3DXChat Community

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is not my first experience with DDOS.  It appears to me that some people take great joy in taking down another's game. In another virtual world, I was accountant for a music stream provider.

Of course they are traceble, but that would gain nothing. DDoS-Attacks happens with a bot net, which you can buy for a few bucks in the Darknet, every Script Kiddie can make a DDoS-Attack nowaday

They couldn't have delayed, they had to get the game up, and under the new DDoS protection. Then wait for the next attack so that the protection provider can see the actual malicious traffic and begin

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Ms.Dani said:

Did they seriously allow the test server to be available, and not have it protected by better security from another DDoS attack?
WTF?🤬🤬🤬🤬

Really....

Just now, christyxox said:

there are bound to be solutions otherwise the world would already collapse for a long time ... the banks would be bankrupt and under attack all the time

Christy, it seems they are not putting in the effort of those other businesses.

3 minutes ago, DouceAlizee said:

None can offer security in a worldwide allowed game

Huge companies are unable to stop it, why would the team be super heroes?

just look you fl and ask yourself who is hidden now

Myself and others have mentioned how it works several times. The peasants just can't be bothered to get past hurling insults.
The number of "internet security experts" here is absolutely astounding.

4 minutes ago, rhet said:

Myself and others have mentioned how it works several times. The peasants just can't be bothered to get past hurling insults.
The number of "internet security experts" here is absolutely astounding.

It is not a question of being expert or not.
They just had a DDOS attack.

Have they made new servers without a minimum of protection?

So if AN IDIOT knows how to do DDOS attack, can this idiot decide the end of a game and a software house ???

It is not possible that there are no protections.

1 minute ago, Meowww said:

So if AN IDIOT knows how to do DDOS attack, can this idiot decide the end of a game and a software house ???

Are you expert and could you productively help?

1 minute ago, DouceAlizee said:

Are you expert and could you productively help?

You read I say I'm expert or you need glasses????

ANSWER AT THIS QUESTION:

Edited by Meowww
1 hour ago, Maxinejuicer said:

I not sure what is going on, but DDoS Attacks are traceable and legal. 

Are they tracing theses DDoS attacks ?

or are we going to need to let this keep happening.

Of course they are traceble, but that would gain nothing.

DDoS-Attacks happens with a bot net, which you can buy for a few bucks in the Darknet, every Script Kiddie can make a DDoS-Attack nowadays. With this thousands of computers, most of them totally unaware, they are attacking the server with requests. That happens, because they are infected with some kind of malware, trojan or virus.

A possibility would be to block any IP adress which attacks... but with thousands of them (and IP adresses changes), you will come to a point, that you also block legal users. And then maybe the attackers get another bot net, which they bought in the Darknet, and it happens again.

So: Only solution is a fucking good server with the power to block that shit AND remain online, and this is not cheap... or the script kiddies get bored.

Let's hope for the best! Good luck, Gizmo!

Edited by Astariel
Just now, Meowww said:

It's also possible that DDoS protections are not a turnkey solution since this isn't standard web traffic or a well-known server.
It's also possible they need time to train the protection against the type of attacks they're getting but also not prevent the legitimate traffic.
It's also possible these need to be set up over again in the new datacenter that they just moved to.

There's a crapton of variables here that none of us here know the answer to, that's just a few examples. Whinging and moaning and hurling insults isn't going to make it any better.
If I were supporting people like this crowd, I would probably quit my job and work somewhere else.