3DXChat Community

A large mmoRP world/ combined all official rooms into one big room?

Lunarelf

I think that's all I want to say in the topic: maybe it's a good idea to turn the official rooms which not very much people in it to a big rp city with multiple clubs/stores/streets or other buildings will be a great idea? such like red-light center or a 3d version of MNFclub?

btw...I'm actually planning to make a big cyberpunk themed rp room for people to chatting, rping, playing games(catch&fuck maze of course!)...or even "buy"(book...... not rmt or vmt tho) a decorateble house in the map! (how to achieve that is a secret;) ), and I'll start after server is completely fixed. If I'm doing it...will anyone join& help me?"

07fedf9496f9933bd6eb59ee05115e8b.gif

Would really love that too, feels kinda frustrating at times building rooms for RP with many hamstrings you often face, with furniture, windows, doors and other assets often being irregular down prioritised part of 3dxchat. Don't get me wrong we gotten a lot of awesome things like textures some of us been asking for and more furnitures since release, but it's still a builders nightmare to built any big projects since you still need to build most it from scratch, without ability to use that many premade assets to lower the workload. Of cause some are going to completely love that and others like myself mostly end doing it out of need for it or lack of options since I never really wanted to spend large amount of my time building stuff in editor.

So would honestly love see more RP rooms around or even developers kinda making actual public zoned room with many those options inside. Shame we don't really have options to do different races or shadowrun adult room be fun too, now that we have roll so you couldn't technically play like a RPG game there.

Edited by KimmyFox

8 hours ago, KimmyFox said:

Would really love that too, feels kinda frustrating at times building rooms for RP with many hamstrings you often face, with furniture, windows, doors and other assets often being irregular down prioritised part of 3dxchat. Don't get me wrong we gotten a lot of awesome things like textures some of us been asking for and more furnitures since release, but it's still a builders nightmare to built any big projects since you still need to build most it from scratch, without ability to use that many premade assets to lower the workload. Of cause some are going to completely love that and others like myself mostly end doing it out of need for it or lack of options since I never really wanted to spend large amount of my time building stuff in editor.

So would honestly love see more RP rooms around or even developers kinda making actual public zoned room with many those options inside. Shame we don't really have options to do different races or shadowrun adult room be fun too, now that we have roll so you couldn't technically play like a RPG game there.

I thought about that, and that's why I'm trying to find someone help me here------ group work is always better than work by only 1 builder. someone could build the room shells/surface, someone could coordinating the fog/weather effects in the room, and others could focus on some little stuffs such like furniture, designs, or maybe be a npc of the city. Unfortunately:it do need tons of people to achieve that, even we don't really need to make it like an classic rpg with battles, but making a lot of high-quality objects and put them in a big room wouldn't be a small work, and that's why I'm trying to find someone wanna join and help me here

I think one of the main problems with big rooms is a very little amount of premade furniture in world editor. Yes, we can share and download objects, but if we talk not about some house or club, but about a whole district or other huge RP room – it's getting very heavy weight and demanding for PC resources. 

5 hours ago, Xizl said:

I think one of the main problems with big rooms is a very little amount of premade furniture in world editor. Yes, we can share and download objects, but if we talk not about some house or club, but about a whole district or other huge RP room – it's getting very heavy weight and demanding for PC resources. 

That was what I been trying to say above, that without a little more content in terms of premade items for world editor. Building something close to big room will hit between 1-2mb roughly or more, it's very hard to create something really aesthetic within a very load friendly frame, with current amount of items we have to work with. Since most things from furniture or building components for most part have to be build from ground up. Not saying it isn't possible just that if you want a lot of possibilities in terms of interactivity between players and environment, it's going to be really pressed to make it low in size. At least if you want it to really have appealing natural and atmosphere to it, hopefully developers will give us more premade items ranging from furniture, kitchen or bathroom and lights.. etc. Really wish they would just buy packs from unity shops and integrate into world editor, seem to be quite a lot of assets there at reasonable price at least for some of it.