3DXChat Community

Ghost Partner SOOO Needed

CaptSprite

Hello Gizmo (and Lisa),

I want to address the need for ghost partners.  As you know, a while back there was a tweak that you could get to have a ghost partner.  3DX decided to end that with one of the newer updates.  This decision completely destroyed a few aspects of the game.  BDSM, master/slave and just being able to have people on display in your club or room in devices that we created was destroyed.  Most of the sex devices/machines that people created had become inoperable and useless.  I still see rooms with devices from before that just don't work anymore. These devices allowed for kinky, freaky and sometimes demented sexual expression for those who wanted to participate.  I am also a builder of clubs, built 5 or 6 now and I had a bdsm cave that was full of great machines and the people loved it, ...all unusable now. 

You have pretty much turned this game into a dance club with sexual interaction dependent on conversing with people.  What I am saying is that if I want that much rejection I can go to a bar or club in real life.  HERE, I was able to express myself with my building of, well, anything I could think of.  Now anything I build must either fall into a few solo poses or rely on two people hooking up and doing it, which really is rare in this game.  It's just not the same.

I am sad to say that you took away from the game that we love.  I have lost some interest in building or creating much of anything anymore.  I am hoping you will find a creative and exciting way to bring back those fun, sexy, erotic devices that many of us built by installing a ghost partner.  And if you do, I'm sure it will be even better than the old tweak was.

Thanks for Listening,

CaptSprite

Hi Capt.,

I do not believe this will ever return to the game. Those ended with the 64 bit upgrade that happened last year, and while a number of things were ported over from Rochi's.dll, that was not. In addition, while some used them like you are speaking of, others used it in a way that they could virtually rape someone, who did not consent to such an act for their own amusement and pleasure. 

Hi John,

Virtually rape someone?  You will have to be more specific on that.  I have never, not even once, seen where one avi could control another avi using a ghost partner and "virtually rape them".  It doesn't make sense since the ghost partner is yours only and is invisible.  People who used the machines were 'voluntarily' using them and could opt out with the touch of a button.  So please explain what you mean by "virtual rape" against their will.  Cause, from what I have built, which is pretty extensive, ...it's not possible.

To add,

Yes, I know it ended with the 64 bit upgrade.  That doesn't change the fact that it took away from game, overall making it more like the Red Light District game which is more of a dance club video game.  Creativity was lessened by the removal of the ghost partner.  No other way to say it.

There are so many better ways to use props than ghost partners.

I also don't understand the "Virtual Rape" thing either. If you have to agree to partnering and you can end it at anytime and even Iggy if your so worked up about something, that certainly isn't "Rape."

Rape is nonconsensual and having power over another who is a helpless victim through force or intimidation. That simply cannot occur in 3DX.

Then there is the ultimate failsafe. Click on the little X and the experience ceases.

Edited by THX

The ‘Virtual Rape’ aspect came from the fact that someone with a Ghost Partner tricked the game into thinking any Pairing they went in was a 3some. 

In a Threesome only 2 of the participants need to agree on a pose. The 3rd just goes along for the ride. 

The invisible ‘ghost’ partner auto-agreed to any pose. So someone with one active could override the Accept Decline mechanism of the other real player in the pairing. 

So from personal experience. I partnered with a guy to be able to sit down on a couch together, but one click from him later my avatar is getting bent over said couch and is taking it up the ass. 
To clarify, I did Not at any point during this get a Accept/Decline pop up. He had full control over the pose selection after I accepted the Partnering. 
That is what people call ‘Virtual Rape.’

Yes I could click Stop Sex and get away, but it was still upsetting to have a pose/sex forced on me. 

Edited by Derai

Let me preemptively react to a common comment I get when talking about this. 

“It isn’t ‘Rape’ because you accepted the Partner Request, so you gave consent!”

For this I have a simple Real Life example. 

I’m at a bar, and someone offers me a drink. 
I join them at the bar and accept that drink. 
Next thing I know their hand is on my ass or up my skirt. 

That action then is unwanted, and I did not consent to it. 

“But you accepted their drink. And joined them!” Some say. 

Yes, yes I did. I accepted the Drink, and the offer for some company. That doesn’t mean they can grope me. 

“But you can simply walk away!”

Yes, I can. But that doesn’t erase the memory of their hand up my skirt. So I’m allowed to be upset. 

While I agree with a rape argument and that it is very nasty thing, I still want devs to add some feature that will let us construct and use devices, like before, if we are not getting the pose editor. 

Gizmo refused to add ghost partner because of pose editor:

So now we end up without sex devices because we can't use ghost partner and also without pose editor. 

1 minute ago, Xizl said:

While I agree with a rape argument and that it is very nasty thing, I still want devs to add some feature that will let us construct and use devices, like before, if we are not getting the pose editor. 

Gizmo refused to add ghost partner because of pose editor:

So now we end up without sex devices because we can't use ghost partner and also without pose editor. 

Oh I absolutely agree with that part. 
I actually used the Ghost partner feature a lot for Screenshots and poses. 

Just patch out the Exploit part and we’re golden. 

