3DXChat Community

Update in July??

Angelqueen

Even tho they said the server updates didnt had anything to do with content updates, im kinda sure that the waiting has to do with some money strategy aswell, as they gave away some days of playtime, i think they will wait for that "free time" to end, so people need to renew their membership

Edited by alex9110

The hair and poses probably didn't get finished yet I am guessing, but who knows maybe some staff who wasn't working on servers may be taking a short vacation too. Is that time of the year.

Sorry moderation of user world, forgot they added the hair and poses mentioned.

Edited by KimmyFox

Keep in mind it is being updated, you just don't see it. Unlike older worlds that required a patch being pushed on everyone to install for nearly any change, in newer engines like Unity, they can do hotfixes for many things.

I understand 'update' really means 'more content' though in this thread.  Just thought I'd point out to those who don't know about hotfixes.

I reckon whatever schedule they had for updates (Which we never got a roadmap for) went out the window with the damage the DDOS stuff did.
Communication from the Devs to the Customers hasn't been very good at the best of times.
It feels they are trying their best, but we don't really see or hear anything about that.

All we can do is be patient and see what happens.

On 7/26/2020 at 8:21 PM, Derai said:

I reckon whatever schedule they had for updates (Which we never got a roadmap for) went out the window with the damage the DDOS stuff did.
Communication from the Devs to the Customers hasn't been very good at the best of times.
It feels they are trying their best, but we don't really see or hear anything about that.

All we can do is be patient and see what happens.

Doubt it Lisa said in News thread

Myth: Developers make new media content instead of fixing the bugs!
- This is not true. The creation of the content involves the artists and animators only. They are not related to the programming department.

So the creation of animation and content like hair etc.. would have nothing to do with the at time un going DDos attack, so they should still be able to patch out those things. As for bug fixes that may been influenced by developers need to address the DDos attack issues plus implementation of news servers to combat it.

On 7/26/2020 at 8:16 PM, THX said:

Keep in mind it is being updated, you just don't see it. Unlike older worlds that required a patch being pushed on everyone to install for nearly any change, in newer engines like Unity, they can do hotfixes for many things.

I understand 'update' really means 'more content' though in this thread.  Just thought I'd point out to those who don't know about hotfixes.

We pay not just play with a simple online game.. but more content to! You know... keep our attention on ;)

whmm what example should i give so people can understand the difference in some stuff ....

ok we have on 1 hand the server and on the other hand the updates content wise 

So we have different jobs  we have the server tecks/programers whatever u call them and we have the animators for poses etc 

So its easy to understand that those 2 jobs are totaly different and can work seperatly 

So while ppl working on server some other work on updates ...but ...but ....where are they ? 

a student in animation  creates 1 animation per day and not the short 200 max frames 3dxchat has we talk about animations 4 times larger with way more compex rigs plus scenes ..so knowing this u must wonder where are the poses ... when a student makes arround 30 only  per month  ..cause u know a student a lil noob and slow and not very experienced 😁 so a professional logic state would do a lil more :) 

again 3dxchat has Max 200 frame loop students make 800 minimum loop 4 times bigger animation 1 per day on average 

we should be getting minimum 30 poses per month  well at least a student would provide those numbers a proffesional way more  but lets take the minimum a noob student would do  and guess what again ........4 times bigger animations  way more complex rig animate hair also (3dxchat dont have hair rig ) so less work  forgot to mention butt and boobs physics (3dxchat dont have that ) again less work 😁

So where are the poses for the love of god :) 

from promotional aspect players need new stuff and also new stuff attract more players 

So @Gizmo from ur post it seems that players could potentialy make a patreon page and share their builds there  for whatever fee they chose ..(called tiers ) 

and players could pay a monthly fee and have access to X creator builds/rooms  they have chose 

Do you confirm that ?

Also i will say its a great step for hundrends of builders here :) 

12 minutes ago, Aliviax said:

So @Gizmo from ur post it seems that players could potentialy make a patreon page and share their builds there  for whatever fee they chose ..(called tiers ) 

and players could pay a monthly fee and have access to X creator builds/rooms  they have chose 

Do you confirm that ?

