3DXChat Community

Patch 422 and buying gold for users

DyllanD

Hello @Lisa

How does .... Buy XGold for other players .....Not conflict with what is in your rules ? Because according to your rules if someone asks for gold it's against the rules.
Why did you implement this option ? Can you give us some thoughts behind it ?

2.06. Begging/Soliciting in any form is prohibited in all game chats and channels. Begging/Soliciting includes but is not limited to: requesting users to transfer real money to the virtual wallet, asking for additional credits, and requests to transfer game gold.

Also... it says Donate to the creator. Many rooms are not made by the host. So i think this is wrong.
Then it should be Donate to the host.

All world visitors will see a button that allows donating to the creator of the world:
YOTEcrF.png

Edited by DyllanD

They surely meant host (as mentionned on the update post) .... just bad translation in game I guess

If it was only gold transfer but no... its buy gold for others, patreon and real money transfer... just what this game was missing... good luck lol 🤦‍♀️

Edited by Shanti

"Donate to the host" sounds better. The idea is about to support hosts of User World (builders, DJs, party makers, event hosts). Now players are able to support any host on patreon if they like. But this is not Begging/Soliciting. I see no conflicts with the rules.

We are considering adding xgold transfers in the upcoming updates.

15 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

"Donate to the host" sounds better. The idea is about to support hosts of User World (builders, DJs, party makers, event hosts). Now players are able to support any host on patreon if they like. But this is not Begging/Soliciting. I see no conflicts with the rules.

I think you do it wrong...if you want to support builders, party makers, dj and so on...you should have this option to donate on profile not in the room. Why?

Half if not more of the hosts in 3dx do absolutely nothing but click on the share room button, playing a free radio and using free content. How do you expect people who really dj or build or really organize parties to be supported? Player X host the room built by Player Y, Dj's are players A B C D, using a poster made by player Z...who get the support? Only player X...

If you like a Dj you should be able to support directly the Dj, same with builder, or party or host as you say, but not only the host.

Edited by Torax

Torax, you do have the option on profile too as well. You can donate to the host or buy XGold to any player you want to give XGold to.

Not sure how that or the donate button work because I only logged in briefly, but the option is there.

15 minutes ago, Zoë said:

Torax, you do have the option on profile too as well. You can donate to the host or buy XGold to any player you want to give XGold to.

Not sure how that or the donate button work because I only logged in briefly, but the option is there.

I think you mix things...the donate button is link to a patreon, and this is about donate real money to someone, not simply buying xgold, it is totally 2 different things.

there will be lot of free shared room with patreon link, not good for real builder.

xgold transfert we all know why is not implemented, if all ppl can transfert ppl doing party opening will never buy xgold they will sharing between all member + alt account of the groupe to the host when you have many member with " xx xxx " xGold  accumulate by daily logging gizmo can still wait for them to buy xgold. transfert will kill xgold buying except ppl wanting lot amount of gallery slot unlocked maybe. then the game will only earn money by sub well with the new referral system not hard getting lifetime sub so .. xgold transfert only good to player not spend more money on the game that all.

and think that the bump system for room should be update more, with the fact now all can bump will be a spamming of UP and not really a promote. should be something " someone UP room the room is locked at the top for X time and no other room can be promote till the cooldown is reached. ( then having 2-3 room possibly on promote ) then these room can't be promote for X time. think it's the best way to make the promote thing.

Edited by lMAXl

Also sex might now cost you guys real money, ah can see many girls opening rooms with a patreon donation button and require a donation befo sexxins LOLOLOL, bye bye free sexxins 😋

Pimps could now open a room with patreon and have girls working for donations, altho all donations goto pimp/host and girls get a percentage paid to them from pimp, girls can open a room and be paid via that.

When Hosts get tha kick/ban feature they could charge an admission fee, popular rooms could ask fo an entrance fee or you get kicked/banned.

Game is gonna change.

