3DXChat Community

Hate in World Chat

Patchouli Spice

As a new player the one thing that will make me delete my account is world chat.

There's a group of keyboard warriors who think their opinion is the gospel.

Constantly using racial slurs against many groups as well as homophobia.

We get it.....you support Trump and that's all well and good. However, this is not the place for a political rally.

3DX please step up and correct this.  Today it was too much and went on for too long.

I would like to see World Chat disabled for a while--they can have the political rally's in their room.  Under no circumstances should those that disagree have to be silent to not get sucked into the drama or speak up and be totally sucked in exhausting their energy.

Again, I've been seeing it daily and its the same people who think they run world chat.

This is a tough one for me.  The trolls live off of negative energy,  drama, and quarreling.  They can't compete in an honest debate of views and ideas, and only want to tear down instead of build up.  But shutting down parts of the game could be construed by these malcontents as a victory for them?

I will participate in a debate here in the forum, but personally leave world chat out of view, if the trolls are out. Ignore can starve these rats.  Hopefully. 

Enjoy the other facets of this delicious world!

I hear you love. Today was too much. Its still going on and has been for over an hour.

As ppl log and peek in on the world then comes more hate. I've been reading smh wondering when it will stop.

Its the same group of people daily who are very much angry miserable trolls that see virtual life as real life because they have no life.

I remind myself of that on all platforms that I play. However, we all have those days when we are screaming STFU and have some fun.

There's enough going on in the world and many come to escape that for a bit and then back to reality.

BUT......if this is their reality *face palm* yes we have to smoke them out. 

You can't smoke this out, for any reaction you have to them fuels their fire.
They feed of the conflict. They NEED you to get upset.
Best way is to just ignore everyone and move on.
I do admit this would be easier if we could simply have a toggle to not display World Chat at all.

To coin a phrase from a classic movie.
The only way to win this game/deal with these idiots, is not to play their game.
WarGames - "The Only Winning Move" GIF | Gfycat

No doubt, I don't get angry/comment.

I am simply tired of seeing it daily from the same people who clearly think its OK.

TBH IDC what political side ppl choose. I do not like that the end result are a bunch of hate filled posts scream I'm right, I'm right and what I am saying is the gospel.

But anywho, if this is acceptable and from what I've been told some of these people have been reported multiple times, this is not the place for me.

I will not put my money in places that allow such behavior.

I see the ignorance in WC the most but also have witnessed it in some rooms.

I'm just one person removing myself.....so my coins leaving will not make or break them lol

Happy hunting and stay well XO

I do believe they are in violation of terms and conditions, and should be banned.  But, I refuse this minority to have an effect on my being here.  There are too many that I truly enjoy being with here, and I will continue to bring a positive vibe to this special place.  We are better than them, and always will be.  Don't let them win.

Just now, JackPine said:

I do believe they are in violation of terms and conditions, and should be banned.  But, I refuse this minority to have an effect on my being here.  There are too many that I truly enjoy being with here, and I will continue to bring a positive vibe to this special place.  We are better than them, and always will be.  Don't let them win.

3DX World Chat is a case study in the lack of Moderation, and how fast even a simple comment can spiral into a day long cycle of hate. And that's even BEFORE you factor in the professional trolls.

1 minute ago, Derai said:

3DX World Chat is a case study in the lack of Moderation, and how fast even a simple comment can spiral into a day long cycle of hate. And that's even BEFORE you factor in the professional trolls.

If there one thing I hate more than hate, I am having a hard time pinpointing it. 

On 7/19/2020 at 8:24 PM, Patchouli Spice said:

As a new player the one thing that will make me delete my account is world chat.

On 7/19/2020 at 10:17 PM, Patchouli Spice said:

But anywho, if this is acceptable and from what I've been told some of these people have been reported multiple times, this is not the place for me.

You are clearly overreacting. The game itself is good. Just stop using world chat lol. It's not like you are forced to swim in the that smelly swamp with all trolls spending their miserable lives there and hoping to find another target to hurt. 

Why they are not getting banned? Well, I am not sure, but I can say why there are no mods there. Because hiring a few full-time working mods is quite pricey and 3dxchat is a small game/team. 

Yeah, of course they can give moderator rights to some "decent" players, but giving some players such a power can lead to a much worse consequences than world chat trolls, that can be dealt with by using ignore button or simply by staying away from this dumpster called WC. 

On 7/19/2020 at 4:24 PM, Patchouli Spice said:

There's a group of keyboard warriors who think their opinion is the gospel.

Constantly using racial slurs against many groups as well as homophobia.

We get it.....you support Trump and that's all well and good. However, this is not the place for a political rally.

3DX please step up and correct this.  Today it was too much and went on for too long.

I would like to see World Chat disabled for a while--they can have the political rally's in their room.  Under no circumstances should those that disagree have to be silent to not get sucked into the drama or speak up and be totally sucked in exhausting their energy.

Again, I've been seeing it daily and its the same people who think they run world chat.

You're absolutely right, but I think WC alone doesn't define the 3DX experience in any way, shape or form. Far from it, in fact. Your best option is to ignore it, turn off the visible notifications and sound for WC, and you're all set. Everyone knows trolls and toxic people are there (not only, there are decent people, too) just to come up with some trivial debate, then start insulting each other instead of adressing the topic, which is pointless, pathetic, and a waste of time. That's why I rarely even read WC, let alone use it.

For me, the best way to deal with negativity is to ignore it completely. Trolls etc. feed off negative energy so I don't give them anything to use.As far as any of the chats are concerned,if I'm not involved specifically, I stay out of it.There's nothing wrong with having nothing to say unless I insist on saying it!

I'll agree that World is a good place to go if you're intending to develop a thicker skin. Also, while I generally go by the rule that that World chat is garbage, the truth is it is what we make it. The majority of WC users aren't bigoted ogres, they're just the ones that make the most noise. There are some genuinely cool people on there, and we can all do our part to make it the place we want it to be :)

Seriously though, it's garbage.

I have all notifications for World Chat turned off and totally blank it from existence.

I will say this however I'd prefer it not to be disabled. At the moment it keeps the trolls all in one place and out of local chats in public rooms.

World chat is actually doing us a favor so don't poke the bear to get change, that could in fact make it worse than it already is.

Abbey ♡

Edited by Abbey

• 2 weeks later...

I just want to start out by saying... Welcome to the internet! Pamphlets are on your left and tissues are to the right. Buckle up and keep all appendages inside the vehicle at all times. If you are easily offended, you may want to get up shut off your PC and try your luck at badminton instead. For everyone else... I wish you luck and may you not lose your mind along the way. 😜

Edited by Xandisweet
Typo