3DXChat Community

Live concert stream

Da Sting

😁 What I‘m thinking of are real live events with artists playing- not playing prerecorded stuff. There are different rules for that - especially when playing to small and closed audiences. Can you hook up any live audio stream in rooms?

1 hour ago, Diana Prince said:

You can enter the link to the stream in 3DXC's radio object.
I often use Radio Bob and its links. It looks like this:
http:// streams.radiobob.de/ bob-80srock/ mp3-192/mediaplayer  (remove the spaces)

Any specifications on what the stream/format should be like? The mentioned would be 192kBit MP3... is more than 44.1 and 16Bit allowed?

3 hours ago, TV9CD_Nikki said:

Does anyone know if video streams are being considered or not? One of my ideas for a World I wanna build involves a movie theater.

I very seriously doubt that will happen, especially since that was one of the things that Rochi's .dll allowed us to do (if that wasn't her, I apologize to whomever created it). If it wasn't ported over when the 64bit version was released, I do not see it happening.

5 hours ago, Da Sting said:

😁 What I‘m thinking of are real live events with artists playing- not playing prerecorded stuff. There are different rules for that - especially when playing to small and closed audiences. Can you hook up any live audio stream in rooms?

I have a DJ friend who streams Saturday nights on FB Live, YouTube, and Twitch. With his knowledge & permission, I feed the audio feed into my room using BUTT & a local IceCast server. Works great! We plan to look into having his DJ software stream directly to IceCast, rather than using BUTT to stream from my own local PC audio.

6 hours ago, Da Sting said:

Nice... so that would work. You know anything about specifications on the transmitting side?

I'm using 128k MP3 stream from a local virtual loopback device, but I believe IceCast can transcode as well, though I've never tried it. Also not sure what the specific format(s) are that 3DX will play from a stream - assuming it's documented somewhere, but may need to experiment.