3DXChat Community

Room sort and search?

MNF Lady

There is no doubt that the new room order is not very popular. I can see the logic behind it as it offers some limited opportunity to small rooms to compete with large and crowded rooms as now everyone needs to promote the room to get to the top, not just be at the top because the room is crowded. However,  we still see the same rooms that were full still full and the same rooms that were small remain small. So I don't think the effect has been achieved, and whoever I spoke to or heard in public chat doesn't like the new room order.

So how about a feature that users can sort the rooms using their own criteria (like size, alphabetically by name or by owner) and also search the room? That might diminish the need to promote the room for XGold, but promoting can be adjusted such that it either shows promoted rooms in different colors for some time period or it places the promoted room in a separate section.

Edited by MNF Lady

I was just about to make this suggestion myself, but will add to this one. Search would definitely be welcome, being able to search by room title and host name. I will often visit a room with someone or a friend will say they have opened and then it is quite hard to find. Or have the option where rooms are filtered to the top where you are friends with the host.

Another possible suggestion is to use tags. Even if there are only two tags like "sex" and "music", so you could filter down the rooms depending on your needs.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/2/2020 at 10:14 AM, MNF Lady said:

There is no doubt that the new room order is not very popular. I can see the logic behind it as it offers some limited opportunity to small rooms to compete with large and crowded rooms as now everyone needs to promote the room to get to the top, not just be at the top because the room is crowded. However,  we still see the same rooms that were full still full and the same rooms that were small remain small. So I don't think the effect has been achieved, and whoever I spoke to or heard in public chat doesn't like the new room order.

So how about a feature that users can sort the rooms using their own criteria (like size, alphabetically by name or by owner) and also search the room? That might diminish the need to promote the room for XGold, but promoting can be adjusted such that it either shows promoted rooms in different colors for some time period or it places the promoted room in a separate section.

best idea ever

10 minutes ago, zigzag said:

best idea ever

its not the best idea cause it beats the true purpose and that is New room owners have chances to be shown and chance they have  personaly i see everyday many new room owners having decent ammount of ppl making them happy and keep trying to get better in whatever they do ...So ur suggestion is not only selfish but u also wanna cut the wings of the newer people for the sake of ur numbers lol please ..

Also scrolling the list to find a room isnt a big deal its like 5-10 seconds lol if u dont have 5-10 seconds patience to scroll then i dont know what you doing in this game.

you mention it looks ugly but on the contrary now it looks way better cause rooms get mixed up and we have nice varieties number wise ...you scroll down and u get surprised in what u will find ,previously after 1st page was the abyss and u wanna bring the abyss again lol .

this system is the most fair 3dxchat ever have implemented . 

Currently i have even  seen many new unknown ppl having the most ppl in their room So yes system works 

50 minutes ago, Aliviax said:

its not the best idea cause it beats the true purpose and that is New room owners have chances to be shown and chance they have  personaly i see everyday many new room owners having decent ammount of ppl making them happy and keep trying to get better in whatever they do ...So ur suggestion is not only selfish but u also wanna cut the wings of the newer people for the sake of ur numbers lol please ..

Also scrolling the list to find a room isnt a big deal its like 5-10 seconds lol if u dont have 5-10 seconds patience to scroll then i dont know what you doing in this game.

you mention it looks ugly but on the contrary now it looks way better cause rooms get mixed up and we have nice varieties number wise ...you scroll down and u get surprised in what u will find ,previously after 1st page was the abyss and u wanna bring the abyss again lol .

Currently i have even  seen many new unknown ppl having the most ppl in their room So yes system works 

enjoy it why you can it wont last long

14 hours ago, Aliviax said:

Arrrrggghhh.....I disagree with this argument so much it makes my eyes bleed to read it and it turns my stomach with angst!!!

