3DXChat Community

Donate feature: Cons and Pros.

THX

Love the idea Gizmo about donate.  I really do like the idea if being a to 'donate.'  I also like the idea of Xgold transfer. I'll keep this brief and mildly entertaining. Without enforcement here are things you may have to deal with.

If I was an asshole....

I'd make a room using another account and sell things others made as mine till things got too hot. Then I would make another room with a new account and repeat till it got too hot again.

If i was an asshole...

I might open a brothel and require patrons to 'donate' for 'services.'  And after payment or poor service or no service, simply close up and laugh at how i just scammed them.

If I was an asshole...

For a donation' up front will show you a good time in my place. And after payment, simply close the room. Rinse and repeat.

If I was an asshole...

(This one makes a lot of money)

"Oh Gizmo...I'd love to cam for you on skype, but my dog died, I have no money...and I really need $50 dollars to pay for my daughters life saving treatment...you sexy hunk of man you. But, if you wanna help poor little me, you can donate in my room and I'll meet you on Skype."

One last one...but there are so many I've seen.

If I was an asshole...

I'd use a room and the donate feature to claim to provide complete hosting packages. I'd offer - for a fee up front, to provide DJ's  greeters, and and dance teams to make your club popular. I'd pay some and not others. I'd promise to pay them and when I can't put them off anymore I may take what I made delete that account and lay low for awhile till I thought of how to pull that off again.

Just a few things to think of.

Last 4 aren't your problem. That is user to user, but you will hear complaints for sure and will need to spell that out.   First one is though.

Edited by THX

1 hour ago, THX said:

Love the idea Gizmo about donate.  I really do like the idea if being a to 'donate.'  I also like the idea of Xgold transfer. I'll keep this brief and mildly entertaining. Without enforcement here are things you may have to deal with.

If I was an asshole....

I'd make a room using another account and sell things others made as mine till things got too hot. Then I would make another room with a new account and repeat till it got too hot again.

If i was an asshole...

I might open a brothel and require patrons to 'donate' for 'services.'  And after payment or poor service or no service, simply close up and laugh at how i just scammed them.

If I was an asshole...

For a donation' up front will show you a good time in my place. And after payment, simply close the room. Rinse and repeat.

If I was an asshole...

(This one makes a lot of money)

"Oh Gizmo...I'd love to cam for you on skype, but my dog died, I have no money...and I really need $50 dollars to pay for my daughters life saving treatment...you sexy hunk of man you. But, if you wanna help poor little me, you can donate in my room and I'll meet you on Skype."

One last one...but there are so many I've seen.

If I was an asshole...

I'd use a room and the donate feature to claim to provide complete hosting packages. I'd offer - for a fee up front, to provide DJ's  greeters, and and dance teams to make your club popular. I'd pay some and not others. I'd promise to pay them and when I can't put them off anymore I may take what I made delete that account and lay low for awhile till I thought of how to pull that off again.

Just a few things to think of.

Last 4 aren't your problem. That is user to user, but you will hear complaints for sure and will need to spell that out.   First one is though.

Its not gizmo fault ppl give free rooms lol giving free means u give them full rights to use it as they please they can even sell it without original builder earn cause builder shares it for free 

Same applies when u sell.. Buyer can do as they please but in this case builder got paid 😁

See now why I sell 2 years now cause I was able to see the future n be covered in any aspect 😉 so I don't feel bad if ppl use my room for whatever

The donation part do not apply in sex services lol its for hosting djing n rooms cam girls well ppl should go in cam girls site not 3dxchat lol 3dxchat is for virtual if ppl need cam there are other platforms to work or watch

2 minutes ago, Aliviax said:

Its not gizmo fault ppl give free rooms lol giving free means u give them full rights to use it as they please they can even sell it without original builder earn cause builder shares it for free 

Same applies when u sell.. Buyer can do as they please but in this case builder got paid 😁

See now why I sell 2 years now cause I was able to see the future n be covered in any aspect 😉 so I don't feel bad if ppl use my room for whatever

The donation part do not apply in sex services lol its for hosting djing n rooms cam girls well ppl should go in cam girls site not 3dxchat lol 3dxchat is for virtual if ppl need cam there are other platforms to work or watch

No Alivia. 

