3DXChat Community

Patch 422 and buying gold for users

DyllanD

23 minutes ago, THX said:

But your missing the point what 'sharing' is. 

If you lent me your truck to go pick up something because I don't have one. Should I lend it to another to use?

If you let me use your beachfront vacation home for a week and I only go for 4 days, should I give it for the last three to someone else without your permission?

If we follow this logic, then you put (lent) your rooms (truck/beachfront) to Torax sharing site, but he don't have the right to give it to someone else.

You should see it like: If you offer a car to someone, does this person have the right to decorate it to their taste ?

Edited by Leeloo

39 minutes ago, Leeloo said:

If we follow this logic, then you put (lent) your rooms (truck/beachfront) to Torax sharing site, but he don't have the right to give it to someone else.

You should see it like: If you offer a car to someone, does this person have the right to decorate it to their taste ?

This is literally like talking to a brick.

If you use common sense it should be clear what the difference is.

22 hours ago, Xizl said:

I am not willing to accept rape.

Indeed, I am not bothered by the word "rape" in the name of the room in online game. Because I know that no one there are really getting raped or going to be raped. You can't rape people in 3dxchat. What people (well, some of them at least) in such rooms do is rape/forced sex themed RP. Yeah, maybe it's absolutely disgusting for you, but you have to admit that it's not a rape. Consensual roleplay in online game simply can't be a rape. 

If I am willing to accept the fact that people doing such kind of roleplays and not bothered much by a room named like this (even if I admit that it's kinda nasty and straight up distasteful) – it does not mean that I have acceptance towards the rape. I mean a real rape, not a roleplay. I think that rape is absolutely unacceptable and should be punished harshly, no matter the circumstances, no matter the gender/clothes/time of the day/place or any other conditions. It's always the guilt of the rapist and rape can't have any excuses. 

But what happens in game has nothing to do with a real rape. It's just a consensual RP.

So there should be none of the guidelines put forth in the rules then?  Do you feel sex with kids is okay as long as its RP?  Do you feel sex with animals is okay on game as long as its just RP?  Or should it only be okay if its in a nice room with a good DJ?

As to  room sharing I understand you completely T.  Not long ago V and I gave a room to a friend. This room had originally been given away for free and then removed.  This friend and his then wife really loved the room so we gave it to them and had them promise it would be just theirs to use because we hoped to open it publicly at some point.  Well they gave it away. A valuable lesson learned.  But a lesson all should heed.  Once you give it away it is gone.

Edited by SusanLouisa

On 7/29/2020 at 12:40 PM, Gizmo said:

We are considering adding xgold transfers in the upcoming updates.

Really? You asked for it since long an we voted "yes", we want it, like the pose editor. Just to remember you @Gizmo:

http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/6540-pose-editor/ form 24 Mar 2018

The poll for XGold transfer is on Discord, in the polls channel from @Lisa on 06 Nov 2019

Where are the moderated rooms @Lisa announced in the roadmap during the DDoS crash? https://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/10815-news/

Why always features you did not ask for and that you did not anounce? Where are the announced features the once you asked for?

7 hours ago, SusanLouisa said:

As to  room sharing I understand you completely T.  Not long ago V and I gave a room to a friend. This room had originally been given away for free and then removed.  This friend and his then wife really loved the room so we gave it to them and had them promise it would be just theirs to use because we hoped to open it publicly at some point.  Well they gave it away. A valuable lesson learned.  But a lesson all should heed.  Once you give it away it is gone.

And now it would even be possible for these "friends" to make money with it. That's even worse.

2 hours ago, ☙𝔼𝕩❧ said:

This patreon button works fine. It seems most of people are okay with this feature. Thanks x)

When you say "it seems most people are ok with this feature", do you mean it works ok for those that have tried it, or that most users are happy with the feature?  If the latter, where have you got your data from?

1 hour ago, Leopardus said:

When you say "it seems most people are ok with this feature", do you mean it works ok for those that have tried it, or that most users are happy with the feature?  If the latter, where have you got your data from?

I said "works fine". And yes, by looking on the forum and wc, most people are okay with this feature.

ps: you can calculate this yourself ;)

Edited by ☙𝔼𝕩❧

13 minutes ago, ☙𝔼𝕩❧ said:

I said "works fine". And yes, by looking on the forum and wc, most people are okay with this feature.

ps: you can calculate this yourself ;)

I only asked because the impression I had from the forums was people  not being happy with the feature.  Personally, I think it is early days and we need to wait to see how (if) the game will change...for the better or worse or not at all.

Just now, Leopardus said:

I only asked because the impression I had from the forums was people  not being happy with the feature.  Personally, I think it is early days and we need to wait to see how (if) the game will change...for the better or worse or not at all.

I look at the amount of people who are against this feature and compare them with people who are not against it. Minority is always more loud, it`s okay. Let`s see what will happen in the future then.

On 7/29/2020 at 3:49 PM, SusanLouisa said:

Were they blocked from purchasing a subscription? All this does is ask to pay to join a room or demand payment to DJ.  As many won't pay I don't see how this allows anything other than attract the attention of the IRS and hackers.

3dx merely provide a link to Patreon. Any anti money laundering or ID requirements are on Patreon, not 3dx. Patreon appears to create certain forms for use with US tax, and I'm sure their UK website will have an income statement available. Gifts in the UK are not taxable (as it's already been taxed or may be taxed that year as income for the person gifting!). If people are selling stuff then they should report it as income, but that is largely up to them and can't imagine most tax jurisdictions will care about a few £ or $. I am aware the tax people are not as dim as some hope and there is some reporting by, for example, ebay to the relevant tax authorities.