3DXChat Community

Random Room order

Rigz

when i open up rooms in location it no longer list rooms with the most users in them  to the least user. It used to list them in order of popularity .  How can i fix this ...tried uninstall reinstall  but  no luck. Please see below:

Thanks

0039d179c64e590edbc9a6897e075f1f.png

1 hour ago, Rigz said:

well that sucks .....thanks though :) 

well it doesnt sucks this system made to give everyone equal chance to be shown ^^ 

im sorry to say this but if ur lazy to do 2 scrolls with ur mouse wheel that takes like 0.5 second  to check the whole list ..i realy dont know what u will do in this game with stuff that take longer than 0.5 secs hahaha 

44 minutes ago, Aliviax said:

well it doesnt sucks this system made to give everyone equal chance to be shown ^^ 

im sorry to say this but if ur lazy to do 2 scrolls with ur mouse wheel that takes like 0.5 second  to check the whole list ..i realy dont know what u will do in this game with stuff that take longer than 0.5 secs hahaha 

its doubtful about 0.5 seconds really. I do several scrolls to look at lowest rooms.

When a user interface design appears to be a fault and fails to meet the needs of the user (which in my case is always going to be me)...it's poor user interface design.

It's not laziness that is the problem, it just the pure irritation of it all. It makes me feel like "Arrrgghh gggrrrrr!" every time I use the list.

Edited by Leopardus

39 minutes ago, Meica said:

The new sorting is shit, i dont want to scroll/search through a bunch of almost empty rooms all the time. They should give us the option to sort the list ourselves.

Agreed. Or at the very least auto close rooms that are empty. 
Sometimes there are dozens of 0 rooms still cluttering up the list. 

10 minutes ago, Derai said:

Agreed, but there is room for improvement.
The concept is good, but just might need some fine tuning.
They can't satisfy everyone though.

In another thread, i supported the idea someone got about an option to "favorize" one room, so this room will always be on top list, full or empty

4 minutes ago, Leeloo said:

In another thread, i supported the idea someone got about an option to "favorize" one room, so this room will always be on top list, full or empty

Well yeah, but that has some technical issues.
It would mean the server needs to -save- the room name or room itself somehow.
And some rooms, actually change their name each time. (Mentioning the DJ's for example)
And people might make Typos in the name.

All that would need to be looked at.
Not saying it can't be done.
I'm not so confident the Devs would want to go to that level of effort. Sadly.

in that case, to solve the "name changing issue" maybe peoples could favorize one friend so when this person open his/her room, the room is on top. Though it don't solve the others issues :D

Edited by Leeloo

• 1 month later...
On 8/10/2020 at 4:11 PM, Rigz said:

when i open up rooms in location it no longer list rooms with the most users in them  to the least user. It used to list them in order of popularity .  How can i fix this ...tried uninstall reinstall  but  no luck. Please see below:

Thanks

0039d179c64e590edbc9a6897e075f1f.png

3DXCHAT PLEASE CHANGE THE ROOM LISTINGS BACK SO ME AND MY FRIENDS CAN COME BACK TO YOUR GAME WE NO LONGER PLAY THE GAME BECAUSE OF THIS 

THE OLD LISTINGS WE COULD FIND THE ROOMS WE LIKED AND NOW THERE ALL GONE DUE TO YOUR STUPID CHANGE

52 minutes ago, tglisa said:

3DXCHAT PLEASE CHANGE THE ROOM LISTINGS BACK SO ME AND MY FRIENDS CAN COME BACK TO YOUR GAME WE NO LONGER PLAY THE GAME BECAUSE OF THIS 

THE OLD LISTINGS WE COULD FIND THE ROOMS WE LIKED AND NOW THERE ALL GONE DUE TO YOUR STUPID CHANGE

serious question: Did you always just looked for the most popular place? 

BTW others like the new ordering since it gives unknown rooms more visibility. Telling us your opinion is great - we all have different ones but why you need to write everything in upper case letters? And also call the new ordering stupid? This is not a very adult way to point out your opinion and to start a discussion.

yep i sure did look for the most popular because they were the best rooms and best host a group of us left the game because like i said the list is stupid and the rooms and owners are no longer opening there's because it cost a fortune in gold to keep there room busy. Who wants to buy gold to have a club that's just plain ridiculous. all the server issues and disconnects and then they want people to buy gold to haha yea right   

Edited by tglisa

I don't like it either.  I never went to rooms just because of the amount of people in it.  I am not a fan of BBC rooms or rooms that play mostly electronic noise they call music (not said to offend just personal preference) and those were normally at the top when listing in room occupancy order.  But it did help when a friend asked me to join them in a room they could also tell me how many were in the room making it much easier to find.  It would be great if a search option was included.

