3DXChat Community

Patch 422 and buying gold for users

DyllanD

Ok let's me try to explain what my fear is, maybe I am totally wrong on it but this is what worries me:

Until now, there was space for free content and paying content. Some sell rooms, some give them for free. And it worked pretty fine so far.

This new system might be scary for the ones sharing for free till now, as Anaganda said, it is also a pleasure and a satisfaction to build and give, and simply see people happy to use your material. 

With this new system, I feel like this will to share free material , for the simple pleasure of giving, is killed if some people manage to make money with it and therefore people will lose the pleasure of sharing for free.  I am not sure they will move to selling but migh simply stop sharing, or share only with some friends they trust. What would be the result? Less material available for the community.

This might sound now a bit bragging but, all the people sharing on forum, on modz on juicyjina website for a while, or other builders having website...all this kept the community up, all this kept 3dx attractive thanks to a huge variety of places....Giving the opportunity to people who dont build to still create or use world for free and open them is important for 3dx. At least this is my point of view and what I liked so far in 3dx...you could put together a host, a builder, dj's. organizer and create events without too much drama...now suddenly the host becomes favorised...what was a fair system became unfair.

Edited by Torax

14 minutes ago, Torax said:

Ok let's me try to explain what my fear is, maybe I am totally wrong on it but this is what worries me:

Until now, there was space for free content and paying content. Some sell rooms, some give them for free. And it worked pretty fine so far.

This new system might be scary for the ones sharing for free till now, as Anaganda said, it is also a pleasure and a satisfaction to build and give, and simply see people happy to use your material. 

With this new system, I feel like this will to share free material, with everyone for the simple pleasure of giving is killed if some people manage to make money with it and therefore people will lose the pleasure of sharing for free.  I am not sure they will move to selling but migh simply stop sharing, or share only with some friends they trust. What would be the result? Less material available for the community.

This might sound now a bit bragging but, all the people sharing on forum, on modz on juicyjina website for a while, or other builders having website...all this kept the community up, all this kept 3dx attractive thanks to a huge variety of places....Giving the opportunity to people who dont build to still create or use world for free and open them is important for 3dx. At least this is my point of view and what I liked so far in 3dx...you could put together a host, a builder, dj's. organizer and create events without too much drama...now suddenly the host becomes favorised...what was a fair system became unfair.

👍

I am not a builder, but I am impressed by what many of you that are, have created.

I am not a DJ, but have been privy to some really good vibes by a DJ with stellar playlists.  

I am rather new to the game, but what drew me in was a simple upfront payment and the game is available.  Fully.  

My hope is the game could reward those who are contributing to make this a super fun place to explore, but somehow leave this simple payment model as is.  I fear this may be the first step to this game devolving (not evolving) into a game like those others, that personally, I don't care for.

Peace.

Edited by JackPine
Grammar Police Whhhhrrrrrrr!

1 hour ago, Torax said:

With this new system, I feel like this will to share free material , for the simple pleasure of giving, is killed if some people manage to make money with it and therefore people will lose the pleasure of sharing for free.  I am not sure they will move to selling but migh simply stop sharing, or share only with some friends they trust. What would be the result? Less material available for the community.

Being used to worlds with economies, I can safely say there will be those who choose to sell and those who choose to share. Those who choose to share will now share for real. Not because they have no choice, but because they choose too.

My only concern is how will it be handled people selling other peoples builds - intellectual property in short.. In worlds with economies there are safeguards and it is a bannable offense. They have staff who investigate claims. There are those for instance, who have taken my builds, added a few things and now claim to be creations of their own 'by xxx.' 

I don't think this is a bad idea in the least provided there is some protection for builders who share. Which, there should have been from the beginning.

To be quite frank, I like to share, but it pisses the fuck outta me to be fucked over for sharing. I'm sure I'm not the only one to feel this way.

Selling or sharing still has one obstacle to address. Selling won't c create any new problems that didn't already exist.

Edited by THX

14 hours ago, DyllanD said:

Hello @Lisa

How does .... Buy XGold for other players .....Not conflict with what is in your rules ? Because according to your rules if someone asks for gold it's against the rules.
Why did you implement this option ? Can you give us some thoughts behind it ?

