3DXChat Community

FPS Drops?

Atomu

Okay so, a couple of days ago i updated Windows 10 to the latest version (2004), and since that, i started to find the game unplayable, i usually play at med specs, windowed without any issues but since the update, it has been like that, having me struggle for days. The Fps drop is very terrible and it barely handle it without freezing the client. I am now back to the previous version of windows but the problem persists. Ps: i use a laptop, which i play games with since years, despite it's components it still goes pretty good. anybody had the same issue?

I have not had any recent updates to my operating system, but have been experiencing lag, frame rate drop, whatever it is for several days.  It comes and goes, and is not related to peak and non-peak times.  Sometimes it slows down 3DX a lot, like when I am joining a room or bringing up a profile.  Other times, I can join rooms and bring up profiles quickly.  It can change from minute to minute sometimes.  Also, I have found in every room that most of the avatars are stuck at the initial spawn-in point (which is usually under the water unless the water and build were lowered) and they never move from that spot no matter how long I stay in the room.  It seems 3DX is having an issue which is causing all of this.

@Gizmo Please fix this issue soon.

Edited by pretty

Hi,

May I first suggest getting the most current graphics driver for your machine, reinstall those, and go from there. I have not updated to that version yet, and I have seen numerous stories on issues this latest update has created, and all were not the same issue. 

I hope this helps,

John

1 minute ago, Johnfuzzy said:

Hi,

May I first suggest getting the most current graphics driver for your machine, reinstall those, and go from there. I have not updated to that version yet, and I have seen numerous stories on issues this latest update has created, and all were not the same issue. 

I hope this helps,

John

Mine is the most current graphics driver.  I already checked for that.

11 minutes ago, pretty said:

Mine is the most current graphics driver.  I already checked for that.

Mine has it's own most current grahic drivers availabe, it's basically a clean windows installation considering that there's only 3dx and google chrome installed as apps.

Can’t say I’ve experienced lag. Maybe a minor background update has made the game more demanding and people’s PCs are now struggling to keep up a little? If people above could post their system specs it could help perhaps?

My system specs well exceed those required for 3DX, my computer's settings are not the source of the problem, and my internet is not the source of the problem either.  It is 3DX from which most lag issues are originating for some people.  Just like some people report this bug, or that bug, issues do not always affect everyone.

Edited by pretty

11 hours ago, pretty said:

My system specs well exceed those required for 3DX, my computer's settings are not the source of the problem, and my internet is not the source of the problem either.  It is 3DX from which most lag issues are originating for some people.  Just like some people report this bug, or that bug, issues do not always affect everyone.

True but sometimes users with certain hardware get issues so it could be used to see if there’s any pattern there. A few months back a game I play updated and it only affected Ryzen users for example