That's why there is personal and commercial use rights. They are not the same.   You may have given your clients resale rights, but that isn't common.

I've been selling for over eight years and made thousands elsewhere. I never give resale rights unless spelled out.

1 minute ago, THX said:

No Alivia. 

That's why there is personal and commercial use rights. They are not the same.   You may have given your clients resale rights, but that isn't common.

I've been selling for over eight years and made thousands elsewhere. I never give resale rights unless spelled out.

Well since ppl gave free rooms n didn't specify its their mistake simple... 

No one to blame there but them self 😉

Just now, Aliviax said:

Well since ppl gave free rooms n didn't specify its their mistake simple... 

No one to blame there but them self 😉

You dont have to specify anything, selling something that doesnt belong to you isnt allowed.  

https://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/faq-general.html

When is my work protected?

Your work is under copyright protection the moment it is created and fixed in a tangible form that it is perceptible either directly or with the aid of a machine or device.

Do I have to register with your office to be protected?

No. In general, registration is voluntary. Copyright exists from the moment the work is created. You will have to register, however, if you wish to bring a lawsuit for infringement of a U.S. work. See Circular 1, Copyright Basics, section “Copyright Registration.”

1 minute ago, Torax said:

You dont have to specify anything, selling something that doesnt belong to you isnt allowed.  

Its allowed if u never specify  so I think it's time free builders start specify their stuff. 

Personally whoever buy from me is free 😉 later I'll do a more in depth explanation cause now in Beach n can't type on mobile lol

Just now, Aliviax said:

Its allowed if u never specify  so I think it's time free builders start specify their stuff. 

Personally whoever buy from me is free 😉 later I'll do a more in depth explanation cause now in Beach n can't type on mobile lol

You are totally wrong and stubborn, obviously you do your own laws... Any creation is under copyright. Free sharing allows free personal usage and no commercial usage. 

Copyright is Automatic

One of the most common misunderstandings of copyright is how to get it.

There is a persistent myth that copyright is something you apply for or obtain from a government agency. One of the weirder compliments you may get from people if they like your artwork or writing is, “You should be sure to get a copyright on that!”

This is all wrong.

Copyright happens automatically, the minute you set something into a “fixed form” — even if that fixed form is pen scratches on a legal pad. You automatically own the copyright to any creative work of art you produce, the minute you produce it.

That © Sign

Another misconception is that you have to put the copyright symbol on something, or else it isn’t copyrighted. This used to be true, but is not the case any longer.

In a related myth, some people think that you can’t use the copyright symbol unless you have registered the copyright. Also untrue.

The copyright symbol carries no legal weight and has no magical effect on the status of your copyright. Forgetting to use it does not cause you to lose your rights related to something you created.

The purpose of the copyright symbol and dated copyright notice is to inform people that a piece of art is copyrighted, who owns that copyright, and under what terms is the present copy being made available.

Copyright notices are not required for any reason, but they are certainly useful and ought to be included.

I might be wrong at the end, so if you have a source, please show me where it is specified that you have to show your copyright choice and where is it explained that by default it is CC0.

Ok i went directly to the source here: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode

Statement of Purpose

The laws of most jurisdictions throughout the world automatically confer exclusive Copyright and Related Rights (defined below) upon the creator and subsequent owner(s) (each and all, an "owner") of an original work of authorship and/or a database (each, a "Work").

Certain owners wish to permanently relinquish those rights to a Work for the purpose of contributing to a commons of creative, cultural and scientific works ("Commons") that the public can reliably and without fear of later claims of infringement build upon, modify, incorporate in other works, reuse and redistribute as freely as possible in any form whatsoever and for any purposes, including without limitation commercial purposes. These owners may contribute to the Commons to promote the ideal of a free culture and the further production of creative, cultural and scientific works, or to gain reputation or greater distribution for their Work in part through the use and efforts of others.