Why should the desire of new room owners to "be shown" be more important than my desire to have a key user interface feature be presented to me on my computer in a way that works for me for the way that I want my game time to be experienced (in a game I pay for btw!!)?  And for other users to be able to pay xgold to interfere further with my user interface just adds salt into my wounds!  There is nothing wrong with being selfish about user interface functionality - the "true purpose" (as you say) of a user interface is to serve the needs of the user.

In the old room sequence if I wanted to see the rooms you so passionately care about I could choose to do so by scrolling to the bottom of the list and choosing to explore those rooms.  But usually I didn't want to do so (sometimes I did) because it did not suit the way I wanted to play the game.  Don't get me wrong, I am not against new room designers and exploring rooms.  Quite the opposite, I welcome them and enjoy exploring them -  but when I choose to do so!

Regarding whether the current list looks ugly which you argue against, I will remind you that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  You may think the current list looks beautiful - I am pleased for you.  But I think it looks so ugly it pains me to see it.  There is no arguing this point.   Each to their own judgement on what pleases them.  You think it is beautiful.  I think it is ugly and discordant and it frustrates the hell out of me.

I understand that you support the new room list method, because it suits you for what you think is right and proper for new room builders, and therefore you conclude that this is fair.  But we all have different wants and needs and the new method clearly doesn't work for those people in this thread that have argued against it.  In the sense that the new method potentially places the needs of a small group over the needs of the many (I accept I have made an assumption here), it can be argued that the new method is very unfair.

The ONLY fair approach for ALL is for a variety of sort sequence options to be provided as suggested in this thread.  That way you can see your beautiful list full of empty (and mostly awful) rooms created by new and old designers mixed up with popular rooms, and you can support them by visiting their rooms, and you and they can be happy.  And I can view the room list in any way that I think is beautiful and suits how I chose to play my game and I can be happy and so can the owners of the rooms I choose to visit.  Plus anyone that is even more passionate than you about empty rooms and new room designers (if there is such a person lol) can select to see the list in reverse order of popularity (!) if they wish and they don't have to be inconvenienced by all the busy rooms whatsoever!  THAT is real fairness.

Edited by Leopardus

I would suggest color-coding the rooms by an owner-designated room type. It won't interfere with the sorting but will make it easier to find what you want. Alternatively, add filter buttons for each major type.

If your room type is Club, it's green.
If it's Sex, it's pink.
If it's Games, it's yellow.
If it's Roleplay, it's blue.

All others are white.

8 hours ago, Leopardus said:

Arrrrggghhh.....I disagree with this argument so much it makes my eyes bleed to read it and it turns my stomach with angst!!!

Why should the desire of new room owners to "be shown" be more important than my desire to have a key user interface feature be presented to me on my computer in a way that works for me for the way that I want my game time to be experienced (in a game I pay for btw!!)?  And for other users to be able to pay xgold to interfere further with my user interface just adds salt into my wounds!  There is nothing wrong with being selfish about user interface functionality - the "true purpose" of a user interface is to serve the needs of the user.

In the old room sequence if I wanted to see the rooms you so passionately care about I could choose to do so by scrolling to the bottom of the list and choosing to explore those rooms.  But usually I didn't want to do so (sometimes I did) because it did not suit the way I wanted to play the game.  Don't get me wrong, I am not against new room designers and exploring rooms.  Quite the opposite, I welcome them and enjoy exploring them -  but when I choose to do so!

Regarding whether the current list looks ugly which you argue against, I will remind you that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  You may think the current list looks beautiful - I am pleased for you.  But I think it looks so ugly it pains me to see it.  There is no arguing this point.   Each to their own judgement on what pleases them.  You think it is beautiful.  I think it is ugly and discordant and it frustrates the hell out of me.

I understand that you support the new room list method, because it suits you for what you think is right and proper for new room builders, and therefore you conclude that this is fair.  But we all have different wants and needs and the new method clearly doesn't work for those people in this thread that have argued against it.  In the sense that the new method potentially places the needs of a small group over the needs of the many (I accept I have made an assumption here), it can be argued that the new method is very unfair.