PS But it is a rather silly reason to leave the game.

Edited by SusanLouisa

1 hour ago, tglisa said:

yep i sure did look for the most popular because they were the best rooms and best host a group of us left the game because like i said the list is stupid and the rooms and owners are no longer opening there's because it cost a fortune in gold to keep there room busy. Who wants to buy gold to have a club that's just plain ridiculous. all the server issues and disconnects and then they want people to buy gold to haha yea right   

Everyone can open a room, this didnt change. The ones who decided to close their rooms did it cos they cant get the numbers they had before cos:

- they dont have the money

- they are not as good as they thought and opening 24/7 is not anymore the solution to be on top as it was.

A large majority of people in 3dx just go in rooms where people are already, not because of the host, not because of the room, not because of the music and this even more true for sex rooms.

For party rooms, if you dont have a large group to support you, you will struggle as well.

The new system is a real pain to find a specific toom if you are looking for it, but you still can find it. People looking for the most populated rooms not caring about what room it is can still find them easily.

Last but not least: "best room" , "best host" this is your truth not the truth. Some will like the host some will dislike it. But in 3dx, we are in word where it is not aloud anymore to think differently, where tolerance disappeared. Nowadays it is only black or white, with no more discussion possible and directly attacks and insults. Insults towards dev, insults between players.

I keep thinking that one solution would be to have rooms open public by friends to be put on top on the list (I dont speak about rooms open for groups or for for friends but room opened public by friends).

When you log in, if one of your friend is open public you can see it fast. So it is all about the host to build a friend list or a PR list like I call it.

6 hours ago, Torax said:

Everyone can open a room, this didnt change. The ones who decided to close their rooms did it cos they cant get the numbers they had before cos:

- they dont have the money

- they are not as good as they thought and opening 24/7 is not anymore the solution to be on top as it was.

A large majority of people in 3dx just go in rooms where people are already, not because of the host, not because of the room, not because of the music and this even more true for sex rooms.

For party rooms, if you dont have a large group to support you, you will struggle as well.

The new system is a real pain to find a specific toom if you are looking for it, but you still can find it. People looking for the most populated rooms not caring about what room it is can still find them easily.

Last but not least: "best room" , "best host" this is your truth not the truth. Some will like the host some will dislike it. But in 3dx, we are in word where it is not aloud anymore to think differently, where tolerance disappeared. Nowadays it is only black or white, with no more discussion possible and directly attacks and insults. Insults towards dev, insults between players.

I keep thinking that one solution would be to have rooms open public by friends to be put on top on the list (I dont speak about rooms open for groups or for for friends but room opened public by friends).

When you log in, if one of your friend is open public you can see it fast. So it is all about the host to build a friend list or a PR list like I call it.

like i said its all about the money people pay enough for a crappy server yet they want people to buy gold now to run good clubs thats a joke when you spend spend spend build a group of guest in your room and then server goes crash lol really fair do they get refunded the cash they just spent hell no. why dont the 50 plus rooms that always have 2 or 3 people just give it up and close really looks silly to see so many empty rooms when we had alot rooms with people in them 

Edited by tglisa

7 hours ago, SusanLouisa said:

I don't like it either.  I never went to rooms just because of the amount of people in it.  I am not a fan of BBC rooms or rooms that play mostly electronic noise they call music (not said to offend just personal preference) and those were normally at the top when listing in room occupancy order.  But it did help when a friend asked me to join them in a room they could also tell me how many were in the room making it much easier to find.  It would be great if a search option was included.

PS But it is a rather silly reason to leave the game.

its really not a silly reason to leave the game when the game is no longer fun and a room owner or there guest must spend gold sure im going in a room with 100 + people rather then all them rooms with 2 in it so why should i have to search through well over half the rooms to find one?

4 hours ago, tglisa said:

like i said its all about the money people pay enough for a crappy server yet they want people to buy gold now to run good clubs thats a joke when you spend spend spend build a group of guest in your room and then server goes crash lol really fair do they get refunded the cash they just spent hell no. why dont the 50 plus rooms that always have 2 or 3 people just give it up and close really looks silly to see so many empty rooms when we had alot rooms with people in them 

What is silly is to ask people to give up to open their rooms! Those people pay the same subscription than anyone else.

They have to follow the same rules than anyone else to open and push their rooms. If someone gives up opening, blame it on the system if you want but surely not on other players cos they didnt made the rules.