3DXChat Community

MOVING YACHTS

xSynXx

How difficult would it be to use the same type of triggers used in other games to power the yachts? Such a shame all the rooms are built on water yet the boats dont work. Also it would be awesome to get hoop earrings for the ladies, ability to wear more than one face tattoo, larger body sizes, and please, most importantly, the trigger for penis/strap-on should not automatically turn on for any pose, some ladies don't want to use it at all, yet some FFM poses will trigger it on, please correct this.  Thanks!

On 7/11/2020 at 4:29 PM, xSynXx said:

How difficult would it be to use the same type of triggers used in other games to power the yachts? Such a shame all the rooms are built on water yet the boats dont work. Also it would be awesome to get hoop earrings for the ladies, ability to wear more than one face tattoo, larger body sizes, and please, most importantly, the trigger for penis/strap-on should not automatically turn on for any pose, some ladies don't want to use it at all, yet some FFM poses will trigger it on, please correct this.  Thanks!

I think you would experience lag issues in 3DX with many moving vehicles. However, there is a perception trick that can be used.

You could add rotation to the game. 

Basically the yacht stays still but you could rotate like.. the big islands we have to give the illusion of movement. 

Rotation and being able to set rotational speeds that would be good.  (I would like real movement too though)

Boats faked movement, helicopter blades faking flying (great for Steampunk themes), clocks, trains  wheels, etc... etc... faked faked faked.

Edited by THX

4 hours ago, xSynXx said:

THX I certainly don't know the mechanics of it but that sounds like a good idea.  Anything to give the perception we're not just sitting in the water would be cool.

I am no Guru, but I know this.

Anything moving has to have everything moving on it.  So 50 people on a boat also having to move same time... yikes.

However, an old trick is to have the object and everyone standing on it not moving, but create an illusion of movement.

I did this 3 years ago with a tain and plane. But I assure you it can be done much better if we are given things like rotation, and a sky that can be rotated.  What I did, is super primative, but the best that can be done with what we have.

You can fake a lot of movement easier than many think and avoid the problems of actually making everything move at the same time.

(But would I like real movement even on a smaller scale like an elevator,  escalator, etc..) hell yes!!

Edited by THX

2 hours ago, THX said:

So 50 people on a boat also having to move same time... yikes.

How will you place 50 people on this small yacht? For couples it is the best. We have only one model for a yacht and several for cars. Unity has its own engine to make vehicles move. There are lots of tutorials in the web how to make online race games and how to make vehicles work. How well this will work depends on the developers.

3 minutes ago, MeiLing said:

Do we need this in a sex game? Do we need more lag?

I’m with you on this one.  
Most of these suggestions more or less would turn 3DX into Grand Theft Auto with Sex Animations. 

It might be cool. But it would no longer be 3DX. 

World editor would no longer be 3DX.  Color palette and a choice in colored parts would no longer be 3DX.  Music streaming feature would no longer be 3DX. Do we need all of this in a sex game? Do we need gifts? Do we need clothes in a sex game? Let`s keep two of old rooms with a common radio. Is enough for a sex :P

Driveable things is requested since 2014 when people were chilling on the old beach. The same with mini games. All these request ain`t simple to do. To make a car drive is easy, but there should be animations for a driver and sound for a car engine. The same with yachts.

The thing is. The current Devs are hard pressed to keep the limited game that we have right now, running. 

Bug fixes are sporadic and take a long time. 
Anything that makes the game more complex and complicated will increase those issues exponentially. 
They would Need to hire more people just to plan for any of this, and while I think the ideas are cool. 
I’m confident when I say it’s going to stay Dreams and Ideas and nothing more. 

(I hope I’m proven wrong someday.)

Ya know what would be an easier way to achieve this?
Give us an animated 'Sky box'

Imagine having a background in your room where the clouds actually MOVE, so you get the Illusion of motion.
You could make a boat or something appear to be moving.

Just a thought.

9 hours ago, ☙𝔼𝕩❧ said:

How will you place 50 people on this small yacht? For couples it is the best. We have only one model for a yacht and several for cars. Unity has its own engine to make vehicles move. There are lots of tutorials in the web how to make online race games and how to make vehicles work. How well this will work depends on the developers.

I understand Unity is built for vehicles. I never said it couldn't be done rather how it could create lag moving something like the yacht which this topic is about.

First of all, there are no current limits on how many people can join the yacht and there have been times in the past there were over 50 on it. So you have the yacht moving and 50 other things having to move along at the same rate with it.  Otherwise it would move out underneath you and everyone would end up in the water. 

Then you have the porting issues. When you join a room with a moving target your going to have to land on it and stay on it. 

I'm not saying it's impossible, but rather how you can use an illusion to create movement with things as they currently are in the World Editor .... Tomarrow.

I could make the yacht appear to be sailing around an island easy if we could rotate objects and set speed along with scale and direction.

You can make Steampunk ships appear to be flying, by rotating the ground underneath or a sky above.

Not sure about the arguement 3DX would become like Grand Theft Auto. I rember hearing some argue how terrible the World Editor was going to be for 3DX and how making it 64 bit was the end of the world.

Edited by THX

33 minutes ago, THX said:

First of all, there are no current limits on how many people can join the yacht and there have been times in the past there were over 50 on it. So you have the yacht moving and 50 other things having to move along at the same rate with it.  Otherwise it would move out underneath you and everyone would end up in the water. 

Omg, i got you. My wrong. I didn`t mean the place named Yacht. I meant a prop as any car in the world editor. That little yacht which we can place in our rooms.

On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2020 at 8:36 AM, THX said:

I am no Guru, but I know this.

Anything moving has to have everything moving on it.  So 50 people on a boat also having to move same time... yikes.

However, an old trick is to have the object and everyone standing on it not moving, but create an illusion of movement.

I did this 3 years ago with a tain and plane. But I assure you it can be done much better if we are given things like rotation, and a sky that can be rotated.  What I did, is super primative, but the best that can be done with what we have.

You can fake a lot of movement easier than many think and avoid the problems of actually making everything move at the same time.

(But would I like real movement even on a smaller scale like an elevator,  escalator, etc..) hell yes!!

When something like a boat or a car moves in a game, its not the car or boat that actually moves, its all the background scenery that moves.

11 minutes ago, Diana Prince said:

I would love to have something like a monorail that you can hop on and off in the room 🙂
The distances in our New York room are almost too big to manage by foot. So some kind of train with several stops would be perfect. Like a subway...

2020-07-13_17-48-15_2084107.png

If physically moving objects are impossible a system of ‘teleports’ might be an idea. 
Like a object you place in pairs, walk onto one, and the avatar appears on the other. 

In your monorail idea you’d put those in each station to ‘imply’ the Avi taking the Rail. 

that's what I wish for since a long time: "jump points".
Exactly what you describe, Derai. It could simulate elevators when the other jump point is in the same room.

And imagine the possibilities if they could be in different rooms! I know it's not the topic here, but combine jump points with the possibility to have a window pop up when you click on an object (like when you click on another player) and there could be text and a picture describing this object or something.
And voila: you would have a whole new world of "treasure hunts" inside 3DXC...