3DXChat Community

Patch 422 and buying gold for users

DyllanD

2 hours ago, Leeloo said:

I can confirm that it was bothering him. When i modified his game sexpot to have a lesbian version, he yelled at me for one full week untill i cancel the idea to play "my" lesbian version of it lol

Since then, i don't download or play his games, so don't say he wasn't bothered :D

No leeloo, tell the full truth. 

It wasn't you modding a game I made to use, it was you trying to make a few changes like colors and upload it to share as yours on Toraxs site. Yet I was the one to create it and work out the gameplay mechanics that took weeks of testing.  And you change a few colors and want to upload it to share??

Back then, I chalked it up to a newbie mistake as I knew you were new to all of this... but now you make a joke about it?

And you're goddam right, that goddam pisses me off now. 

Edited by THX

Patreon is good when you have something regular to offer to your subscribers since it is a monthly or even yearly fee. 

For a donation, Patreon is not the best solution:  https://support.patreon.com/hc/en-us/articles/204606215-Can-I-make-a-one-time-payment-

I guess the advantage of it is that you are more anonymous than with paypal (except if you created a "fake" paypal account).

At the end, since it is not an obligation to donate, I am not sure the impact on 3dx will be that huge yet. At least as long as some people will give for free, dj for free, host for free, I still see some hope. I dont see anything wrong with people selling something if there is someone to buy it, as long as free options exist. If with time, you kinda are forced to buy to still enjoy 3dx, I mean pay more than the actual subscription, then there is a real issue... Time will tell us...Also somehow this new economy is totally out of any control from devs, how can they check abuses? It is one thing to wait that a report for bad behaviour is taken into consideration, now what if someone report a scam? Example Player X asked me 20 euros for a room, I did the donation but I never got the room...they most likely will say that it is not their problem as patreon is not 3dx...

9 minutes ago, THX said:

It wasn't you modding a game I made to use, it was you trying to make a few changes like colors and upload it to share as yours on Toraxs site. Yet I was the one to create it and work out the gameplay mechanics that took weeks of testing.  And you change a few colors and want to upload it to share??

And you're goddam right that pissed me off. You should have known better. 

That exactly is the problem I can see 3DXC will have with this new system.
Take our New York room for example. Libussa made the Marshmallow Man and the Avengers jet for us. And I downloaded a Time Square room and used it.
So how could I sell this room? Others made parts of it for free and I would sell it? That would be against my ethical values.

1 hour ago, Diana Prince said:

That exactly is the problem I can see 3DXC will have with this new system.
Take our New York room for example. Libussa made the Marshmallow Man and the Avengers jet for us. And I downloaded a Time Square room and used it.
So how could I sell this room? Others made parts of it for free and I would sell it? That would be against my ethical values.

There are a few ways to solve it. 

. Most applicable to the current situation imo  is you get permission to use someones assets for sale. (Less likely, but does happen)

Another way is make some deal, but whatecer it is, get it in writing. In world text, or email. That way if they try to make you look like a thief you can show a screenshot for proof.

Best thing to do if you build to sell is make all your own stuff imo. Sure, takes longer but no one can say shit. Or make some kinda deal for things with someone ahead of time.

Sure the intent of the 'donate' may not be meant for this, but in other worlds it's used a a means to make sales under the guise of donate.

Gizmo may, and most probably will define how much they may or may not get involved, but I've seen how messy it can get elsewhere, when people are selling things they used from others.

Stalking, harrassment, etc.... can get ugly.

51 minutes ago, Angelqueen said:

After this option i think vuilders save own rorm more.... maybe will be end of the free objects and rooms

No worries I'll start share a Lil more free rooms n best thing is I'll give them on creative commons 0 meaning u will be free to earn donations 💵 same will be for my non free rooms.. See how kind n cool I am 😁😁😁😁

Devs just wanted to support and help room hosts. Some people have the patreon information at their profiles already. it is not begging or soliciting. It changes nothing.

Many people will think again about creating a patreon page, perhaps some of them will do so. I don't think people who are already paying for 3dx will pay more. Rare ones. Anyway, the donation depends on everyone. No one forces you to do this. To do or not to do - it's up to you.

8 hours ago, THX said:

It wasn't you modding a game I made to use, it was you trying to make a few changes like colors and upload it to share as yours on Toraxs site.

You should tell the full truth too.

You say i wanted to share it as mine, but you forgot to mention that when i proposed to share it on torax's site, i was clear that i didn't made it and that i told i modified it to make a lesbian version. I didn't tell "hey girls look what game i invented !". If i wanted to claim it as my creation, first i would have change the name. But, if i remember well (that's an old story and we will not argue on it again), i called it "Sexpot, lesbian version" (i don't remember, like i've said, i canceled this lesbian version)

20 hours ago, Pandorra said:

If you do what you do, 'cos you like doing it, go do it.

If you're looking for payment, don't play games but get a job.

This whole idea of commercializing each and everything makes me puke.

Agreed. I wonder what happens when everyone stays to the left side of room lists.  Seems those who wanted the game to turn into those games we have all been on and left to come to 3dx have won.  Well. Those games are well established, free to play, and have few if any bugs.

