3DXChat Community

Threat of DDOS a Party

CendesdeLune

Hello,

After a disagreement with another player, this one threatens me with DDOS every party I organize.

Is it possible to DDOS on a room with only one player?
And if so, how can I protect myself from it?

@Gizmo @LisaThank you in advance for your answers.

3dxchat is a chat for fun, I don't understand the obstinacy of some people to want to destroy others.

If indeed I undergo a DDOS, I will be in the obligation to divulge the pseudo of my detractor, so that you know who you have to deal with.

What's a shame is that this man is going to name the organizations he belongs to.

This person didn't give me time to screen the threatening message, so I don't have any real proof.

He sent me the message via discord and deleted it right away, I just had time to read the notification, in the corner of my screen.

He knows not to leave evidence.

I have to wait until I'm DDOS to report it...

Maybe he's just bluffing, unfortunately I think he's serious.

I say this player is full of shit. 
I can’t see a way for them to DDOS a specific room in 3DX without having to take down ALL of it. 

And that feel like a bit to much effort and expense just to bully you. 

Report, block them and move on. 

Not possible unless they have your ip and the only way they could get it is by having  admin access to the server or they get it differently ( usually they get it when they stream music or you followed a shady link with an ip logger. All the lamest tool those wannabe  'hacker' usually use.

Anyway .. if someone threaten you in any kind of way(https://3dxchat.com/game-rules.html). It against the TOS. Take a screenshot, report it and iggy the little booger.

as long as you are hosting the room they still can see your IP and hit it Or if they are hosting the room they can still see everyone's IP in the room. VPNs could hide your actual IP that depends on the VPN service.

Edited by BumbleBee

3 minutes ago, Kazze said:

Umm, no, sorry, that's fairly laughable, they cannot "see your IP" this isnt a peer to peer game....

Sure but in some cases they can see your IP if you connect to their radio stream which is facilitated by the game. 

I'd like to add to that summary that if anyone is particularly concerned at their IP address being accessible to someone private streaming, then you are advised to:

- make sure "Enable Radio" is unchecked in your own sound settings before entering a room.

- if you then want to listen to the music in the room but only if it's without risk, then find and click on the room's "iPad on a stand".  If it says "private stream" then it could be risky to turn your radio on.  You should only enable your radio in rooms that do not say "private stream".

That's my understanding anyway, based on this other thread.

Edited by Leopardus

5 hours ago, CendesdeLune said:

Hello,

Thank you for your very pertinent answers, so to sum up:

In order to be attacked, my attacker must have access to my IP address.
There is no way for a player to get this address through the game.
It is possible to get an IP via the stream.

The use of a VPN is strongly recommended.

Cheapest way is to disable radio and listen to your own music ;)