3DXChat Community

AMAZON MUSIC RUN IN MY WORLD?

stevegold

I don't think they have build a Alexa for us right now 😅

Amazon is like Spotify a closed streaming provider system. Official it's impossible and not legal to use Amazon as streaming Provider for 3DXChat.

Edited by Chilles

Scroll down to Mulan’s post here:

It is for Spotify but I use it with iTunes using Apple Music streaming and it works great. Personally I think this is “more legitimate” than ripping stuff off YouTube. Even people who buy the songs per download are still not legally allowed to stream unless they have a public streaming licence which runs into hundreds of dollars per year. It seems kind of crap anyway. I am not running ads or profiting from the music and promoting artists music. 

5 hours ago, TerryScrew said:

You can stream music as long it's not for profit.

So as long it's for personnal use, without profit and you don't share any content it's still legal.

Hmmm, I don't stream any music myself, but I did wonder when I read this whether streaming it in a game that is for profit (SexGameDevil's) puts a different spin on the legality of the situation 🤔.

2 minutes ago, Leopardus said:

Hmmm, I don't stream any music myself, but I did wonder when I read this whether streaming it in a game that is for profit (SexGameDevil's) puts a different spin on the legality of the situation 🤔.

it's because the stream we provide have nothing to do with the devs. they have no control over it. what they can't do is stream music themselves (that would be illegal, and that's why they use 3rd party radio stream to avoid this problem).

On 7/24/2020 at 8:16 AM, TerryScrew said:

You can stream music as long it's not for profit.

So as long it's for personnal use, without profit and you don't share any content it's still legal.

Please do provide me with the link to any such ruling from the major P.R.O.`s (Ascap, Socan, BMI, SoundExchange .. etc..etc.) as the rules might have changed from when I was streaming more 'professionally'.

AFAIK, Internet Radio's (even the ones that do not make ANY kind of profit) OR any other entity that streams copyrighted material have to be licensed to broadcast legally on ANY platform and even then, there are a multitude of other sub-rules that exist to control what they do.

And .. HEY TERRY! Nice to see you! :)

Edited by Stellania

18 hours ago, Stellania said:

Please do provide me with the link to any such ruling from the major P.R.O.`s (Ascap, Socan, BMI, SoundExchange .. etc..etc.) as the rules might have changed from when I was streaming more 'professionally'.

AFAIK, Internet Radio's (even the ones that do not make ANY kind of profit) OR any other entity that streams copyrighted material have to be licensed to broadcast legally on ANY platform and even then, there are a multitude of other sub-rules that exist to control what they do.

And .. HEY TERRY! Nice to see you! :)

nice  to see you too Stelly ^^

So BMI, Ascap etc... they all talk about copyright for something commercial or non commercial with large audiences, Web Radios for exemple even if non profit are free to access by anyone

But we talk about personnal usage not worldwide broadcast when you listen your music in 3Dx or when you mix the copyright doesn't work the same. and it's complicated in those area. cause even BMI etc can't do anything about it. there's no strict rules for personnal use. unless you share the music (wich mean provide a downloadable link, or illegaly download it or make people pay to listen to it.

To give you an exemple i use Soundcloud for my mix, but i don't pay anything to use the service neither the people listening to the mix. is it illegal ? no ofc. otherwise no one will try their luck. it's the same when you listen music in your car. do you get sued because of it ? no ofc. Or if you play music in your house with friends listening with you ? is it illegal ? again no it's not.

That's why i said it's complicated. it's still under the personnal use with non commercial usage. Laws always have their gap where they not apply.

Yes, I understand your point .. 

I was asking about the rulings on that because I used to administer / own a Canadian web radio registered with SOCAN and the PRO's in the USA.

We had reports to file every month about airplay and profits .. even if we weren't generating any kind of revenue and we still had to pay a Royalty fee to be able to stream the content legally. Of course those fees were less than those that were generating a profit BUT there still was a fee to pay. Don't want to get in an big explanation as this has been discussed many many times here before.

I do agree that 'Personal Use' is a pretty 'vague' statement though and can lead to many interpretations and legal debates.

I wouldn't know about 'MIXING' my own creations, from what I'm getting .. that IS your intellectual property (unless using samples from someone else)

Music in your car, music in a bar(or any other venue) is different .. the broadcasters HAVE paid the royalties in accordance to their platform(fees vary from platform to platform)

But I agree, it's a big pile of spagetti that's very difficult to untangle!