The ONLY fair approach for ALL is for a variety of sort sequence options to be provided as suggested in this thread.  That way you can see your beautiful list full of empty (and mostly awful) rooms created by new and old designers mixed up with popular rooms, and you can support them by visiting their rooms, and you and they can be happy.  And I can view the room list in any way that I think is beautiful and suits how I chose to play my game and I can be happy and so can the owners of the rooms I choose to visit.  Plus anyone that is even more passionate than you about empty rooms and new room designers (if there is such a person lol) can select to see the list in reverse order of popularity (!) if they wish and they don't have to be inconvenienced by all the busy rooms whatsoever!  THAT is real fairness.

Maybe I am wrong cos I am no dev, but if we have filters, and each of us can sort rooms as we want, each time someone do it, it will send a query to the server and increase the load on it? Or is it something not heavy at all for the server?

I never understood why we couldnt sort rooms and even less why we couldnt sort friends, and this is the only reason that came to my mind.

3 minutes ago, Torax said:

Maybe I am wrong cos I am no dev, but if we have filters, and each of us can sort rooms as we want, each time someone do it, it will send a query to the server and increase the load on it? Or is it something not heavy at all for the server?

I never understood why we couldnt sort rooms and even less why we couldnt sort friends, and this is the only reason that came to my mind.

If the servers can't cope with such a small thing compared to the processing of a 3d virtual world then they still didn't buy the right servers!

2 hours ago, Torax said:

All games i know has sorting feature and it doesn`t look heavy at all.

24 minutes ago, ☙𝔼𝕩❧ said:

Because it is a hell to scroll the full list of rooms and hurt for eyes to search the name of a host or a room.

not to mention the order looks unprofessional i am sure 3dx main income is from our monthly or yearly fee however you may pay do they really need our .10 cents to every time we top our rooms. that is if anyone really even buying there gold to do this lol. just put the room listings back and make your game look professional again.

18 minutes ago, Anaganda said:

How about user can favorite a couple of rooms, then those rooms when open go on top of the list for the user... with stars next to them or something... then below them x-gold boosted room and rest of rooms sorted according to Giz's desires

That wouldn't suit my requirements.  I don't have favourite rooms (although others probably do and being able to favourite them sounds like a good idea), but ultimately I want the user list to be available to me in a sequence that works for me not someone with xgold.

A separate list of promoted rooms isnt a bad thing (if I can easily ignore it if I want to), as long as I can still access the full list of rooms in a sequence that works for me.

Edited by Leopardus

6 minutes ago, Leopardus said:

That wouldn't suit my requirements.  I don't have favourite rooms (although others probably do and being able to favourite them sounds like a good idea), but ultimately I want the user list to be available to me in a sequence that works for me not someone with xgold.

A separate list of promoted rooms isnt a bad thing (if I can easily ignore it if I want to), as long as I can access the full list of rooms in a sequence that works for me.

sadly nothing can suit the requirements of every one anyways... I was among the first to suggest individual room sorting... but giving it a second though... that wouldn't work for hosts, since room boosting will be useless.

every one has a way they want things to work... and no matter what solution will come (if any at all) there will always be the one or one hundred who will come saying that this doesn't work for them and their needs.

Edited by Anaganda

42 minutes ago, Anaganda said:

How about user can favorite a couple of rooms, then those rooms when open go on top of the list for the user... with stars next to them or something... then below them x-gold boosted room and rest of rooms sorted according to Giz's desires

And this idea and sorting is awesome. In my opinion, most important for most not new people is to find somehow/by any tools/in any way(than more comfortable,than better) something they want to find. I want to find a public room of my friend or anyone else. I don`t care about x gold/room wars, go out of me. I want to find a room. By name or i can put it in favorite. I really don`t care about room wars, they should play with themselves. I am out of that stuff. I want to use 3dxchat in normal way i use other products. I hope that devs will show their professional skills and give us such a simple thing.

PS: or maybe some mod creator will do an interface mod or anything else. I`ll use this.