Edited by Alliehotass

you will only share ur creations on patreon only ur patrosn will be able to get links for download so no issue 

here a example of mine i do 3d sex animations on patreon only my patrosn get a download link for what i create 

thats a good step developers did cause now u will be able IF YOU WANT yes with caps If you want to the dj the host the builder on whoever you want 

Its a free choice everyone can make ofcourse ur free to not donate to anyone lol Its your choice 

these new features will Allow many new players many new 3d designers many new djs to join game  and make the game better 

who knows many will be able to make even poses for 3dxchat and various content depending how experience they are also 

already advertizments of those new features on twitter have skyrocket click wise ❤️ for the game 

many loved those new features gizmo gave and they are advertizing it on various social media 

Edited by Aliviax

I honestly would of loved the "Link option" to be on profiles rather than a link to opened rooms, that's just ridiculous in my opinion, for example I run a patreon for quite a while about photography and 3D modding designs, do I really need to advertise a sex room and have my link up there in hope for someone to actually notice me or consider donating as a support, not to mention patreon? It makes no sense making that for the opened rooms, except only to make people spend their xgold and have a war of bumping their rooms on top of the list and just making people consider buying xgold to do so, still I would of loved that to be a Profile thing, to have your link to your patreon/social media, or whatever you happen to use so people know you better or even consider donating for you, if they like your content.

But right now this will be just a mess.

3 hours ago, Gizmo said:

Giz I wonder if arrangements have been made for reporting this real money donations with the IRS?  On IMVU as long as designers and meshers were collecting their royalty in game credits they were not required to involve the IRS.  Once the IRS got wind of gamers 'cashing out' they were required to send notification to the IRS.  This all got rather messy with IMVU having to pay fines and gamers leaving shop after having been spoiled with tax free incomes.  

43 minutes ago, Aliviax said:

these new features will Allow many new players many new 3d designers many new djs to join game  and make the game better 

Were they blocked from purchasing a subscription? All this does is ask to pay to join a room or demand payment to DJ.  As many won't pay I don't see how this allows anything other than attract the attention of the IRS and hackers.

This honestly feels like shooting their own feet with a bullet, if they implement kicking and banning from rooms it will be another IMVU, you want to stay? pay or donate, xgold or donation to patreon, you can't? you already paid your subscription? no one cares get out, this is how IMVU became at some point, even though IMVU was free to play.

4 hours ago, Gizmo said:

If I want to play RLC or Second Life, I will play RLC and Second Life. If I play 3DXChat, it is for some reason, one of them is ; I pay my sub and all is included. 

Question; How can you be sure that you are not endorsing prostitution with real money?

I gonna black list each room with the link to a Patreon

/me smirks

27 minutes ago, SusanLouisa said:

Were they blocked from purchasing a subscription? All this does is ask to pay to join a room or demand payment to DJ.  As many won't pay I don't see how this allows anything other than attract the attention of the IRS and hackers.

no no lol u got it all wrong  what they did is adding a feature in case u want to donate to someone either cause u like the room the dj or whatever  you can also use ur xgold to top the room of ur friend .

Its very simple u want to donate for something you like ? then ur free to do so u dont wont its ok lol  ur choice and everyones choice 

1 minute ago, MeiLing said:

If I want to play RLC or Second Life, I will play RLC and Second Life. If I play 3DXChat, it is for some reason, one of them is ; I pay my sub and all is included. 

Question; How can you be sure that you are not endorsing prostitution with real money?

I gonna black list each room with the link to a Patreon

/me smirks

you miss the most important factor ...and that is IF you want u donate to ur friend either cause they play good music either cause u enjoy the room that simple  ..nothing is changing 

if you dont want to donate u simply do not click that button :) 

You have complete and absolute freedom to not donate  it doesnt change the fact of ur subscription in any way lol 

Mei ling i get it u dont like it and thats ok  u dont have to use it :) 

2 hours ago, Alliehotass said:

So if someone steals a room from the actual builder, (if this is still possible), they can not only open it but also get money from people donating to their patreon?

The possibility of stealing rooms is fixed when the server  moved to other server. News about that was in the change log. You can't steal now.

Just now, Redji said:

The possibility of stealing rooms is fixed when the server  moved to other server. News about that was in the change log. You can't steal now.

This is fixed indeed but again...what about someone using a room and taking credit for it and getting donation?  As it looks like now, this system might kill free sharing soon. Same question for a dj, i want to support a dj but he is not the host, how will I do it? This system is only for the host...and most of the time the host dont do much...

The donation system is built in to support everyone, it is not aimed at supporting the builders only. If someone opens a room, and a lot of people come there all the time, people like the music, the atmosphere, it is possible to support the host now. 

2 minutes ago, Redji said:

I never did understand how a room -could- be stolen anyhow.
if it's fixed now, could someone explain what it actually entailed?