2.06. Begging/Soliciting in any form is prohibited in all game chats and channels. Begging/Soliciting includes but is not limited to: requesting users to transfer real money to the virtual wallet, asking for additional credits, and requests to transfer game gold.

Also... it says Donate to the creator. Many rooms are not made by the host. So i think this is wrong.
Then it should be Donate to the host.

All world visitors will see a button that allows donating to the creator of the world:
YOTEcrF.png

Exactly what rule says: No begging/no requesting. It doesn't prohibit you from buying gold for someone on your own initiative. 

9 minutes ago, THX said:

Being used to worlds with economies, I can safely say there will be those who choose to sell and those who choose to share. Those who choose to share will now share for real. Not because they have no choice, but because they choose too.

My only concern is how will it be handled people selling other peoples builds - intellectual property in short.. In worlds with economies there are safeguards and it is a bannable offense. They have staff who investigate claims. There are those for instance, who have taken my builds, added a few things and now claim to be creations of their own 'by xxx.' 

I don't think this is a bad idea in the least provided there is some protection for builders who share. Which, there should have been from the beginning.

To be quite frank, I like to share, but it pisses the fuck outta me to be fucked over for sharing. I'm sure I'm not the only one to feel this way.

Sounds like you are pissed just because there's a financial factor in play now. You didn't care before, did you? I wouldn't worry too much, I don't think there will be many donations going around anyway.

Just now, Selector said:

Sounds like you are pissed just because there's a financial factor in play now. You didn't care before, did you? I wouldn't worry too much, I don't think there will be many donations going around anyway.

What gave you the idea it didn't bother me or others who shared before?

37 minutes ago, Selector said:

Because you shared despite the fact that people could do whatever they wanted with your creations.

Sometimes you wanna believe in the better part of human nature, and you may want to research your assumption as this has been brought up before by many. The only difference now is that profit  can be made now from taking peoples builds apart, putting a Helicopter Joe, made, A city, Tina made and a club sally made in a layout, and selling them as your own. Now their is greater incentive for doing it. I like the idea. The idea services can be tipped is great, but there needs to be a safety mechanism in terms of layout sales or no one will share  shit anymore of significance.

Profit or not, theft of Intellectual Property will have to be addressed and it will increase. It should have been from day 1 when layouts were being stolen left and right and nothing was done about it..

Just because you share doesn't give anyone the right to sell what you shared or claim it as their own. Copyright law is pretty clear on this, and it shouldn't take a rocket scientist or law to understand this.  It's pretty simple.

Edited by THX

Lets look back at this thread in 2 months or so shall we LOL.

Maybe to begin with this system will be refreshing in some ways, rewarding for some, motivating for others but what this injects into the game is a Reward System.

People now will have a reason to expect, feel they deserve, have earned or require a reward for any service they deem should be payable. This spreads to all sections of the game as people are adaptable and will creatively find ways to use a system that benefits them.

Donating is of course up to the individual as it stands right now but including a kick/ban feature to all rooms now introduces a penalty system that any host can use for what ever reason they choose. A Reward System couples with a Penalty System, let your mind think on this for a minute or two.

The game thus far has been one of pure donation, people who build and share, those who give their time to DJ for Free, those who organize events, for free, those that offer their time for free, those people who give Sex for free, those Hosts that host for free, the ability to enter any room for free. The Game as it stood was free apart from your Subscription and even then people expected a level of service for the money they paid.

Introducing a Pay Me System is going to change the game. Its going to change peoples attitudes, their intentions, their generosity, and their view on what is now a payable service and the opportunities that open themselves up and can be created to make "Money".

Is this a shift now on what will motivate people to play this game? It could be, throw a bucket of money into a room and watch the crowd go crazy to get as much as they can and disregard anyone else as they make profit.

This opens up Business into the Game.

The probability people could organize a corporate style system, Pay to join a group, pay to be promoted, pay to play, pay to enter, pay for sex, pay to troll and if you dont pay then the penalties could be a real thing. People can now organize groups, events, anything you can imagine for a price and it only takes one to kick off a trend because people imitate and if they see or hear of others making money then that now becomes the standard of success in the Game.

