3DXChat Community

Slutmoore: Xtra Credit (College RP)

OzmaAsimov

219958659_SlutmoreXtraCredit_banner.thumb.png.55499ce9d68a4330405d388d66c7deb2.png

I’m happy to announce the opening of Slutmoore: Xtra Credit (a.k.a. SXC). As many know, KimmyFox (aka TashaTight) has chosen to stop hosting her excellent Slutmoore High School, and was gracious enough to make it and its sister world, Slutdale, available for public download. We’re forever grateful for everything she did and the many, many hours of RP her hard work provided us. It is our hope that we can carry that torch forward and honor the spirit of what she started.

Slutmoore: Xtra Credit builds on what came before it. The original map has been modified and expanded (hence, something “Xtra”). Most importantly, we are building a community of roleplayers around this particular iteration of Slutmoore, with a dedicated school faculty to provide consistency and planned class sessions.

EDIT: As mentioned in a post below, SXC has gone through a big change! We are no longer a high school, but have shifted to a college format! The community was nearly universal in its desire for this change, and we feel this will make the school much more accessible and open to new RP possibilities.

If you are interested in playing staff on SXC, join our Discord (see below) and fill out an application! We have many positions we are looking to fill.

Setting Overview

Slutmoore: Xtra Credit is an RP Room. While we expect OOC shenanigans to occur, we expect the focus to be on high school roleplay. This Slutmoore is distinct from other Slutmoore rooms. The map has been customized, and we are nurturing a community around that map. While we absolutely welcome players from other Slutmoore rooms and fully encourage others to use KimmyFox’s map, we do not consider any RP that goes on in those maps to be "canon" in ours (excepting that which occurred on the original Slutmoore).

Slutmoore is a small college, converted from what was previously a private high school. It is run by a mysterious (and powerful, if one believes the conspiracy theorists) Board of Governors that seem to prefer anonymity, communicating only with their chosen Headmaster.

The school itself is renowned for academic excellence, with a long list of prestigious alumni. It also has a more quietly whispered reputation for some rather unorthodox goings-on within its walls; allegedly lewd relations between staff and students, and rampant sexual activity among the student body, even during its high school days. But somehow any evidence of these events, if they happened at all, never manages to surface in the press or with any government agencies.

Some students live on campus in the dorms or the larger Swallow Hall, others live nearby and come to school each day. When it comes to actual living space, we practice suspension of disbelief, as there are only 12 beds available, and there are surely more than 12 students living on campus.

Slutmore Xtra Credit_03.png

Slutmore Xtra Credit_05.png

Slutmore Xtra Credit_09.png

Slutmore Xtra Credit_11.png

Slutmore Xtra Credit_01.png

Edited by OzmaAsimov

2 hours ago, KimmyFox said:

Gotta say the iterated version looks much better than anything I could come up with in my head, just worry you will get same problem I had with getting teachers to teach. If you're planning to only allow teachers based on RP or discord hiring, but hope to be proven wrong. Great work there 😉

It's a little risky, I know. But that's why we're pushing hard to build a community. I'm modeling it a lot on what I've seen done with the 69th Precinct map. Thank you for the praise, KimmyFox. It means the world to me. I very much want to honor what you created and I hope I can do it justice.

just an idea but to keep the numbers of visitors high it would be good to keep it open 24/7 and if there is a fix schedule for events, you might put those maybe on a board near the entrance so that ocassional visitors can notice when the next one starts. but yea, just my 2 cents :P. the pictures look great by the way

• 2 weeks later...

Big ups to the faculty at Slutmoore!  The room is open a lot and the students and teachers are a playful bunch when something is going on.  Ms. Frost is super diligent about opening the room a lot, it's always worth a peek in.

I would ask anyone interested to at least say hi in local when you come in.  Sometimes the room is quiet for a long time, but as soon as anyone says hi, more than a few people join in.

Anyway, thanks for doing this project, I know we are all busting with school spirit, and if we all just knuckle down and put our best foot forward, this year we'll make it to State Finals!!! WOOOO!!!!

-Jelly

1 hour ago, Chikan said:

I wish that someone there was actually RP'ing...

Probably happens in group chat or PMs sometimes and not always in Local, But I dunno but if there is many in room using PMs or Groups usually easier given there is no proximity chat range or extra channels aside from those. To help keep track of what is happening, but just a guess.

🇫🇷 Bonsoir,

J'ai eut l'occasion, de passer visiter la semaine dernière et c'est un endroit, vraiment très joli. Très bien fait. J'ai trouvé, que tout était vraiment bien pensé.
Cela se prête bien à du RP scolaire. J'ai échangé avec la Headmaster, c'est une personne charmante et très gentille, très investi dans son rôle.
Dans mon RP, si j'avais des enfants, ils seraient inscrits dans cette école.😀😉 Le programme est très bien.👍

Bonne chance pour votre room et votre RP. J'espère que vous aurez du monde et que cela va bien marcher. C'est super. 🙂

🇬🇧 Good evening,

I had the opportunity to visit last week and it is a place, really very pretty. Very well done. I found everything to be really well thought out.
This lends itself well to school PR. I spoke with the Headmaster, she is a charming and very kind person, very invested in her role.
In my RP, if I had children, they would be enrolled in this school. 😀😉 The program is very good.👍

Good luck with your room and your RP. Hope you have a lot of people and that it will work out well That's great. 🙂

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/7/2020 at 1:06 PM, IKushiel said:

how is it going? when i visited the school i noticed the rp-community there is pretty uhm "futa focused" ^^?

