3DXChat Community

Showcasing rooms without sharing them on 3dxchatsharing.com

Torax

Hi everyone, with all these days without 3dx working, I took some time to think about how improve the website.

I came up with the following idea, and I would like your feedback:

So far, on website we showcase only shared objects, for people to use them for free. But we all know there are tons of rooms hidden in 3dx, not shared, and beautiful, as well as some unknown talented builders.

I was thinking to create a whole new sections for rooms NOT shared. Like for shared rooms, each room would have its own page, with screenshots, and builders as well a page with all the creastions they wish to showcase.

This way we could see rooms we might not have the chance to see, give credits to builder and also it can be an inspiration source for builders.

I know some topics of builders are on forum already, but I thought it could be better organized and displayed on the website.

Please let me know your opinion!

Edited by Torax

Just now, TylerMatthews said:

Are you talking about a category for putting room screenshots on 3dxchatsharing.com, but without the world download link?

HI and thanks!

Indeed, the idea would be simply to have a section on website for people to showcase their creations but not share the world file. Some rooms can be very personal and builder dont want to share them, I do the same. Nevertheless maybe it can still be shown via some screenshots to share it with the community.

10 hours ago, Torax said:

HI and thanks!

Indeed, the idea would be simply to have a section on website for people to showcase their creations but not share the world file. Some rooms can be very personal and builder dont want to share them, I do the same. Nevertheless maybe it can still be shown via some screenshots to share it with the community.

I like the idea! I'll contribute my latest one - I'm reluctant to share the whole world cuz I'm still constantly tweaking it, not sure when it'll feel "done". But was considering uploading some individual parts once I settle on them as well.