3DXChat Community

Website to see actual 3DXChat server status

ColinDude

The following changes have been made the past two days, most changes happened after the downtime that 3DXChat just experienced:

• Added ability to manually set outage (admin feature)
  • Prevent false-negatives
  • Enhanced outage detection before 5 minute run
  • Added Patreon link

Unfortunately I'm not able to detect this new kind of outage. The backend seemed to be up and running, but it wasn't working correctly, obviously.

The only way I can detect this new kind of outage, is that I use a dedicated 3DXChat subscription. So either I collect enough money using the Patreon page, or I have to accept this. :( But I created a way for me to set the outage manually now, and added some triggers so that I get informed right away when there's something going on.

2 hours ago, ColinDude said:

The following changes have been made the past two days, most changes happened after the downtime that 3DXChat just experienced:

• Added ability to manually set outage (admin feature)
  • Prevent false-negatives
  • Enhanced outage detection before 5 minute run
  • Added Patreon link

Unfortunately I'm not able to detect this new kind of outage. The backend seemed to be up and running, but it wasn't working correctly, obviously.

The only way I can detect this new kind of outage, is that I use a dedicated 3DXChat subscription. So either I collect enough money using the Patreon page, or I have to accept this. :( But I created a way for me to set the outage manually now, and added some triggers so that I get informed right away when there's something going on.

So, in a way. You could argue that they changed something to tighten up security?
Perhaps?

If it's harder for your program to detect things happening in the system from the outside I mean.
Or am I understanding things wrong?

18 hours ago, Derai said:

So, in a way. You could argue that they changed something to tighten up security?
Perhaps?

If it's harder for your program to detect things happening in the system from the outside I mean.
Or am I understanding things wrong?

It's pretty technical to explain the problem. But since the new test server they definitely tightened security. :)

A BIG update for both the status website and the discord bot!

Status website changes

• Renamed game server to auth server, and back-end to game server (this way it is more accurate)
  • Removed "new registrations" stat
  • Added warning when there is a visitor increase, but no outage detected (yet)
  • Added warning when the update was longer than 10 minutes ago
  • Do not create a new outage registration when there was a previous outage less than 15 minutes ago: Reopen that one instead

Discord bot changes

• Redesigned the discord bot: He is now a bit more intelligent. 😃

Example:

image.thumb.png.ba155572b59e6bd9f404d369d209e954.png

And another example:

image.thumb.png.fe4c89635ba6dd642abdc9a95ed02be8.png

New release, all regarding the discord bot

• HUGE discord bot update. Thanks to Fayenix for testing!
  • Discord bot is now multilingual! Use !statuslang to change the language.
    Eg: !statuslang nl
    For multiple languages at the same time, use: !statuslang en,nl
  • Dutch added to Discord bot
  • German added to Discord bot (thanks SmartOlivia!)
  • Russian added to Discord bot (thanks Patap!)
  • Italian added to Discord bot (thanks Gustavo Lafica!)

French and Hungarian are on their way. If you wanna help out with another language that is desired let me know. :)

image.png.672b998403c5e1d64a113de499de5c64.png

Edited by ColinDude

• 2 weeks later...

Todays update

• Main status page now refreshes with Ajax instead of Meta refresh
  • Main page now refreshes every minute, at all times
  • Error handling optimized when status page is unable to fetch data
  • Optimized caching (let's see if the 3dxchat-status server still crashes when there's a big outage...)

Thanks @chloe ! :)

And another update released.. just now.

• Status page and discord bot now detects recent network latency changes, which could lead to in-game issues
  • New favicon (warning) when the service has (possible) issues
  • Fixed bug with latency graph on index page
  • Fade in and fade out for warning dialogs
  • Added measure to see the load of the server this website is hosted on
Edited by ColinDude

Because of the recent latency issues I made some changes to make the uptime percentage more fair (now includes latency issues in the % uptime calculations), and to not show "all on green" when there are in fact, issues.

Today's changes

• When latency is higher than expected, set overall status to "Running with issues" (leads to yellow in latency graph)
  • Uptime % now takes very high latency into account as downtime

@ColinDude

Hi Colin, not sure if you are around but the forum has seen a few threads and messages in a short time about disconnects and login problems.  Your server status site doesn't look like anything is wrong, so maybe there is an issue your site isn't detecting???

Edited by Leopardus

43 minutes ago, Leopardus said:

@ColinDude

Hi Colin, not sure if you are around but the forum has seen a few threads and messages in a short time about disconnects and login problems.  Your server status site doesn't look like anything is wrong, so maybe there is an issue your site isn't detecting???

Interesting! Must be routing/network related. I'm not having issues, same as the server who does the checks. I'll ask some questions in the regarding topics. :)

@ColinDude I really like the text box narratives you have added on the server status page.  Really useful.

Seeing those really that makes me think how SexGameDevil should be providing and maintaining exactly what you have created.  I want to say thank you again for your commitment to the user community and sincerely hope you are not disrupting your life unduly on all of our behalfs to provide a service that SGD should be providing.

4 minutes ago, Leopardus said:

@ColinDude I really like the text box narratives you have added on the server status page.  Really useful.

Seeing those really that makes me think how SexGameDevil should be providing and maintaining exactly what you have created.  I want to say thank you again for your commitment to the user community and sincerely hope you are not disrupting your life unduly on all of our behalfs to provide a service that SGD should be providing.

Appreciate you saying that @Leopardus :)

• Gizmo pinned this topic

The main problem with the status page is, and this no critic, i love your work for the community, that it shows the status from the asking server of yours to the route of 3DX.

This is the status of one provider, one IP and one point of the internet.

Everyone here has different providers, different IP, Firewalls, anti-virus solutions and and and whatever more.

A local tool to check the status from where the user are ... would be more helpful .. just my two cent ;)

Edited by Jannick