Edited by SusanLouisa

4 hours ago, Leeloo said:

You should tell the full truth too.

You say i wanted to share it as mine, but you forgot to mention that when i proposed to share it on torax's site, i was clear that i didn't made it and that i told i modified it to make a lesbian version. I didn't tell "hey girls look what game i invented !". If i wanted to claim it as my creation, first i would have change the name. But, if i remember well (that's an old story and we will not argue on it again), i called it "Sexpot, lesbian version" (i don't remember, like i've said, i canceled this lesbian version)

What you continue to not get is it was never yours to put on anyone's site as yours.  You seem to think if you change a few words or notes to a song, you can give that out as your own.

I don't know why this doesn't make sense to you.

You should have just made your own game. Instead, you chose the lazy way.

Where did i say it was MY game ? I clearly statted that someone else made the game and that i MODIFIED it for lesbians. I even told to the first post, and the second post that i didn't know WHO MADE this game. As you said higher, i was new to using Torax's site and was just clicking the pic of the room, then the link to the download. 

But what upsetted you was not the fact i used it or modified it, it's that i didn't ask you or name you at this time. Hey, i didn't even know it was you who made it before you yell at me.

8 minutes ago, Leeloo said:

Where did i say it was MY game ? I clearly statted that someone else made the game and that i MODIFIED it for lesbians. I even told to the first post, and the second post that i didn't know WHO MADE this game. As you said higher, i was new to using Torax's site and was just clicking the pic of the room, then the link to the download. 

But what upsetted you was not the fact i used it or modified it, it's that i didn't ask you or name you at this time. Hey, i didn't even know it was you who made it before you yell at me.

You STILL don't get it.

Can you take an artists song, change it at all upload it for others? Hell no.

Can you take a piece of art and change it a bit and share it? Hell no.

Can you take an image off google not designated royalty free and use it? Hell no

It's reasons like this people don't share and I am stopping. 

22 hours ago, THX said:

My only concern is how will it be handled people selling other peoples builds - intellectual property in short.. In worlds with economies there are safeguards and it is a bannable offense. They have staff who investigate claims. There are those for instance, who have taken my builds, added a few things and now claim to be creations of their own 'by xxx.' 

To be clear I personally don't think you should share some ones work if they are against it. with that clear

You can change ten percent of any patent, then re patent it as yours. It would be easy to simple change ten percent of any room. That is real world business. 

1 hour ago, THX said:

You STILL don't get it.

Can you take an artists song, change it at all upload it for others? Hell no.

Can you take a piece of art and change it a bit and share it? Hell no.

Can you take an image off google not designated royalty free and use it? Hell no

It's reasons like this people don't share and I am stopping. 

Well, huge amount of 3dx players, maybe even majority, using 2d/3d art they did not make themselves or did not commissioned, or photos of other people. You seem to be smart enough to understand the risk of sharing your work in such an environment. 

And btw I am not trying to take a moral high ground here. I myself part of this "problem". I am using an art for which I did not pay or even ask to use it. 

14 minutes ago, Xizl said:

Well, huge amount of 3dx players, maybe even majority, using 2d/3d art they did not make themselves or did not commissioned, or photos of other people. You seem to be smart enough to understand the risk of sharing your work in such an environment. 

And btw I am not trying to take a moral high ground here. I myself part of this "problem". I am using an art for which I did not pay or even ask to use it. 

Yes, me/us too.  We were always grateful and publicly and privately (thanking everyone in a pm message for each piece that went into our rooms) appreciated the artist/builder and never called it our own.  But we did take advantage of the generosity and kindness of those far more talented than us when they posted their works on the forum for free.  We hope to continue this practice.  If not we will use the rooms we already have in storage and go to those on the left.  As great as some of the rooms are on 3DX we never stayed in a room because it was nice. We stayed in a room because of the people in that room. 

In regards to your earlier comment about the 'word' rape having no impact on you.  Oh how I wish for the days when it was just a word to me as well. But other than the word alone, it was seeing the number of people who took it as lightly as you seem to have.  Your choice of course.  But I have a similar response of disgust when I look at how many in my country support a man of such dedicated hate.  It is all rather discouraging as it is quite the snapshot of what our world has been reduced to and are willing to accept because it does not impact us personally.  I have to wonder where we draw the line but I know we have hashed that subject to death and nothing is going to change it.  Someday you will want support over something that tears at your spirit and I pray I have the strength to stand with you in your efforts instead of just saying 'well too bad because it does not bother me in the least.'

3 hours ago, SusanLouisa said:

In regards to your earlier comment about the 'word' rape having no impact on you.  Oh how I wish for the days when it was just a word to me as well. But other than the word alone, it was seeing the number of people who took it as lightly as you seem to have.  Your choice of course.  But I have a similar response of disgust when I look at how many in my country support a man of such dedicated hate.  It is all rather discouraging as it is quite the snapshot of what our world has been reduced to and are willing to accept because it does not impact us personally.  I have to wonder where we draw the line but I know we have hashed that subject to death and nothing is going to change it.  Someday you will want support over something that tears at your spirit and I pray I have the strength to stand with you in your efforts instead of just saying 'well too bad because it does not bother me in the least.'

