3DXChat Community

Add images and Text to Rooms

clevodude

I have been looking for a way to add images ( .png ect) to walls or add text to a wall. I have seen this on numeorus clubs but there is hardly any information on how to do this. I have no problems with hosting the images. seems like you can do many things with world editor.

On another topic how does one save a .world image form a regular program like photoshop?

Thanks you.

1 hour ago, clevodude said:

Its ok I got it figured out that you need modz and hacks...most of all any thing that can save images and files to .world extension................images and text...how hard can this be to implement in world editor!

Is called world pic something but I'll say it doesn't worth cause it creates huge amounts of props n files not to mention players bellow high settings won't even see those pictures.. Lol

6 hours ago, clevodude said:

Its ok I got it figured out that you need modz and hacks...most of all any thing that can save images and files to .world extension................images and text...how hard can this be to implement in world editor!

Just a problem of copyright, of unwanted pictures...

@Aliviax

Tamara's tool works fine. You can have some wonderful pictures in your. You just need to learn how to use it

Edited by MeiLing

What now? If I understand correctly, it is possible now to create a gallery with this. I mean a gallery room, with that ''Tamara Tool'' or ''world pic''. And the pictures in game..they will look like photos or will they be transformed into some tetris look or how to saaaaay 😅. Are the sizes of these images very large? I mean, hypothetically If I would add 10 of such pictures to a room, would I need then a computer from NASA to load the room or everything would work just fine with my normal pc?

5 hours ago, MeiLing said:

Just a problem of copyright, of unwanted pictures...

@Aliviax

Tamara's tool works fine. You can have some wonderful pictures in your. You just need to learn how to use it

i know how it works and i was talking about that tool 

have u bothered See the amount of props its creates for a 100x100 pic simple math for a picture in a wall that 90 % of 3dxchat player base wont even be able to see and in best case it will be seagmented  or the file size of that pic will like 1-2 clubs lol please ...

But anyways it was my personal opinion i dont want a picture in a wall that could potentialy be 500kb to 1 mb lol  depending the pic and depending how good this pic wanna seem ....

and as i mentioned bellow high graphic settings ppl wont even be able to see that pic from 3 meters distance in low settings wayyy more ....

never said the tool  isnt working also  i said  u have to deal with 10k to 40k + props in ur room for a silly picture that no one gives a damn  cause they enter the room and lag like hell :) 

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey @Maartine did you find that Text you were seeking...?

If not maybe download from here AlexaDarkness Archives - 3DX Chat Sharing ... not to brag, but my fonts tend to be popular

Failing that, if I know what kind of font you are looking for, maybe i can build you one...

My prices are just a couple of these in game gifts

image.png.e0e78111165da9b19b16a74f593dbf55.png

Edited by AlexaDarkness

On 8/5/2020 at 11:38 AM, MeiLing said:

Depend on your settings when you create the picture

not bad?

PictureLoadedAndResized.png.314a649a33ef

the video you done was a huge help thank you so much for doing this I'm not very tech savvy and this was so simple and easy