For these and/or other purposes and motivations, and without any expectation of additional consideration or compensation, the person associating CC0 with a Work (the "Affirmer"), to the extent that he or she is an owner of Copyright and Related Rights in the Work, voluntarily elects to apply CC0 to the Work and publicly distribute the Work under its terms, with knowledge of his or her Copyright and Related Rights in the Work and the meaning and intended legal effect of CC0 on those rights.

Conclusion, all our rooms are protected by defalut with copyright, sharing them dont make them CC0, the owner has to clearly mention that the work is CC0. Bottom line, it is not legal to share someone else room.

Well @Torax personally whoever buy from me rooms they are free to do whatever they want so not my problem what free builders do.. It's their issue.

I suggest you mention if downloads are cc0 n if ppl be able to earn money from them 💵💵 cause many dont know n would be helpful for them maybe u asap go n update ur site Tha the free rooms there can't earn donations

3 minutes ago, Torax said:

Ok i went directly to the source here: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode

Statement of Purpose

The laws of most jurisdictions throughout the world automatically confer exclusive Copyright and Related Rights (defined below) upon the creator and subsequent owner(s) (each and all, an "owner") of an original work of authorship and/or a database (each, a "Work").

Certain owners wish to permanently relinquish those rights to a Work for the purpose of contributing to a commons of creative, cultural and scientific works ("Commons") that the public can reliably and without fear of later claims of infringement build upon, modify, incorporate in other works, reuse and redistribute as freely as possible in any form whatsoever and for any purposes, including without limitation commercial purposes. These owners may contribute to the Commons to promote the ideal of a free culture and the further production of creative, cultural and scientific works, or to gain reputation or greater distribution for their Work in part through the use and efforts of others.

For these and/or other purposes and motivations, and without any expectation of additional consideration or compensation, the person associating CC0 with a Work (the "Affirmer"), to the extent that he or she is an owner of Copyright and Related Rights in the Work, voluntarily elects to apply CC0 to the Work and publicly distribute the Work under its terms, with knowledge of his or her Copyright and Related Rights in the Work and the meaning and intended legal effect of CC0 on those rights.

Conclusion, all our rooms are protected by defalut with copyright, sharing them dont make them CC0, the owner has to clearly mention that the work is CC0. Bottom line, it is not legal to share someone else room.

Awesome go mention that in ur site so ppl know 😉

I will see what I do with my website if something needed. As per now, it would be an information cos it looks like even you dont know the law :) 

Edited by Torax

Just now, Torax said:

I will see what I do with my website if something needed. As per now, it would be an information cos it looks like even you dont know the law :)

I don't know the law all I do is give full rights to ppl buy from me so no issue from me n them its a chance now I also specify clearly I give them full rights so they know 😊

58 minutes ago, Aliviax said:

Actually the one to be covered is the buyer who needs to have a clear proof that you let him all your rights.

Just now, Aliviax said:

I don't know the law all I do is give full rights to ppl buy from me so no issue from me n them its a chance now I also specify clearly I give them full rights so they know 😊

And this is totally fine, meanwhile you kinda said all people sharing for free are idiots not knowing their right while they did and you didnt.

24 minutes ago, Torax said:

And this is totally fine, meanwhile you kinda said all people sharing for free are idiots not knowing their right while they did and you didnt.

Nope I said it's their issue now to clear  how their free rooms work they need to inform ppl 😉

all people who shared rooms, shared rooms in an environment where you can't profit from rooms... not their fault that 3dx decided to do this update or any of that... and anyone who says anything other than that is the idiot!

Actually, we added donations to support party organizers (they can also be builders, DJs, or anyone else). We want the game to have more awesome events and parties so players can support the hosts they love.

This does not mean that players have to pay. Asking and demanding payment is prohibited. Donation is a voluntary desire to support the host. If someone demands payment from you, refuse it.