You are opening a can of worms with this,  but you already know this so we shall look back in 2 months or maybe more and see where the game, peoples levels of game satisfaction, happiness and peace are and whether or not this decision does in fact change this game for the worse, time will tell.

This is going to severely increase the number of fake DJs. And by fake DJs I mean, those who download full 60 min mixes from professional DJs on YouTube and then claim them as their own for an event. There are already tons of people doing this and I fear this change will make it worse. There's going to be a huge influx of people wanting to get in on the action and the music theft on youtube will reach an all time high. 

Yes, now money will be a motivator, and we all know what people will do to make it, 3DX get prepared.

It would be a good idea to take a DJ Test, like what is required if you want to be an Official DJ that is allowed to play the 3DX Rooms.

Lussian would give you a test and see if in fact you were really DJing as anyone with your stream link can see if you are in fact playing individual Tracks (songs) or a pre made mix, this would then allow you to add official DJ or Real DJ to your Profile and those that like to just play a Radio Stream in their room can openly admit thats all it is and not take credit or now "Donations" for a DJ that doesnt even exist in their room. 

Edited by Alliehotass

I wouldn't worry about "fake DJ's." That's never been a problem in worlds with economies I know of.  Do you really want to go down the 'proof' route? Someone may come back with "prove you have a license to to play the music or mix the music that you do."

Usually, you hire a DJ because of their following they have or ability to entertain to make your club a draw.  The best DJ'S  talk on open mike.  The best DJ's I've heard often DJ as a team at times like a talk show. 

Going rate in paid worlds is about 3-5 bucks an hour. . Hire a spammer or two at about 2 bucks an hour, and a dance team for about 10 bucks an hour. 

All that is good imo.  If you can make something in game to offset the costs all the better. 

Edited by THX

Hmmm... I'm not for the option to have to pay for room (yes i say pay) because, even if for now it's called "donation" and as it mean real money will be involved, there will always be peoples who will "tweak" this rule and find a way to get a lot of money this way. 

Lets hope devs will remove this once they will add the possibility to tip peoples with xGold (and i don't speak of the "buy xGold for others players" here)

5 hours ago, Selector said:

5 hours ago, THX said:

What gave you the idea it didn't bother me or others who shared before?

I can confirm that it was bothering him. When i modified his game sexpot to have a lesbian version, he yelled at me for one full week untill i cancel the idea to play "my" lesbian version of it lol

Since then, i don't download or play his games, so don't say he wasn't bothered :D

Edited by Leeloo

It would bother me, too. I was thinking about releasing our New York City room for free on Modz or 3DXshare, but now I probably won't.
I don't have problems with sharing my stuff with others, but I have problems with others now having the chance to make money with (part of) my builds that were intended to be free.

5 hours ago, Alliehotass said:

Yes, now money will be a motivator, and we all know what people will do to make it, 3DX get prepared.

It would be a good idea to take a DJ Test, like what is required if you want to be an Official DJ that is allowed to play the 3DX Rooms.

Lussian would give you a test and see if in fact you were really DJing as anyone with your stream link can see if you are in fact playing individual Tracks (songs) or a pre made mix, this would then allow you to add official DJ or Real DJ to your Profile and those that like to just play a Radio Stream in their room can openly admit thats all it is and not take credit or now "Donations" for a DJ that doesnt even exist in their room. 

I don't need this, when i play my playlist in my room or my wife's room, i call myself a "2 cent DJ" 😹

Personally, before being in 3DX, i was in Achat. I left it for 3DX because graphics was best and because of the "pay your fee and have the full game and it's contents for free". If it move, after this donation step, to another level where we need to buy the rooms, this game run directly to it's end.