Hey everyone, I wanted to comment on IKushiel's comment.  I have only been going to Slutmoore for a few weeks and I have seen very few Futa players.  As far as I know, they are very welcome, but I haven't seen many.  The school is however, very trans and gender non-conformist friendly.  It's a shared fiction, and there's no bar against playing a gender you aren't, or a gender expression you are.  If you identify as trans or gender non-conforming, you will find no more supportive sisters, brothers, and allies than in this group.

That said, the family at Slutmoore is really building the best long term, shared-universe role-play possible.  It's a wonderful group of people with an active discord (Link on the in-game bulletin board) and a great sense of fun and friendship.

-Jelly

"All the world's a stage,  and all the men and women merely players; They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts..." - From Shakespeare's "Much Ado About Nothing."

"All the girls are of age, and all the men around are studs and players; they have their exits and their entrances, and one man in his time plays with many parts..." From the Slutmoore High Adaptation of "Much Ado About Nothing."

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sadly, there was some drama, it's true. A very toxic person who had a long and documented history of bullying and harassing people, to the point of pushing several into silence for fear of incurring their barbs and at least one right out of our community, was finally asked to leave after being given numerous chances to change their ways. Some people didn't like that, a few of them being pretty toxic themselves, so I can't say I miss them much. If protecting our community from a proven bully makes me authoritarian, I guess I'll wear that badge with pride.

But the drama is over. The bully and their sycophants are gone. Things are settling down. You can listen to Xaero's bitter words, or you can come see the compassionate and warm people that chose to remain and restore our community to the welcoming and inclusive place it was always meant to be, and make your own judgement. We're on the verge of some big changes to our theme that will make SXC much more accessible and even more open and inclusive than ever before. I'll make an announcement about that soon with better specifics.

Yes, the players of this community are great! They're welcoming and supportive of one another. They appreciate our room rules, which include such terribly strict notions as "Be Civil" and "No Harassment". They enjoy having a place where they can feel safe from predators, colders, bullies, and trolls; where the rooms admins actively take a stand against those people.

I won't engage further with this person's salty attempts to undermine a community of good people just trying to have fun with each other. As I suggested before: I assume anyone reading this has a mind of your own and can make your own judgements. If you like immersive RP and think a school environment would be fun, this could be the place for you. I encourage you to come check it out and decide for yourself.

As promised, an announcement! Very soon, Slutmoore: Xtra Credit will be making a big change. Those of you RPing in the Vice City room may already have a notion about this, due to the highway sign there. Slutmoore High School is soon going to become Slutmoore College. The high school theme has always presented certain challenges and limitations. By shifting to a college format, students will no longer need to be strictly 18-year-olds, but characters of any age will be welcome. It also opens the campus more to non-students and non-staff to be present without seeming so out of place.

To account for this change within the RP, a kind of "soft retcon" is being implemented in a way that won't actually disrupt any current RP. In brief, Slutmoore High School has been slowly transitioning to a college the entire school year, instituting some college-level courses, and even enrolling some older students on an experimental basis (allowing players who have always wished for their characters to be older to quietly retcon that in). This allows continuity to remain intact with minimal impact.

We are presently making some big updates to the map to prepare for the new college format, and I expect to be launching within the next week or two. Stay tuned!

Here are some teases of what's to cum...er...come!

Slutmoore College_teaser_02.png

Slutmoore College_teaser_01.png

Slutmoore College_teaser_03.png

Slutmoore College_teaser_04.png

Slutmoore College_teaser_05.png

Slutmoore College_teaser_06.png

Edited by Amaira
Typo fix, clarifying language.

• 1 month later...

I been asked for my blessing and permission to add patreon donation link to Slutmoore: Xtra credit college hosted room, from what I understand with intend to do promotions of the room in various forms? While it's a modified version of my original closed down slutmoore highschool that has now been publicly shared, I personally think room in its current iteration has already received so lots of work, changes and love in forms of new layouts and added extra facilities inside. That I don't see any problem with it or giving my blessing forward doing that all the while do appreciate that I was asked nevertheless 😃

So just wanted to post that here to avoid any potential confusions about if she has my blessings or permission to do so.

Edited by TashaTight

• 1 month later...

It's been a fantastic run, but I'm sad to say that SXC has closed its doors...at least for now. This isn't necessarily goodbye forever; it's just no longer feasible to keep the room active 24/7. We are still a Vice City RP partner and may still open the college for occasional special events or a weekend now and then, but it won't be a constant presence.

Our Discord server remains as active as ever. As always it is a community of wonderful people and a safe haven for everyone respects our rules and the dignity of others. Participation in our room has never been a requirement to be a part of our Discord community, and that hasn't changed. Feel free to drop in and meet some great fellow 3DX players, talk about your own room projects or find others' projects, talk about nerdy stuff, post art and funny memes, share your music interests, or just hang out with some fun people.

Edited by OzmaAsimov