and other people here really decide how this game will develop - well, believe in it, why not. 

I believe in facts and still living in reality.

Just two years ago, there was a big protest by artists against the stealing/using of their rooms/works. There were very few people who didn't mind, and a lot of creators who were against stealing rooms. What do we see today. After two years, devs announce the defending the rooms. Instead of any words. Just facts.

On 8/11/2020 at 10:12 PM, York said:

This is not a minor concern. People tend to suck with online "powers." I believe the ignore function is sufficient. Anyone in your room who is being bothered by a troublemaker can use the existing function to resolve the issue. 

"Their room, their rules" doesn't fly with me. It is SexGameDevil's game, SexGameDevil's rules. One customer should not be able to take enforcement action against another customer in the game experience. 

This is a very weak argument. I know if I am in a room and see someone start kicking people for no reason, I'd leave and never go to another of their rooms. I am a firm believer that someone who has created the room and made it public should be able to set whatever rules they desire and should be able to block or ban whomever they want. If they get carried away that's on them... when they have empty rooms they will figure it out.

As far as "SexGameDevil's game, SexGameDevil's rules", I have always looked at it like they are the landlord, I am the lessee, my payment is there to not just "rent" my game time but to also rent the tools to build a room. Now, just like a landlord, they can boot me if they feel I am a danger or harassing in any way other tenants. 

On 8/11/2020 at 11:11 PM, York said:

Except it's not that simple. Consider that at any given time in 3DX, there are maybe 3 rooms that are really hot spots with a lot of people. Now consider a room mod/owner kicking people out of popular rooms, not because they're actually being a troublemaker, but because "well, I just don't like this person, so f*ck him." This subscriber has now unilaterally taken a significant chunk of game experience away from another subscriber. No actual game staff involved. No reasonable set of rules involved. No formal inquiry process. 

Why is there such an obsession with controlling people in online fantasy worlds? That's a good question to ask. If you don't like someone, ignore them. Allow other people to come to their own determinations with said ignore function. Pretty simple. 

Again, someone just kicking people out for no reason, is not hurting anyone but their own reputation as a room host. If I open a room and someone comes in and starts harassing me and I block them but they are still there harassing MY guests and people start leaving, that person is taking away the rights of others to enjoy the room, are they not? And if I can not kick that person out and they chase everyone away, did they not negatively affect MY experience?

So, I don't see how your argument holds water all your argument allows is for someone to go in and disrupt a room and create drama KNOWING nothing can happen to them and that is wrong. Whether in game or real life, we need to have consequences for our negative actions. 

On 8/15/2020 at 4:30 PM, MissAshleyTG said:

DING DING DING DING........ EXACTLY....... SIMPLE SOLUTION TO UNWANTED TROLLS, ALLOW THE HOST TO BLOCK AND BAN.

@York the argument we all pay to be here and thus we all have the same rights to go to any room, is in itself a fallacy given that SGD already allows room owners SOME leverage as to who enters (friends only) or by the owner having previously blocked someone. In that aspect everyone is equal because everyone has the same option.

So, again, no we do NOT have the "right" to go to any room and create drama and be an ass, and if you need someone to define what an ass/drama queen/troll is then either you are naive or have not been in rooms where one exists. and sadly, because some people thrive on drama they will not block the ass/drama queen/troll because they want to see what they will say next, and some of these guests will in fact feed the trolls by carrying on a conversation which looks to be one way, thus by human nature people will start unblocking the troll and the room goes downhill, people leave and the owner is there feeling exactly how that troll wanted the owner to feel. Seen it happen. How is that "fair" to anyone?

• 1 month later...

I know people that already have multiple accounts.  I met one with 6.  They wouldn't even need to buy more accounts to cause a room to die.  How many people are going to keep going back to a room that had to close 6 times because one person with too much money wants to be a butthead?

On 8/12/2020 at 8:41 AM, York said:

Except it's not that simple. Consider that at any given time in 3DX, there are maybe 3 rooms that are really hot spots with a lot of people. Now consider a room mod/owner kicking people out of popular rooms, not because they're actually being a troublemaker, but because "well, I just don't like this person, so f*ck him." This subscriber has now unilaterally taken a significant chunk of game experience away from another subscriber. No actual game staff involved. No reasonable set of rules involved. No formal inquiry process. 

Why is there such an obsession with controlling people in online fantasy worlds? That's a good question to ask. If you don't like someone, ignore them. Allow other people to come to their own determinations with said ignore function. Pretty simple. 

I am with York on this argument. People tend to misuse their powers and starts kicking people just because they don't like that person. Parties tend to start being a clique rather than a public party. It will take the experience out the other subscribers. Everyone already has enough powers to ignore any person. If you don't like him you can ignore him, it is simple. The same goes for the guests.

Edited by LucyT

I tend to differ. The rooms belong to the hosts and they can decide who they want in their room. Thats the difference to the official rooms.
People don't get the right to enter every public room with their subscription from my point of view.
An example would be women / men only rooms. Does a host take away a significant chunk of my game experience because he opened a male gay room?

With your subscription you earn the right to enter the official rooms. Anything else is a bonus and depends on the goodwill of the rooms host.

One argument is still missing.

Trolls are trolling now 'cos they don't need to fear anything. Room owners are defenseless. If they get the tool of kick/ban I am certain, the attempts of trolling will lower significantly, because it would leave the trolls defenseless.

And I strongly agree to the following. If you own a pub and open it for public, it does not mean it is public space. You're still the owner with all the rights. If you go to a pub and misbehave the owner will wipe the bar with your ass in no time. Easy as that.

Same, if you open up your own build place for public. It is still no public place. And you should be ofc able to wipe your bar with trolling asses in no time.

However, I have never really felt the lack of this tool by now fortunately. So far I could settle everything with a friendly approach. But I vote a strong YES for this tool and I really hope it will be with one of the next updates.

My 2 cents.

Regards and have a fab weekend everyone

Exactly, Pandorra.

If I'm the host and have only the ignore tool, then yes, I could put the person on ignore. But that doesn't mean he / she can't still bother all my maybe 100 guests as long as the room is open.
I can't even see what the person is doing anymore or talk to him / her. 

So what is more convenient?
- The room host can kick a person
- The room host and everybody else has to put the player on ignore

12 hours ago, LucyT said:

I am with York on this argument. People tend to misuse their powers and starts kicking people just because they don't like that person. Parties tend to start being a clique rather than a public party. It will take the experience out the other subscribers. Everyone already has enough powers to ignore any person. If you don't like him you can ignore him, it is simple. The same goes for the guests.

Kick from room option changes nothing for a normal player.

Let's imagine you really love some room but you are not on a good terms with its host. Or it's some thematic room that interests you (for example) – gay / lesbian room, popular futa room, BDSM room. Some niche room that is very important for you and your gameplay would be affected badly by losing an access to this room. Yes, if you get banned from the room – it would be pretty unpleasant for you in this case. Yes, host of such kind of room indeed has some power that they can use. But there is one thing... They are ALREADY has this power. Host already can just put any player on ignore simply because they want so and that player will not able to be to hang out in this room after that last time. 

The other thing is if we speak about the troll. Troll often don't care about long-term consequences. Troll is not that much affected by the iggy. He still can ruin the atmosphere for guests and keep provoking people till the room is reloaded. He still can spoil and ruin the party. So yes, adding a kick in game will be a cock-block for trolls. And it's great.

Great for hosts, good for normal players (because kicking out trolls affects normal players' experience in a good way too!), very bad for trolls. Why not?