9 hours ago, Aliviax said:

Also Patreon isnt begging lol its a world wide platform for artist to showcase their work and get paid patreon is a job instead seel ur creation in a website u sell it on that platform can be podcast educational videos animations u name it even games are hosted on patreon im sure u know that lil Anaganda :) haha wild life earning 80 k per month is a patreon game ...do they beg ? lol please they offer a service 

lol.... sorry Ali,  but here we disagree completely... Patreon is a platform for begging!
Donating is giving charity, it's not paying an amount of money for a service provided.
Patreon is a platform where someone who knows that their service or their product isn't worth selling, but they put it there and ask for "Charity" from people with good will.
good digital artists have deviant profile and twitter profile where they put clear and solid asking price for their work and service, not donation. (like you did with your blog spot at first until jealous people pressured you to change it into donate)

And yeah Wildlife Devs beg...

Edited by Anaganda
adding super cool snazzy colors!

28 minutes ago, Anaganda said:

lol.... sorry Ali,  but here we disagree completely... Patreon is a platform for begging!
Donating is giving charity, it's not paying an amount of money for a service provided.
Patreon is a platform where someone who knows that their service or their product isn't worth selling, but they put it there and ask for "Charity" from people with good will.
good digital artists have deviant profile and twitter profile where they put clear and solid asking price for their work and service, not donation. (like you did with your blog spot at first until jealous people pressured you to change it into donate)

you got it all wrong lol patreon isnt working with donations ....patreon is working with fixed prices ^^  you set a tier for a service and u make a fixed price for that tier ..

patreon platform created in mind to help artists from all genres to be able to make their work live ..

NSFW adult creators have issues to be able to find a pay proccesor for their  work  (example lets say u make sex related stuff to be able to sell them you would need to create a site that would cost many thousands of euro to be able to upload there ur videos as you would need a tremendous bandwidth and space  you would need a paid processor also ) 

Patreon made this very easy without the need to spend thousands of dollars in a website ...it gave you the platform u need to do just that without spend  and be able to show case ur work ) 

in a sense its a platform  to get you started and get you known for ur work with 0 investment in creating sites etc

last but not least my blog isnt working with donations lol premade stuff (non exclusive rooms there ) have a fixed price and a buy now button :) 

The donation button i have is for whoever wants to donate and guess what people do not donate hahah only buy  for custom made exclusive rooms that arent located on my blog  cause they are exclusive and go only to the requester they pay me via email 

1 hour ago, Anaganda said:

There are a lot of great artists on patreon. It doesn't mean that I support lattest changes in the game lol. 

11 minutes ago, Aliviax said:

you got it all wrong lol patreon isnt working with donations ....patreon is working with fixed prices ^^  you set a tier for a service and u make a fixed price for that tier ..

patreon platform created in mind to help artists from all genres to be able to make their work live ..

NSFW adult creators have issues to be able to find a pay proccesor for their  work  (example lets say u make sex related stuff to be able to sell them you would need to create a site that would cost many thousands of euro to be able to upload there ur videos as you would need a tremendous bandwidth and space  you would need a paid processor also ) 

Patreon made this very easy without the need to spend thousands of dollars in a website ...it gave you the platform u need to do just that without spend  and be able to show case ur work ) 

in a sense its a platform  to get you started and get you known for ur work with 0 investment in creating sites etc

last but not least my blog isnt working with donations lol premade stuff (non exclusive rooms there ) have a fixed price and a buy now button :) 

The donation button i have is for whoever wants to donate and guess what people do not donate hahah only buy  for custom made exclusive rooms that arent located on my blog  cause they are exclusive and go only to the requester they pay me via email 

About your blog, yeah I know all that... I am saying that in my eyes, that is how good artists make money... just minus the donate part ;)

As for Patreon... Okay, dear... I am not wrong though... I know that what I am saying is right... and I know that you think that what you are saying is right.
I also don't have the inner need to convince you of my opinion and I am sure you feel the same as well.
So let's agree to disagree and accept that there can be different opinions.. and leave it be

1 minute ago, Xizl said:

There are a lot of great artists on patreon. It doesn't mean that I support lattest changes in the game lol. 

I didn't say that there is not... but in the end it's a stepping stone platform... and I think there's no argument about the fact that the word -donation- means giving something for charity out of the kindness of one's heart, not paying a fair price for a product.