3DXChat Community

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is not my first experience with DDOS.  It appears to me that some people take great joy in taking down another's game. In another virtual world, I was accountant for a music stream provider.

Of course they are traceble, but that would gain nothing. DDoS-Attacks happens with a bot net, which you can buy for a few bucks in the Darknet, every Script Kiddie can make a DDoS-Attack nowaday

They couldn't have delayed, they had to get the game up, and under the new DDoS protection. Then wait for the next attack so that the protection provider can see the actual malicious traffic and begin

Posted Images

1 minute ago, LilMissMolly said:

I am patient. I just want to log in and have things working again. If it means a few down days, so be it.

I'm not normally very patient, but when things are out of  my control I don't allow myself to stress over it....it's wasted energy that I  can be using cleaning my clean home lol

2 hours ago, ColinDude said:

I created a status website for the 3DXChat servers.

Check it out here: https://3dxchat-status.com/ 

It's automatically updated every 5 minutes, and it'll tell you the actual server status without the hassle. :)

In fact 3dxchat.com is not active, like Lisa announced: The side it there but without login functionality. So... it's down too, only the forum is up.

Just now, Feuermond said:

In fact 3dxchat.com is not active, like Lisa announced: The side it there but without login functionality. So... it's down too, only the forum is up.

Yeah I know. But in previous DDoSses the website itself went down too. Unfortunately it's impossible for me to automate the test of the back-end (the members only part), because of that Google CAPTCHA thingey. :(

1 hour ago, Etanazzi said:

Because ddos protection is difficult and expensive (you cna't just only pay for the protection when getting ddosed.) It's infrastructure you have to pay up front for and support.

They hadn't needed it before so they, understandably, didn't want to pay for it.

They then waited far too long to start to implement it, but that's water under the bridge and they most likely waited to see if the attackers would give up. I admittedly don't know for sure they're finally implementing it, but the new server solution most likely includes DDoS protection. DDoS protection providers routinely ask admins not to mention they've been hired if the attack is in progress or likely to occur again because it can tip off the DDoSer as to what countermeasures to employ.

As far as I know they don't employ any professional developers. DDoS protection often involves hardening the server code with fast fail parsing of incoming messages and well defined data structure for data traffic. Considering the game's history as a small shop this is most likely not the case right now.

It will take time to get the DDoS protection up and running.

Hi. I'm not a tecnician and i understand just a few about the DDOS attack the servers are supporting. And i hope the 3DXXhat Staff is doing the best to solve the problem. But, consent me, i'm a little bit angry for i payed a whole year, before the attack, and even if i still believe in 3DX i have some doubts and no one has been able to explain me how things are running... During the COVID pandemy lockdown, @Gyzmo and @Lisa and the whole staff proposed to ppl to join 3DX Chat experience. And i know (sorry i KNOW this) lots of ppl joined the game (this means money earned because this is not a beta game and this is not a "free game"). Ofc this kept the server to have more guests, and ofc the DDOS risk was growing up with the quantity of ppl joining the game. In my opinion the risk of attacks from "different sources" has been understimate, and they didnt think enough to prevent. But, after the 1st attack, i thought they would provide a protection. And @Lisa said they were testing a new server. If the attacks would go on, all the ppl would be moved to the nw server and this HAS  (Lisa's words not mine) a better protection from DDOS attacks. This happened fot the 3rd time last Week End, so if Lisa told the truth, we should be all on the new Server. 

Now she told the server is under attack again (yesterday)... So i have LOTS of doubts: are we on the new server? if yes, the protection is not enough or there is something that she and the whole staff is avoiding to tell us? if we are not in the new server, why?  Some information are still missing and ppl have the right to be angry, for some informations are MISSING. and this is a fact. So please, before ppl become really angry against 3DX, tell us the truth and give the info ppl need. Or i'm sure, lots of ppl will be angry and the risk they will leave is really and truly high.

Sorry for bothering you all. Have a great day

2 minutes ago, Schala said:

But, consent me, i'm a little bit angry for i payed a whole year, before the attack, and even if i still believe in 3DX i have some doubts and no one has been able to explain me how things are running...

You don't have to fear about the time you paid for. The devs froze the subscriptions so, if you paid for one year and have play one month (11 months left), when the game will be fully fixed you will still have your 11 months left. 

Like i understood what gizmo said yesterday in world chat (or in another thread i don't remember) first we will have 7 days for free, then everyday we will have one day for free. So if it work this way really, when the game will be fixed, you will have 11 months plus 7days.