3DXChat Community

2 minutes ago, Etanazzi said:

Yes, but what's your motivation, what are you hoping to gain?

What's your goal?

Since you dodged the question again, I'll put forth my own hypothesis.

You say you play the game so I'll assume you enjoy it.

Your dedication to posting about the downtime so much implies you care greatly by it.

You gain pleasure from mocking the things you care about because they have disappointed your arbitrarily set expectations.

Do you do this with those around you too? If so, then how has that worked out for you?

If I've made an incorrect estimation of your goals. Then I apologize, please correct me.

why do you need to do something for some reason? who said that it should be so?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is not my first experience with DDOS.  It appears to me that some people take great joy in taking down another's game. In another virtual world, I was accountant for a music stream provider.

Of course they are traceble, but that would gain nothing. DDoS-Attacks happens with a bot net, which you can buy for a few bucks in the Darknet, every Script Kiddie can make a DDoS-Attack nowaday

They couldn't have delayed, they had to get the game up, and under the new DDoS protection. Then wait for the next attack so that the protection provider can see the actual malicious traffic and begin

Posted Images

I guess people can discuss here like crazy. It would not help the server at all. The ddos attacks are still here and we have to be patient. Kinda sad, i told above, what much people probably said before. The community supports this game every month with so much money, why we dont have a ddos protection on the server. Im sorry, i dont get it. ~

Its just something what i think, what i ask myself. I dont wanna offend anything. Hopefully everything goes good soon. Miss you all in game. 😥

https://3dxchat-status.com/ < The status, btw. :)

Edited by LostMelody
Just now, Lullaby said:

why do you need to do something for some reason? who said that it should be so?

When your actions have potential real world consequences you should have a reason to state them.

Statements influence people; they can cause people to get fed up and cancel their subs, which would place pressure on the devs to cave into the demands of the DDoSer if it's an extortion attack. If it's an attack just to kill the game then your actions are contributing.

These statements (not just yours) were already causing everyone to bash on the devs and talk about cancelling, before I gave a rather heroic speech and rallyed people not act rashly or stupidly. I'm a narcissist too you see, and I did this because I enjoy the game and don't want it to die.

You are actively furthering the goals of the DDoSers.

So I'll ask two questions.

1: Do you want the game to die? Even if it isn't the "goal"

2: What other motivation is so great that you would be willing to harm 3dxchat in order to accomplish it?

Have to work in few hours "fotunatelly". So I dont have to suffer this misery. It´s like neverendig story.

A: "Why is there no ddos protection?"

B: "It´s not possible to protect the server against ddos attacks!"

😄 "Oh! But why is there no protection?"

😧 "Cause it´s not possible."

E: "I pay for the game. So why the devs dont implement a protection?"

tumblr_lhtv2xL2DS1qc43f9o1_500.gif

Edited by Freedom Fighta
5 minutes ago, LostMelody said:

I guess people can discuss here like crazy. It would not help the server at all. The ddos attacks are still here and we have to be patient. Kinda sad, i told above, what much people probably said before. The community supports this game every month with so much money, why we dont have a ddos protection on the server. Im sorry, i dont get it. ~

Its just something what i think, what i ask myself. I dont wanna offend anything. Hopefully everything goes good soon. Miss you all in game. 😥

https://3dxchat-status.com/ < The status, btw. :)

Because ddos protection is difficult and expensive (you cna't just only pay for the protection when getting ddosed.) It's infrastructure you have to pay up front for and support.

They hadn't needed it before so they, understandably, didn't want to pay for it.

They then waited far too long to start to implement it, but that's water under the bridge and they most likely waited to see if the attackers would give up. I admittedly don't know for sure they're finally implementing it, but the new server solution most likely includes DDoS protection. DDoS protection providers routinely ask admins not to mention they've been hired if the attack is in progress or likely to occur again because it can tip off the DDoSer as to what countermeasures to employ.

As far as I know they don't employ any professional developers. DDoS protection often involves hardening the server code with fast fail parsing of incoming messages and well defined data structure for data traffic. Considering the game's history as a small shop this is most likely not the case right now.

It will take time to get the DDoS protection up and running.

1 minute ago, Etanazzi said:

When your actions have potential real world consequences you should have a reason to state them.

Statements influence people; they can cause people to get fed up and cancel their subs, which would place pressure on the devs to cave into the demands of the DDoSer if it's an extortion attack. If it's an attack just to kill the game then your actions are contributing.

These statements (not just yours) were already causing everyone to bash on the devs and talk about cancelling, before I gave a rather heroic speech and rallyed people not act rashly or stupidly. I'm a narcissist too you see, and I did this because I enjoy the game and don't want it to die.

You are actively furthering the goals of the DDoSers.

So I'll ask two questions.

1: Do you want the game to die? Even if it isn't the "goal"

2: What other motivation is so great that you would be willing to harm 3dxchat in order to accomplish it?

I repeat for the third time ... I call a spade a spade ... and shit I call shit ... or do you want to say that the 3dx administration’s work is commendable? no ... the server is still not working ... nobody knows what is happening ... it's a fact! what is the problem? Or do you propose to say what good fellows they are, what generally work? I don’t think so ... they do their job poorly ... and if people leave this project, the reason will be not my words ... a server that’s not working is the problem

I'm not checking the thing with the DDOS completely ..... my servers have already been attacked. Settings in the firewall (iptables) and moving the attacked port and installing some tools ... (for me fail2ban) have ended the attack. As far as I can remember the hosts (Hoster) usually offer help with DDOS.

Edited by Danadany
Just now, Lullaby said:

I repeat for the third time ... I call a spade a spade ... and shit I call shit ... or do you want to say that the 3dx administration’s work is commendable? no ... the server is still not working ... nobody knows what is happening ... it's a fact! what is the problem? Or do you propose to say what good fellows they are, what generally work? I don’t think so ... they do their job poorly ... and if people leave this project, the reason will be not my words ... a server that’s not working is the problem

You're dodging the questions again.

The problem was clearly stated, your comments further the goals of the DDoS attackers. That's the problem.

Why do you want to act in a way that, at least appears, to be counter to your goals?

Do you have self-destructive tendencies? That's not an insult. I'm genuinely concerned for you. And that means something since, like I said, I'm a narcissist.