Also i will say its a great step for hundrends of builders here :) 

A proper job is the best way to make money

1 hour ago, MeiLing said:

A proper job is the best way to make money

ofcourse 3d design building scenes and rooms  is a job 3d animation is also  a job :)  and guess what for me 3d animation is the best future job/hobby 

here some of top patreons now and how much they earn and from what perrrrrr month :) 

patreon is a job lol ppl earn from 4k per month to 250k per month depending the genre and the patrons 

you will see a patreon on 6th place with 30+k per month with 3k+ patrons now imagine rest that have 10k patrons

and top patreon on this category is skyrim and fall out mods hahah

So why not 3dxchat what does 3dxchat to be jealous of other games ......Nothing 

if you ask me ill stay on 3d animation but other builders might wanna do it 

3dxchat example patreons.png

Don't dream ... you will never make that amount of money with rooms in 3dxchat. There will always be people to share for free... It is the most useless feature you can imagine. There are much more feature to add to have a better experience....and this to please a bunch of players?

12 hours ago, Aliviax said:

whmm what example should i give so people can understand the difference in some stuff ....

ok we have on 1 hand the server and on the other hand the updates content wise 

So we have different jobs  we have the server tecks/programers whatever u call them and we have the animators for poses etc 

So its easy to understand that those 2 jobs are totaly different and can work seperatly 

So while ppl working on server some other work on updates ...but ...but ....where are they ? 

a student in animation  creates 1 animation per day and not the short 200 max frames 3dxchat has we talk about animations 4 times larger with way more compex rigs plus scenes ..so knowing this u must wonder where are the poses ... when a student makes arround 30 only  per month  ..cause u know a student a lil noob and slow and not very experienced 😁 so a professional logic state would do a lil more :) 

again 3dxchat has Max 200 frame loop students make 800 minimum loop 4 times bigger animation 1 per day on average 

we should be getting minimum 30 poses per month  well at least a student would provide those numbers a proffesional way more  but lets take the minimum a noob student would do  and guess what again ........4 times bigger animations  way more complex rig animate hair also (3dxchat dont have hair rig ) so less work  forgot to mention butt and boobs physics (3dxchat dont have that ) again less work 😁

So where are the poses for the love of god :) 

from promotional aspect players need new stuff and also new stuff attract more players 

But aren't most of the poses just downloaded for free from sites like mixamo? I can download the dance poses there or the new idle 6 pose.
There are thousands of poses there that the devs could include in 3DXC. So the only work they have to do is to include them into 3DXC, but not to create them.
(I even saw the dressing room in another game in a  video about the new Oculus Quest 2. That means even this was just copied from somewhere but not built by the devs themselves.)

Here is the phone pose and one of the photo poses...

Anmerkung 2020-07-29 074817.png

Anmerkung 2020-07-07 093658.png

Edited by Diana Prince

EXACTLY!! So why so hard to put them into the game? Many content to wait to use month by month.....

1 hour ago, Diana Prince said:

But aren't most of the poses just downloaded for free from sites like mixamo? I can download the dance poses there or the new idle 6 pose.
There are thousands of poses there that the devs could include in 3DXC. So the only work they have to do is to include them into 3DXC, but not to create them.
(I even saw the dressing room in another game in a  video about the new Oculus Quest 2. That means even this was just copied from somewhere but not built by the devs themselves.)

Here is the phone pose and one of the photo poses...

Anmerkung 2020-07-29 074817.png

Anmerkung 2020-07-07 093658.png

6 hours ago, MeiLing said:

Don't dream ... you will never make that amount of money with rooms in 3dxchat. There will always be people to share for free... It is the most useless feature you can imagine. There are much more feature to add to have a better experience....and this to please a bunch of players?

personaly i dont care about rooms lol i do 3d animation on my patreon  but some players/builders might care so its good if they have that option :)