This was not planned to be like this from Senpei @Rochi ! It was sadly an terrible side-effect that has got the name "Rape-Cheat" in the past of the 32bit - client !

It is forced in Virtual  for me not having the option to  "NO/Decline" 

But I have friends who trust me and I trust them also! I would really like to have an "Auto-Accept" option for me and my partners having sex! It was much more immersive to jump over the "Accept/Decline" option !

Back to ..

@CaptSprite You are absolutelly right ! This Ghost feature was simply amazing for Builders and many still miss this feature! 

But what can we except when they are not willing to add even colour customization for clothes like from the 32-bit dll ?

Thanks @Xizl was searching for this !

17 minutes ago, Rodin said:

This was not planned to be like this from Senpei @Rochi ! It was sadly an terrible side-effect that has got the name "Rape-Cheat" in the past of the 32bit - client !

This. 
It was a great tool, that sadly got misused by some, and got a bad reputation because of it. 

16 hours ago, CaptSprite said:

Hi John,

Virtually rape someone?  You will have to be more specific on that.  I have never, not even once, seen where one avi could control another avi using a ghost partner and "virtually rape them". 

14 hours ago, THX said:

I also don't understand the "Virtual Rape" thing either. If you have to agree to partnering and you can end it at anytime and even Iggy if your so worked up about something, that certainly isn't "Rape."

Even if you never saw it, there was a way because it happened to me.

I was quietly kissing a woman with who i was partnered then suddenly, without any request or warning, both our avatars were separated and mine was sucking an invisible penis while she was getting "virtually raped" (maybe the term is a bit rough but i see no other way to call it) by an invisible avatar. Also, sometimes someone could remove our clothes, not me or her, but someone else.

Though, i agree on one point, if devs was making a "ghost partner" i think there would not be the possibility to endure the same thing as Rochi's was an "autorized" hack of the dll.

Edited by Leeloo

12 hours ago, Derai said:

Oh I absolutely agree with that part. 
I actually used the Ghost partner feature a lot for Screenshots and poses. 

Just patch out the Exploit part and we’re golden. 

Yes!  Derai, that is what I'm talking about.  There are a lot of devs, like myself, out there who want the creativity with the devices back, but NONE of us want the virtual rape thing to occur.  This is why I believe that if Gizmo makes the "ghost partner" or whatever they want to call it, they can easily eliminate the 'virtual rape' with one or two lines of code. 

@CaptSprite It is sad 3DX has become mostly about dancing now and much less about sexual interaction.  Sure, there is sex in most every room but not like there used to be.  Now you go in rooms and see a lot of dancing, when you used to see a lot of sex.

I also had built a number of unique single-person BDSM pose items which all became useless when we could no longer use Rochi's DLL.

By "virtually rape" it is meant, you could make an invisible bot, then invite a real person to Partner.  Once the person accepted, you then deleted the invisible bot and somehow could put the other person in poses without the person seeing, or needing to accept, pose invites.  However, I must point out that the other person could ALWAYS just click the "Quit Sex" button at any moment they chose to do so.  Therefore, no one could be virtually raped, as JohnFuzzy erroneously claimed.

I also want to have invisible bots added, or some other way implemented, so we can use single-person BDSM pose items again.

Edited by pretty

Thank you pretty, for explaining this quite nicely.  A simple click of a button ended it.  But, if 3DX made something like a ghost partner I believe it would be even better and without the virtual rape part. 

I love seeing my designs and creations in other peeps rooms.  I think 3dx could help creativity by allowing us to pose our avi's in many ways like a "pose editor".  Oh wait, they already promised that and haven't delivered.... come on 3dx we need more than dancing.

17 hours ago, Derai said:

Let me preemptively react to a common comment I get when talking about this. 

“It isn’t ‘Rape’ because you accepted the Partner Request, so you gave consent!”

For this I have a simple Real Life example. 

I’m at a bar, and someone offers me a drink. 
I join them at the bar and accept that drink. 
Next thing I know their hand is on my ass or up my skirt. 

That action then is unwanted, and I did not consent to it. 

“But you accepted their drink. And joined them!” Some say. 

Yes, yes I did. I accepted the Drink, and the offer for some company. That doesn’t mean they can grope me. 

“But you can simply walk away!”

Yes, I can. But that doesn’t erase the memory of their hand up my skirt. So I’m allowed to be upset. 

That isn't rape. That is being molested. That is not the same thing as rape, nor is the analogy logical.

To be analogous, you would gave to accept the idea of sex by agreeing to it. Then if you had a hand up your skirt it shouldn't come as any suprise. In 3DX, you have to agree to accept a request. It should come as no surprise that a sex pose may be used. 

Unlike your analogy were a hand up your skirt at a bar was not agreed too, nor did you consent to it that cannot happen in 3DX. A person HAS to say yes to a sex partnering before a sex pose happens. This is where personal responsibility comes in.

It's  rather simple. You don't want a sex pose with someone...then don't accept a partnering. Take some responsibility for your choices. We all should.

Edited by THX

11 minutes ago, THX said:

That isn't rape. That is being molested. That is not the same thing as rape, nor is the analogy logical.

