3DXChat Community

Website to see actual 3DXChat server status

ColinDude

2 hours ago, Jannick said:

The main problem with the status page is, and this no critic, i love your work for the community, that it shows the status from the asking server of yours to the route of 3DX.

This is the status of one provider, one IP and one point of the internet.

Everyone here has different providers, different IP, Firewalls, anti-virus solutions and and and whatever more.

A local tool to check the status from where the user are ... would be more helpful .. just my two cent ;)

I see your point, especially looking at the recent latency and disconnect issues. However this is unfortunately not possible. Will become too technical to explain, but it's much more than just a regular ping that can be sent from a computer.

The current status site answers the question: Is it down for me, or is it down for everyone. Because if my status page captures problems, everybody will have them. But if my status page is all green, it's not a 100 % guarantee you'll be able to log into world without issues.

6 hours ago, Jannick said:

The main problem with the status page is, and this no critic, i love your work for the community, that it shows the status from the asking server of yours to the route of 3DX.

This is the status of one provider, one IP and one point of the internet.

Everyone here has different providers, different IP, Firewalls, anti-virus solutions and and and whatever more.

A local tool to check the status from where the user are ... would be more helpful .. just my two cent ;)

There are tools already publically available that can track the path from your own computer to a target site...all the hops and response times encountered, or blocked, etc and some even show it graphically on maps. They are called internet root tracking/tracing tools.

Edited by Leopardus

I gave @Jannick 's comment some thought and I think I came up with something. Now live! (in beta though)

Today's changes

The self test is based on the requirements mentioned here. All the tests happen on client side, so the results are realistically from your system towards the servers.

Edited by Gizmo

BIG update just live!

• Added content server status
  • Added 3DXChat API status
  • Self test: Added content server self test
  • Self test: Added API server self test
  • Self test: Fixed "firewall port" self tests, should now work correctly
  • Latency is now based on auth server, game server, and API latency
  • Overall status is now only determined on uptime of the auth server, game server and API.
    If one of them is offline, overall status will be offline
  • Overall status will be "Running with issues" if either the website or content server is down
  • Discord bot: Will now announce "running with issues" warning when website or content server goes down
  • "Content server" latency added to statistical graph
  • Added hours downtime to historical outages graph
  • Moved "Status changed .. ago" into a hover when it's longer than 2 hours ago for most stats

• 2 weeks later...

Few updates just released, especially regarding the extension of the self test. Helping users with ping and traceroute tests.

• Changes to "Historical overview regarding latency times" graph
  • Self test: Added additional troubleshooting steps for pings and traceroutes
  • Self test: Removed 3002 firewall port requirement (not a requirement anymore since patch 423)

Latest update, now live:

• Added US gameserver entrypoint (won't affect overall status when offline)
    (excluded in latency graphs)
  • Self test: Updated troubleshooting steps, referring to patch 425 and testing both EU and US entry points
  • Discord bot: Will now report having issues if status site is on yellow

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just released:

• Added maintenance windows (announced downtime by 3DXChat staff)
    - One hour before the maintenance window start, the yellow icon will show
    - When there's an outage during a maintenance window, it gets marked as planned
  • Added more details to outages
  • Added planned/unplanned information

Something that I planned of adding too, is an automatic conversation to your local time. But running into some issues, will add that soon!

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/23/2020 at 10:07 AM, ColinDude said:

Today's additions:

• Added special dialog when US game server is down but the rest of the service is up
  • Added gift preview to Profile editor

image.thumb.png.b502e613a6e31c7a042710ee9f83fb84.png

This is a huge timesaver!  Thanks as always for all your hard work to make our 3DX lives a little easier, Cheers! 👍

Today's changes in the Discord bot:

• If multiple servers go down at the same time, just one combined message instead of separate ones (thanks @Feuermond for the idea ❤)
    (This should solve the problem with the order of down and up status messages that happened lately)
  • Status messages for US game server problems

unknown.png

• 2 weeks later...

Today's changes:

• Fixed bug when US server went down but no discord message when it's back up
  • Changed database logging when a services goes down for just one minute
  • Added patches into the historical outages graph on the statistics page
  • Changed the way the amount of outages is calculated for the historical outages graph

On 11/22/2020 at 4:10 PM, BeckyRoxi said:

Colin ... I am a professional developer at a major aerospace company... If you came to us and showed us this application... you would not make it to the door without a job offer in your hands.

If you see me in the game... simply say raincheck.  I will take it from there.

kiss

at that major aerospace you say  they do not have such tools ? 😁

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Today's changes:

• Moved menu items to dropdown to save space
  • Made embedding the current status possible with a dynamic image you can use on your own website (there you go @Torax)

Live examples including HTML code here: https://3dxchat-status.com/embed 

Static examples

black.png.e8bf345a8d1ef2ea89bf1855072c7f37.png

white.png.36b770f28e110ec0e7ea54ec107e900a.png

Edited by Gizmo