3DXChat Community

Website to see actual 3DXChat server status

ColinDude

5 hours ago, JordLye said:

defintely not working at all for me. incorrect login

That means you’re getting a reply from the server, which means the server itself is up. Tried to reset your password? Next step is to contact support I guess.

3 hours ago, Leeloo said:

what are the infos in the graphic under the green light ?

That's a graph of the amount milliseconds that the "heartbeat check" took. The lower, the better. I just missed the server problems, but was it high? 

Edited by ColinDude

Latest changes:

• Added amount of visitors of this page in the chart. This could help identify server problems, as the status page is more popular when there are problems.
  • Added history page to get more historical stats
  • Made graph responsive aware

Cannot connect to server. In the last few days i had to click multiple times on login button just to get through and today that isnt working either. Uninstalled and reinstalled couple of times, deleted registry and folders, added to firewall whitellist and whatnot and still. Either i get cannot connect to server or i "get through" but i cannot load my world, displays incorrect amount of gold and ofc am not online... 

12 hours ago, Overfiend said:

are we still playing on a test server right now?

Yes. I also think there is no subscription charge still. There have been a couple of bugs which they are already aware of like the random orange text in chat sometimes, but they was quick to fix the other things like uploading to gallery, loading user worlds in editor, fixed buying xgold, getting daily xgold, and reset password. Plus they recovered quickly from the latest DDoS attack, and the new server solution seems to be doing it's job and not having regular disconnects like we were a few weeks ago.

While these past couple of months haven't been great, since we got this new server solution then things seem to be improving and thank you to the developers for working hard to get us to this point and being more transparent with updates on bug fixes and offering free game time. It is nice to know that the game is still under active development.

51 minutes ago, MidnightMist said:

While these past couple of months haven't been great, since we got this new server solution then things seem to be improving and thank you to the developers for working hard to get us to this point and being more transparent with updates on bug fixes and offering free game time. It is nice to know that the game is still under active development.

I agree with this. You do get a feeling they’re trying to get back on their feet after the downtime. 
I hope that they don’t stop though. 
And don’t just go ‘eh, good enough...’ at some point. 
I really hope they’ll keep improving. 

• 2 weeks later...

Attempt of detecting the kind of outage that is happening right now. Enhanced other stuff too:

• Added overall service status
  • Attempt to detect back-end outage (symptom: able to login, but disconnected immediately)
  • Uptime calculation now based on overall service (website, gameserver and back-end uptimes)
  • Added mouse-overs for some explanations
  • Changed Discord bot !serverstatus reply

image.thumb.png.4135720f4b6e8a5d2f312524004e6415.png

On 7/2/2020 at 12:38 PM, ColinDude said:

I created a status website for the 3DXChat servers.

It automatically updates every 5 minutes, and it'll tell you the actual server status without the hassle.

@Gizmo I hope you're OK with this. I ping the game server once every 5 minutes, from one central point. If you're not OK with it I'll take it offline. But I thought it could be helpful for all the users. :)

Check it out here: https://3dxchat-status.com/

image.thumb.png.00934eccb0d236d07f26de67c9fb28c6.png

Can it check login ability? Website is behind a captcha thingie. So you may be able to ping it and go green but cannot login though. Same with Client and DC Check, does it work?

1 minute ago, Feuermond said:

Can it check login ability? Website is behind a captcha thingie. So you may be able to ping it and go green but cannot login though. Same with Client and DC Check, does it work?

I can't check the login ability, because of that captcha thing unfortunately. What do you mean with client and DC check?

8 hours ago, ColinDude said:

I can't check the login ability, because of that captcha thing unfortunately. What do you mean with client and DC check?

Well, how do you check login into game ist possible? If the login is possible that there is not the immediately disconnect issue?

11 hours ago, CorbinAngelo said:

hey @ColinDude
excellent job this. You think it would be possible to do a 'Connected users' count?
An does 3dx have any sort of API's at all? 

Hey @CorbinAngelo :) No and no, unfortunately.

3 hours ago, Feuermond said:

Well, how do you check login into game ist possible? If the login is possible that there is not the immediately disconnect issue?

It's pretty technical and complicated. But it works for now. I don't use the login page on the website, I use the 3dxchat client for it.

3 hours ago, Babette said:

@ColinDude - really great work! Fantastic!

Just wondering if the Uptime should be updated continuously  - to me it looks like the value didn't change since the last status change - which would be a bit misleading...

It's a calculation, where I divide the amount of "positive checks" to the total amount of "checks". So as long as the oldest checks where good, and the newest are too, the calculated uptime remains the same. :)

Another update:

• Enhanced all charts (especially the tooltips)
  • Added overall outages to Outages page
  • Replaced History page with Statistics page
  • Added new stacked latency graph per service component
  • Added new latency graph per hour
  • Changed the way website latency is measured
  • Improved !statusinthischannel Discord bot command (the bot now sends a PM when lack of permissions, when not administrator, etc)

image.thumb.png.3fb7bd1bd39cf73a2ef0e398d662a0a0.png

image.thumb.png.d9b6490fba0af423d46798a57daf1ce9.png

Edited by ColinDude