I am not willing to accept rape.

Indeed, I am not bothered by the word "rape" in the name of the room in online game. Because I know that no one there are really getting raped or going to be raped. You can't rape people in 3dxchat. What people (well, some of them at least) in such rooms do is rape/forced sex themed RP. Yeah, maybe it's absolutely disgusting for you, but you have to admit that it's not a rape. Consensual roleplay in online game simply can't be a rape. 

If I am willing to accept the fact that people doing such kind of roleplays and not bothered much by a room named like this (even if I admit that it's kinda nasty and straight up distasteful) – it does not mean that I have acceptance towards the rape. I mean a real rape, not a roleplay. I think that rape is absolutely unacceptable and should be punished harshly, no matter the circumstances, no matter the gender/clothes/time of the day/place or any other conditions. It's always the guilt of the rapist and rape can't have any excuses. 

But what happens in game has nothing to do with a real rape. It's just a consensual RP.

Edited by Xizl

Yes, this is a place for fantasies and sex.  With others, consensual sex with others.  With real living, breathing fellow humans that are behind each avatar. Many of who have been touched by rape outside  the confines of the game.  All I want is an understanding that rape is not a fantasy of the victims of rape.  A victim of rape did not engage in sex, let alone consensual sex.  Rape is a form of terrible violence against a fellow human being.  No debate here will change that meaning to us victims of rape. This is what us victims of rape see.  

If this the case, a room on 3dx should not be named rape, because what is happening in that room is consensual and is not rape. All it is doing is reopening the scars of so many us, and saddens at least me, that some take the term so lightly. 

Peace

Edited by JackPine

@SusanLouisa @Xizl and @JackPine

Lets not return to that specific conversation topic. 
At least not in a thread that is not intended for it. 
By this point the positions of everyone on this topic are clear, and no one is changing anyone’s mind. 
All that bringing it back up does is derailing  threads and causing drama yet again. 
Let the convo fade, or find another time and place for it. 
But not here and now.  

7 hours ago, Xizl said:

I am not willing to accept rape.

Indeed, I am not bothered by the word "rape" in the name of the room in online game. Because I know that no one there are really getting raped or going to be raped. You can't rape people in 3dxchat. What people (well, some of them at least) in such rooms do is rape/forced sex themed RP. Yeah, maybe it's absolutely disgusting for you, but you have to admit that it's not a rape. Consensual roleplay in online game simply can't be a rape. 

If I am willing to accept the fact that people doing such kind of roleplays and not bothered much by a room named like this (even if I admit that it's kinda nasty and straight up distasteful) – it does not mean that I have acceptance towards the rape. I mean a real rape, not a roleplay. I think that rape is absolutely unacceptable and should be punished harshly, no matter the circumstances, no matter the gender/clothes/time of the day/place or any other conditions. It's always the guilt of the rapist and rape can't have any excuses. 

But what happens in game has nothing to do with a real rape. It's just a consensual RP.

So if someone created a room and called it child molesting adventures or child rape you would be fine with that to? I doubt you or anyone else would. Yet the same could be said for them to, it is only role play, no children are actually being molested or raped. So my question to you is where is the difference, why is it that one evil is accepted as not acceptable and the other is ok when both are really the same. It is a line you choose to draw, if it involves children then pretty much everyone agrees it can't be allowed. Children are vulnerable and innocent and it is easy to determine the wrong. But so are women who are raped vulnerable and innocent, and that is what needs to be recognised. By recognising that child rape or molestation rooms should not be allowed because you find it wrong and vulgar to even fantasise about it, but then saying it is ok for rape rooms you are then not recognising rape with the same respect. You are not seeing people who fantasise about rape in the same way which means you are not putting enough meaning to what it means to a woman to be raped. The word itself is not what use to have me thinking I shouldn't be playing this game. It was when ever I saw one opened it would always have so many people in that room. That would have me thinking there are far to many people in this game that put far to little to the meaning of rape. Far to many people that have rape fantasies. Seeing that was what use to hurt and have me logging out.

Edited by Twiggy

17 hours ago, Xizl said:

But your missing the point what 'sharing' is. 

If you lent me your truck to go pick up something because I don't have one. Should I lend it to another to use?

If you let me use your beachfront vacation home for a week and I only go for 4 days, should I give it for the last three to someone else without your permission?

To me the concept of sharing is pretty simple here. I build something you may like and you can use it for personal enjoyment.  Hell, take anything I made and add it to your build, mod it, whatever. I am sharing with you. For someone then to take the builds of many and pass them on isn't what sharing is about.

Sadly, the result is less and less sharing and that will continue to grow. In worlds with economies it is up to a banning offense to redistribute. However, things are clear cut. I can sell assets made for redistribution and profit off it.  People are expected to know the difference. I like to share personally. I like to see the enjoyment. 

It's really grade school level concepts.

Edited by THX