3DXChat Community

Bellanaraan - A Dragon Age RP Room

Triel

Andaran atish'an!

I have been planning a Dragon Age RP room for quite some time now and there has been progress in regards to that. My friend and one of the most talented builders in the community, Shiraz has been working on the room for me and the build is good enough for me to start to publicly talk about the room. I will have to stress that I will not be rushing genius and therefore the room will be ready when it is ready. What I am here for, however, is to tell you about the premise of the room.

I will not turn this post into an in-depth headcanon lore post but instead offer you some points of my RP plans and what to expect if you're interested in joining.

-Bellanaraan is short for Mor'vharlaan Bellanaris or 'the Eternal City', the Elvhen name for the Black City. Bellanaraan is in no way the actual Eternal City but an Elvhen attempt to capture the glory of the Maker's seat. Presumably city was built by the Evanuris. It was lost in Fade for thousands of years before re-emerging in the coast of Arlathan as a result of a massive Dalish ritual.

-The premise of the RP are going to be the Elvhen but there will be room for other peoples as well. I, however, do expect most of the people interested in joining my 'staff' to be willing to play as an Elvhen character. There will be room for exceptions and therefore I should discuss the role of each member together with them.

-RP events will be held for friends or for group. It is easier to keep RP (and potential drama) contained that way. I will need to have a dedicated staff in order to pull of a public RP event.

-When the room is open, it will be considered Light RP. Let me elaborate what I mean by that. There will be room for both RP and casual banter. The local chat will serve predominantly as a banter and casual chat channel and RP would be encouraged to be done in PMs and group chats but I have nothing against an impromptu RP session in the local chat.

-There will be rules and they will be enforced. In my experience RP rooms without rules tend to fall to chaos - and not in the fun way.

-I will be setting up a discord for the room in due time. Either when the build nears completion or when I have enough staff to start doing some proper planning.

-If you have interest in the room, feel free to either PM me here or look me up. I will answer any questions you might have and am recruiting for the staff.

-In-game you can typically find me in Futacadia or any room hosted by Shiraz or therealjobby.

Here's a screenshot of an early build of the room.

2020-07-20_15-19-22_188015.png

Edited by Triel

Don’t mind Kush. He is known to be negative about so many things ^^

The idea is nice and I might watch a session or two if that’s ok?

Also for imersion move the whole build below the grid. Enforcing no names :)

12 minutes ago, Cyra said:

Don’t mind Kush. He is known to be negative about so many things ^^

The idea is nice and I might watch a session or two if that’s ok?

I don't mind viewers but everyone participating would need to be okay with it before I say yes or no. And whenever I have the room open for public you are more than welcome to visit.

I don't even know that building below the grid means. As I'm the planner, not the builder I'm not responsible for the actual building. No need to explain it to me as I'm not gonna go tell my friend she needs to learn to do her job better as she is already very busy and stretching her schedule to build this room for me.

6 hours ago, Cyra said:

In my experience that’s actually the opposite effect. 

If I see someone talk in local it’s helpful to be able to tell at a glance if it’s the person next to me at the bar, or someone clear across the room. 

Dropping the room below sea level to remove the names makes Roleplaying so much harder. 
Because there is no ‘range’ to our chat, local can be read by anyone in the room, no matter the physical distance between avatars. 

If you want the immersion though, just switch your settings to have Player Names Off or on Hover. 

Edit to stay on topic: Love the idea for the room. Another RP area is always welcome. 

Edited by Derai

9 hours ago, Triel said:

I don't mind viewers but everyone participating would need to be okay with it before I say yes or no. And whenever I have the room open for public you are more than welcome to visit.

I don't even know that building below the grid means. As I'm the planner, not the builder I'm not responsible for the actual building. No need to explain it to me as I'm not gonna go tell my friend she needs to learn to do her job better as she is already very busy and stretching her schedule to build this room for me.

It means what it says. move the world and all objectives under sea level Oo.

also @cyra: im not "negative" about alot of things but sceptical about a few and uuuuusually i have good reasons for that :P. you could say im sceptic-positive i guess? Oo

Edited by IKushiel

3 hours ago, Derai said:

If you want the immersion though, just switch your settings to have Player Names Off or on Hover. 

Edit to stay on topic: Love the idea for the room. Another RP area is always welcome. 

I quite prefer having the names displayed at all times but in time I'll let the community decide what to do with the settings regarding to name visibility.

Thank you for sticking to the topic. If you want to hear more or are interested and/or have time for being in the staff, don't hesitate to contact me me further.