To be analogous, you would gave to accept the idea of sex by agreeing to it. Then if you had a hand up your skirt it shouldn't come as any suprise. In 3DX, you have to agree to accept a request. It should come as no surprise that a sex pose may be used. 

Unlike your analogy were a hand up your skirt at a bar was not agreed too, nor did you consent to it that cannot happen in 3DX. A person HAS to say yes to a sex partnering before a sex pose happens. This is where personal responsibility comes in.

It's  rather simple. You don't want a sex pose with someone...then don't accept a partnering. Take some responsibility for your choices. We all should

It's not a "sex partnering", it's simply a partnering. It includes non sexual poses as well.

No need to justify filth.

4 hours ago, CaptSprite said:

Thank you pretty, for explaining this quite nicely.  A simple click of a button ended it.  But, if 3DX made something like a ghost partner I believe it would be even better and without the virtual rape part. 

I love seeing my designs and creations in other peeps rooms.  I think 3dx could help creativity by allowing us to pose our avi's in many ways like a "pose editor".  Oh wait, they already promised that and haven't delivered.... come on 3dx we need more than dancing.

Dancing, building, and just chatting are now more popular than sex.  Which is sad because this is supposed to be a sex venue.  The developers need to give us things which will help us explore fantasies and kinks other than, "Here are some sex poses.  If you want more than that, be descriptive with your text.".

5 minutes ago, Xizl said:

It's not a "sex partnering", it's simply a partnering. It includes non sexual poses as well.

What is being talked about is sex specifically, and THX is correct.  It is not rape and people need to take some responsibility for their own choices.  Only snowflakes whine about "he raped me by using an invisible bot", when it was not even rape by any definition of the word.

1 minute ago, pretty said:

What is being talked about is sex specifically, and THX is correct.  It is not rape and people need to take some responsibility for their own choices.  Only snowflakes whine about "he raped me by using an invisible bot", when it was not even rape by any definition of the word.

I don't care if it is a rape or not. I know that it's nasty, unfair and was making many people feel bad.

And it has nothing to do with responsibility. When I accept a partnership I expect that game will ask me to accept poses and will work how it should. I am not responsible for other people abusing a hack.

Only bigots using word "snowflake" to attack others.

20 minutes ago, Xizl said:

Only the foolish would accept the possibility of sex poses and be suprised one was used.

In places like RLC literally millions of people over the last 15 years have used the system where if you agree to partnering either person can choose one without needing to negotiate. And those millions of people were able to know better than to partner if they didn't want the possibility of a sex pose used on them.

This is 3rd grade level personal responsibility.

Edited by THX

8 minutes ago, Xizl said:

I don't care if it is a rape or not. I know that it's nasty, unfair and was making many people feel bad.

And it has nothing to do with responsibility. When I accept a partnership I expect that game will ask me to accept poses and will work how it should. I am not responsible for other people abusing a hack.

Only bigots using word "snowflake" to attack others.

LOL.  No.  You're just being a snowflake and you don't want to own up to it.  *builds the little snowflake a safe space*

5 hours ago, THX said:

It's  rather simple. You don't want a sex pose with someone...then don't accept a partnering. Take some responsibility for your choices. We all should.

You are right. It isn’t rape. 
And the analogy tried to clarify that. 

Let me put it very simply for you so there can be no translation errors. 

If I accept a Partner Request, it’s my CHOICE. 
At all times I have the option to click Stop Sex and walk away. 
But it remains my CHOICE to click Accept  or Decline on any pose my partner offers. 
The hack took that Choice away from me. 
That is the upsetting part. 

And again it’s not even close to actually being molested or raped. 
But it IS annoying and upsetting. 

Even if I agree to sex by partnering. 
I need the Control over my Own avatar. 
Period. 

6 hours ago, THX said:

In places like RLC literally millions of people over the last 15 years have used the system where if you agree to partnering either person can choose one without needing to negotiate. And those millions of people were able to know better than to partner if they didn't want the possibility of a sex pose used on them.

Yes, and there is a difference.

3dxchat is not RLC and works other way. If partnership in 3dxchat would work the same way it works in RLC people would know that by accepting partnership they are accepting the fact that their partner may use any pose they wish without needing any confirmation. But in 3dxchat system works the other way and when a person accepts partnership they expect that game will work how it should work, how devs made it work. People expect that they will be asked about confirmation of a pose. So yes, people have their reasons to be surprised, upset and complain in this case.

Telling that it's their responsibility is the same way as if you would tell me that when I am playing a ranked match in competitive game and getting matched against a cheater – it's my responsibility and I have no rights to complain and no reason to be upset. But I have. And it's not my responsibility if some dickhead playing with cheats. He is using the game not by the same rules as any regular player. He is breaking the game and abuse it,  ruining other people's experience. So it's only his responsibility and he should be punished for it. Same goes about people who misused Rochi's dll.  

6 hours ago, pretty said:

LOL.  No.  You're just being a snowflake and you don't want to own up to it.  *builds the little snowflake a safe space*

I am glad that you built a safespace for yourself, good job. Now you will have a nice and comfy place where you will be able to run away from all these nasty "trolls" who dare to disagree with your positions. I am happy for you.