3DXChat Community

Issues when rotating furniture

_Sophie_

Hey so I’m starting to get the hang of world editor now, and figured I’d try to start downloading some premade 3D furniture. However when I try to rotate the furniture, each part of it rotates and it ends up becoming all disjointed and weird.

is this just what happened with pre made stuff or am I doing it wrong?

Hi, in the toolbar in world editor, you have the choice between Pivot and Center. I you use pivot for objects grouped, each single object rotate on itself. If you want to rotate the whole group. select Center and the whole group will rotate properly.

image.png.37654eeb90d5772ad4024f03c0b1fda9.png

Edited by Torax

• 2 weeks later...

Here are some things I learned.

Number one, always make sure all the parts are joined/merged. Some imported items I get that are made by other players are not Merged. So I always check that first.

Second, always double check that I'm in Center and NOT Pivot for a multi piece object. All the premade objects in game register as single objects. Everything else made by users are not. If I accidentally forget this step and see that I'm not in Center mode, that back button is my best friend.

As a matter of fact, that back button is my best friend when I make ANY mistake.

the one glitch that annoys me the most is the jump glitch. The one where an element suddenly jumps to a random location. When this happens; I just find it and delete it, and or relocate it.

You can grab a specific part of a multi piece item that is merged and the rotation will be centered on that specific piece. However, if you move the camera it will automatically shift to the group's center. If that happens, and you only want to shift on that specific piece, then you have to deselect that group and reselect that same piece you selected before.

Finally, it's a good idea to have regular saves. I try to save after every few elements and give each save a different number as I collect save points. That way, when the game glitches out and erases all your work, you haven't lost to much of your work and can continue faster. Another good reason for this is because you can revisit an earlier save point and do something different if you like fro there.

You can also do a quick save by visiting the place you are building in game. When you return to construction, everything is as you had left it and you can continue.