3DXChat Community

MOVING YACHTS

xSynXx

Great idea regarding the jump points.  I was in a room that had a spiral staircase that went way up to the top of the building.  I know I need the exercise, but a working elevator would have been nice!  

Edited by JackPine
Grammar Police

2 hours ago, Peter North said:

When something like a boat or a car moves in a game, its not the car or boat that actually moves, its all the background scenery that moves.

Um...no.

Most games....especially War Games like the Battlefield series have vehicles that move independently. The background doesn't move.  

18 minutes ago, Diana Prince said:

that's what I wish for since a long time: "jump points".
Exactly what you describe, Derai. It could simulate elevators when the other jump point is in the same room.

And imagine the possibilities if they could be in different rooms! I know it's not the topic here, but combine jump points with the possibility to have a window pop up when you click on an object (like when you click on another player) and there could be text and a picture describing this object or something.
And voila: you would have a whole new world of "treasure hunts" inside 3DXC...

Teleports are the most easy things to make and extremely useful.

Not sure why they weren't added already. Especially with how big our building areas are 

Elevators and such shouldn't be that big a deal. There are many videos on YouTube showing how to code them. 

Gravity is another useful trick for movement. Ever notice how slow we fall when we walk off something?

If Gizmo would increase gravity so we fall faster, placing some kind of ground on a 45 degree angle should produce a quick sliding effect. You could create Ski Chalets in the mountains that you could 'Ski down'.  Or Water slides. 

Obviously the effect would be even better if the Avi could be equipped with Ski's to enhance the effect.

Edited by THX

4 minutes ago, Diana Prince said:

or some water slides 🙂

Yeah, lots of things you can do with a few tweaks of things we already have.

Wouldn't it be kewl if Gizmo gave us the ability to change gravity like we can the water level??

Water slide races!!! 😄

13 minutes ago, Leopardus said:

Hmmm 🤔.

I went from reading these messages about gravity to the topic about cumshots, then had the horrible thought of negative gravity resulting in getting a face full of my own cum 😯

And the downside of that would be? 🤣

47 minutes ago, Derai said:

Fair enough!
Was just kidding around with ya. No worries!

Don't worry, I understood that.  But I am now concerned at the mess created on everyone else with the wind through my beard as the yacht accelerates up to 50 knots......

Moving yachts do sound cool, but definitely won't be possible until the server is set up and stable. As it will heavily reply up on updating the position of the yacht to every client in the room continuously, without any hiccups else we're gonna have a rubberband party on the boat. :D 

I do like the idea of teleport points though, +1 from me. it will help to navigate the large worlds people have built. Maybe somehow have a "Teleportation menu" type of thing, where you can interact with something, bring up a popup window that has a list of teleport points that were placed down, maybe ones you can name. To make it easier to navigate and go from there

5 hours ago, Ashbash said:

Moving yachts do sound cool, but definitely won't be possible until the server is set up and stable. As it will heavily reply up on updating the position of the yacht to every client in the room continuously, without any hiccups else we're gonna have a rubberband party on the boat. :D 

I do like the idea of teleport points though, +1 from me. it will help to navigate the large worlds people have built. Maybe somehow have a "Teleportation menu" type of thing, where you can interact with something, bring up a popup window that has a list of teleport points that were placed down, maybe ones you can name. To make it easier to navigate and go from there

I also like the idea of having teleport points from one world into another.  This could create for example cities, and the impression of larger worlds, etc.

Edited by Leopardus

Would be a good idea if the editor worked that way. but we can't even add basic animations triggers for objects, and this for 2 reason

1.the Json File system (it's bad)

2. it's too much to move for the game to handle it. (that mean move every part of the build framerate killer for the base game code (basic smoke or fire effect... not that good looking... is already a huge pain in the ass for performance so movement of objects... good luck with that)

You seek for something that will need either a complete reworking of the source code of the game or an game engine swap. don't hope for it.

On 7/18/2020 at 7:01 AM, TerryScrew said:

Would be a good idea if the editor worked that way. but we can't even add basic animations triggers for objects, and this for 2 reason

1.the Json File system (it's bad)

2. it's too much to move for the game to handle it. (that mean move every part of the build framerate killer for the base game code (basic smoke or fire effect... not that good looking... is already a huge pain in the ass for performance so movement of objects... good luck with that)

You seek for something that will need either a complete reworking of the source code of the game or an game engine swap. don't hope for it.

and good thing you can't add, less bad garbage in the game will.