3DXChat Community
Maxinejuicer

DDoS Attack again !

1 minute ago, Osira said:

Well we've had a little DDOS hiccup again, they're hard at work to fix it

Even harder when we know the source

DDOS  Denial of service attack with requests to log on and server fails trying to accomodate the requests

U know natalya i think you should be banned if the ones u sit here and accuse are innocent

9 minutes ago, Kuzuri said:

Hi everyone ! Sooo, I guess from the comments that the game is still inaccessible? 😟

It was only briefly accessible.

1 minute ago, Osira said:

Well we've had a little DDOS hiccup again, they're hard at work to fix it

I saw that, what a pain ... I just wanted to know if we had had more news since ^^
I hope that this story will be quickly settled, I started the game at the end of last week, I could play it only one evening while I had taken a subscription of a year.
In terms of the start of a game, it's not top top ...
Of course, zero charges against the game team, good luck to them to resolve this problem as soon as possible!

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Nique said:

U know natalya i think you should be banned if the ones u sit here and accuse are innocent

Her accusation makes about as much sense as some wild JFK assassination conspiracy theory. Too complicated. We all know it was Talon Harvey Oswald up in that book suppository.

Edited by Coldheart

1 minute ago, Kuzuri said:

I saw that, what a pain ... I just wanted to know if we had had more news since ^^
I hope that this story will be quickly settled, I started the game at the end of last week, I could play it only one evening while I had taken a subscription of a year.
In terms of the start of a game, it's not top top ...
Of course, zero charges against the game team, good luck to them to resolve this problem as soon as possible!

We did. Game up! ... And back down. They brought the server down themselves... so it sounds like an improvement?

1 minute ago, redheadrider said:

We did. Game up! ... And back down. They brought the server down themselves... so it sounds like an improvement?

I saw that, I was able to connect for an hour last night, I left because I had an evening with friends, and when I came back a few hours later ... Bim, server down !

This is not my first experience with DDOS.  It appears to me that some people take great joy in taking down another's game.

In another virtual world, I was accountant for a music stream provider.  It is not like the company was making big $$.  The first time, we changed the IP and cleaned up the mess...it lasted less that a week before the attack started again.  We had made some changes, but it wasn't enough.  The second time, we changed servers, the third time, we moved to a new data center.  The fourth and last time, the data center made some magic with a another server that the attacks went to before the primary server.  I am not a server expert, I am merely saying that sometimes, especially with a small company, it takes more than one change to protect against DDOS.  Bad mouthing Lisa, Gizmo or the devs is just sour grapes.  I am sure they are doing the best they can, every day we do without building (cause I know this isn't a sex game right?), they are losing money cause they are fighting the DDOS, paying $$ to try to correct the situation, losing members, not allowing new members to join and prolly the hardest thing ever to recover from: they are losing their reputation:(

Just my .02, for what it is worth.

Merci  beaucoup Natalya . Nous aussi on t'aime 😍🥰

56 minutes ago, Natalya said:

I do think Lisa made a great point in 3DX. Maybe French should be banned, most of "off gang" is French, so it only makes sense.

/me sent you a french kiss

I totally agree with you, devs are probably pulling their hair to make the game work again.

The only thing that would be great for us players is to get a short regular report (every 12 hours ?) stating how it goes so we don't try to login in vain. I myself managed to play the game yesterday evening for an hour or so, after I left I couldn't login anymore but on forum there's no news since that brief message from Lisa saying ddos again… but that's 11 hours ago

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, MidnightMist said:

The first DDoS attack a few weeks back was understandable which took several days for 3DX to come back online. I was optimistic during that downtime that measures had been taken to protect against future attacks. Then for weeks after the DDoS attack the server becomes unstable and disconnects regularly (why peak times became such a problem for the server only after the DDoS attacks and not before the DDoS attack seems strange), where the developers are working on a new server solution which we are told is coming soon, but no one is sure when, until another DDoS takes down the old server and corrupts the data so they rush out the new server still in testing ahead of schedule which also gets DDoS’d.

It just feels like they learned nothing from the first DDoS attack. Will this become a regular thing where every few weeks a DDoS attack brings the whole game to its knees? First time is understandable, but the same repeated issue over and over and the hugely unstable server for like 1-2 months (maybe more) I can see why people are getting pissed off and losing faith in the developers. I know DDoS attacks are difficult to defend against, but lots of companies, especially large companies face lots of DDoS attack every single day, but they have invested the time into mitigating the problems otherwise they would lose customers to competitors.

The unstable server after the first DDoS can have 2 reasons: They ran on lower sized backup system or there was an active DDoS protection like e.g. by Cloudflare which simply locked the server when attack patterns have been detected. That can happen especially in times with many users online because some "high traffic" detection kicked in. locked the server and that's why we got DC but could login right again often. Longer lasting down, like 30 minutes, maybe have been automatic server reboots. They could have been DDoS related or not.

With Build 419 I guess SGD thought the problem is solved and took down, maybe for financial reasons because 3rd party support is expensive, and then the DDoS kicked in right again because it never really was over.

That’s a way to explain what happened: The DDoS attack never was over but there was 3rd party protection.

What I agree on: Why was there no fallback to Build 418 with the DC issue but, which was compared to now, a playable game, a situation that was heaven? How could they think a high scaled DDoS attack can be defended by simple means? (The down pattern we face right now are the same as the ones which shot 419 down: No login, sticking client on changing rooms. It seems not the game is attacked but the authorization service.)

Result: We have 3DXChat down, new system does not help as promised which was what I expected because I know what happens with announced big feature upgrades. 😜

Edited by Feuermond

1 minute ago, Meowww said:

Morning all 😘

Server again down?

No, it's still down. No communications from SexGameDevil what they do. They only said another DDoS. Think they are helpless and have no idea what to do.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Stupid hacker..... grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Sin said:

Even tipanddonation was under attack DDoS yesterday 🤔

Well, I think also other games like Chathouse 3D are attacked, it is very slowly. Difference to 3DX is they keep running which means either they are not attacked that hard or have a way better protection. Asking me it's explanation no 2.

Edited by Feuermond