3DXChat Community

Old nasty bug

Xizi

This thread is not a complaint, actually kinda the opposite. Do you know/remember this bug, when some person walking in the wall/object on your screen while on their screen they are near you? I hated this nasty bug for all 2 years I have played 3dxchat. So... In last few weeks I didn't encounter it anymore. Tho l didn't play that much. So... I wanted to ask, is it's me just being lucky or devs finally fixed it?

It has to do with the abilty to walk through people if you spawn in, once you leave that spawn area, people cant seem to walk through others anymore on your screen, as long as you stay in the area, people walk through others for you still, but once you step out of the "sqaure" that doesnt happen anymore

The bug with seeing people walk into walls or swimming below the room are problems with the Server linking to your Client. 

Rooms where there’s a lot to load in and render make it worse. 

I have noticed that since the switch to the Test Server, the connection between Server and Client seems smoother and faster. 

The bug isn’t gone, but it is somewhat less frequent imo. 

1 hour ago, Yvonny said:

It has to do with the abilty to walk through people if you spawn in, once you leave that spawn area, people cant seem to walk through others anymore on your screen, as long as you stay in the area, people walk through others for you still, but once you step out of the "sqaure" that doesnt happen anymore

It's useful to be able to do that to avoid being trapped in gridlock in the spawn area.

5 hours ago, Derai said:

Rooms where there’s a lot to load in and render make it worse. 

I don't think so tbh. At least my experience does not match it.

I had this bug very often when I invited people to my place. Probably more often than in other rooms.

5 hours ago, Derai said:

The bug isn’t gone, but it is somewhat less frequent imo. 

4 hours ago, Lorelia said:

What Derai said. It's less frequent but still happens.
It started happening a lot since the 64 bits version, and was the most annoying bug in 3dx if you ask me. New server greatly improved it.

Oh... That's nice ^_^ It's not as good as complete fix of this bug but at least something. I guess it's not just my luck then that I did not encounter it in a weeks. I mean... I did not play much these weeks, but still, with how often it was happened before, I should have encountered it at least couple of times lol.

More when you invited people to your own place you say? @Xizl ?
Huh that's interesting. Guess it manifested differently for different people.

For me it was more often then not the crowded and Big rooms, where people complained about having a long loading screen to get in there.
On my screen these people would appear at 0.0.0. in the room. (Often far out to 'sea', or below the room)
Some of them woud 'snap' back to the real Spawn Location, but a lot of them would then walk into walls or just walk of in random directions.
But on their screen, they would be right next to me.

But again, that's now far less frequent since the new Server went live.
So I am seeing definite improvement.

1 hour ago, Derai said:

More when you invited people to your own place you say? @Xizl ?
Huh that's interesting. Guess it manifested differently for different people.

For me it was more often then not the crowded and Big rooms, where people complained about having a long loading screen to get in there.
On my screen these people would appear at 0.0.0. in the room. (Often far out to 'sea', or below the room)
Some of them woud 'snap' back to the real Spawn Location, but a lot of them would then walk into walls or just walk of in random directions.
But on their screen, they would be right next to me.

But again, that's now far less frequent since the new Server went live.
So I am seeing definite improvement.

Sounds a bit like The Night of the Zombies.  Are you sure you didn't just join a horror movie themed room?

Edited by Leopardus