3DXChat Community

Lost connect, now says "Too many attempts"

DatBryGuy

Personally I like Gizmo´s choice of a time-frame, when the server is at its potentially most populated peaks, between 9am to central US, through 5 or 6pm Europe (when people are coming back from work,) 9pm Asia, and midnight in Australia. Ideal moment to ensure the people´s rage, 3DX has now decided to play the trolls in WoW!

Maybe with all the gold the room owner think they been robbed, they hire a project manager to learn Server maintenance 101.

Edited by NoirUltra
changed plural to singular

2 minutes ago, NoirUltra said:

Personally I like Gizmo´s choice of a time-frame, when the server is at its potentially most populated peaks, between 9am to central US, through 5 or 6pm Europe (when people are coming back from work,) 9pm Asia, and midnight in Australia. Ideal moment to ensure the people´s rage, 3DX has now decided to play the trolls in WoW!

Maybe with all the gold the room owner think they been robbed, they hire a project manager to learn Server maintenance 101.

Even with a "Project Manager" to learn "Server Maintenance" It was a Reboot.  Meaning it comes right back on.

Just now, Ghxst said:

Even with a "Project Manager" to learn "Server Maintenance" It was a Reboot.  Meaning it comes right back on.

You don´t reboot at any given time. That´s how it works. And add planning, roll-back and failover to the project manager´s. That´s how it works with a business server: 1 minute of outage, forced or not is a cost in revenue, or customer sat. Not that they care for the latter.

It´s not like you handle a server like your laptop. Proof is? Whatever was the reason behind the reboot, it created more issues than it fixed anything, looks like it keeps rebooting.

7 minutes ago, NoirUltra said:

Project managers don't do server maintenance.

1 minute ago, NoirUltra said:

You don´t reboot at any given time. That´s how it works. And add planning, roll-back and failover to the project manager´s. That´s how it works with a business server: 1 minute of outage, forced or not is a cost in revenue, or customer sat. Not that they care for the latter.

It´s not like you handle a server like your laptop. Proof is? Whatever was the reason behind the reboot, it created more issues than it fixed anything, looks like it keeps rebooting.

I know that there was a Reboot scheduled, but a Reboot is Rebooting it.  Comes right back on, I've run multiple servers for various games to know this.  It just seems like it's not being ran well.  Funny how Registration and everything is still open, so you can still buy a membership, but good luck getting onto the servers to play.

1 minute ago, Ghxst said:

I know that there was a Reboot scheduled, but a Reboot is Rebooting it.  Comes right back on, I've run multiple servers for various games to know this.  It just seems like it's not being ran well.  Funny how Registration and everything is still open, so you can still buy a membership, but good luck getting onto the servers to play.

That still doesn´t change the fact you chose the time-frame with less impact for the end-users, even a simple reboot can lead to disaster, tell me on the multiple servers you have run you had a specific window and maybe a change window to perform whatever. Right now it looks like amateurish for what they are doing.

I hope a lot of people just registered right now so they "lost connection" out, hopefully they´ll click on "forum" and come here share their enthusiasm with us.

Just now, NoirUltra said:

That still doesn´t change the fact you chose the time-frame with less impact for the end-users, even a simple reboot can lead to disaster, tell me on the multiple servers you have run you had a specific window and maybe a change window to perform whatever. Right now it looks like amateurish for what they are doing.

I hope a lot of people just registered right now so they "lost connection" out, hopefully they´ll click on "forum" and come here share their enthusiasm with us.

They rebooted it because it was having issues. If they didn't do maintenance now it would've continued to disconnect everyone. It's not that complicated.

They could've 'chosen a time-frame' later...but that would just meant he game would be having issues longer.

1 minute ago, NoirUltra said:

First off, I'm not the one complaining about the specific "Window" on when to promote my room or whatever for room owners.  If you want to go there,  There was no "Window" given other than a "Reboot at 5". A Standard Reboot, The servers come right back on...

Let's say they had an issue with the Reboot,  They have not notified ANYONE of any issues happening with the server, even though we all know that something is obviously wrong.

Their communication with the community is trash.