3DXChat Community

Resolution Problem!

Pookii

So I got a new PC... and I was trying out different resolutions... and I put one on that made my screen HUGE...  So huge I cant see all of my settings window to change it back... as far as I can see is FPS limit... the UI scale and resolution drop down boxes are off screen..  I've tried reinstalling... I deleted the game folder, i've tried alt + enter.... I've messed with my display settings on my desktop... nothing I do seems to be able to let me change my resolution back or get it so I can see ALL of my settings window...  

Please halp!!  (Yes I know, I have to be a special kind of blonde to do this to myself.... :P )

2020-07-31 19-39-14_1645.png

I tried to replicate your screen shot scale on my laptop and almost ran into the same problem!  I set the Resolution to 1024 x 1440, and the UI Scale to 2.0.

I think the main issue is the UI Scale when you have the big resolution.  Luckily in my case I could JUST see a sliver of the UI Scale drop down above the FPS Limit dropdown...really it was a tiny sliver.  But I could click on the sliver and change the UI Scale to a lower value (I chose 1.25, but 1.0 is the default).  As soon as that is selected the Menu text becomes smaller and the whole menu could be seen, allowing me to then change the resolution (in my case back to 2560 x 1440).

I hope you will also be able to see a tiny bit of the UI Scale dropdown  to do the same...

If not, then I would suggest trying to uninstall, then run the 3DX registry batch file cleaner before reinstalling.  I have no idea if this will help but worth a try.  If you click on the link arrow in the top right corner of the post link below, you will go to the full message which has a batch file that can be run.

Edited by Leopardus

The problem isn't getting to the settings screen - the OP has been able to do that.  The problem is that they are now unable to change the Resolution and UI Scale because they have been set at levels which means those settings can't now be seen on the settings screen, and there doesn't seem to be a way to scroll the settings screen or to TAB back up the settings options.

Edited by Leopardus

@Pookii in case you are unfamiliar with editing the registry, I hope these steps will help (assuming you are running Windows 10 and you might need to be using an Administrator account for your system):

1. Exit 3DXChat
  2. Type 'Regedit' in the Windows search box and press enter  Usually this is in the bottom left of the screen next to the windows icon.  If you don't have it, click on the Windows icon in the bottom left of the screen and type "Reg".  You should see "Registry Editor (App)" appear in the list of matches.  Select it.
  3. If asked if you want to allow the app to make changes to your device, select "Yes".
  4. The Registry Editor program should open.  In the left hand pane, collapse all levels below "Computer"
  5. Expand 'HKEY _CURRENT_USER'
  6. Expand 'Software'
  7. Expand 'SexGameDevil'
  8. Double click on '3DXChat'.
  9. Then scroll down the list in the right hand pane until you see the entry starting with  'UI Scale.....'.  Mine says 'UI Scale_h2005597921'.  Double click on your UI Scale entry.
  10. A small EDIT DWORD box will open.  Change the number in the 'Value' field to 2 (it probably says 6).  Press enter
  11. Exit the Registry Editor.
  12. Restart 3DXCHAT and hopefully you will be able to see all of your settings menu entries again, so then you can amend the resolution back too if you want.
Edited by Leopardus

11 hours ago, Pookii said:

Leopardus, THANK YOU!  That worked! It's fixed! I wubs you bunches! hehe :)))

Seriously, thank you. And to everyone else who also tried to help!

*big huggles*

The thanks should go to Yvonny really as she provided the fastest way to a solution, avoiding the need to do an uninstall, a registry clean and reinstall.

All I did was write out the steps to Yvonny's solution in more detail in case you weren't familiar with editing the Registry.

By the way, I should have also said "always be careful with making changes to the Registry file".  Ideally you should always make a copy of the Registry file beforehand as mistakes or changes to some Registry keys could cause big problems to how you computer runs (or worse!).

Edited by Leopardus