3DXChat Community

Bug reports since patch 420

ColinDude

6 minutes ago, NicciW said:

Is there really any hope when the same problem will happen again and again and again?

Nicci I do doubt it very !  especially if there is no protection , the game wil be unplayable , but I am far from technical, is just my opinion as noob ! 

2 minutes ago, NicciW said:

How do bigger things survive? I can imagine a lot of competition will attack a specific genre of game so they can say "hey that game is down why not play ours its similar?" There has to be a way to properly prevent it or all these bigger companies would be having issues daily too

I think for them, they have a larger number of servers, so in the event of a DDoS, they can push the load onto their otherones.

I know in WoW when DDoS attacks happened, Blizz gave a heads up, and it might be wonky and laggy to get on, but everything worked again in short order

3 minutes ago, Jule1988 said:

How did they know who was DDoS'ing them? I read a reply on here a bit ago that you can't find who started them.. but if they can 3DX should be pressing charges

8 minutes ago, NicciW said:

How do bigger things survive? I can imagine a lot of competition will attack a specific genre of game so they can say "hey that game is down why not play ours its similar?" There has to be a way to properly prevent it or all these bigger companies would be having issues daily too

they have more ressources, more backups, 2 way authifications also help, but even biggers can suffer from thoses attacks it just harder and longer to put them down, Microsoft did, Sony did, Steam did even Blizzard. no one is really protected. but people still think their's a magic shield that protect against DDOS. reality isn't as simple. bigger servers ? make the attack bigger will get down in the end.

Edited by TerryScrew

Just now, Snick said:

I think for them, they have a larger number of servers, so in the event of a DDoS, they can push the load onto their otherones.

I know in WoW when DDoS attacks happened, Blizz gave a heads up, and it might be wonky and laggy to get on, but everything worked again in short order

They also likely have dedicated engineers at larger companies who are proactively 'training' the protection mechanisms.
DDoS protection isn't just 'let's turn this thing on.' It has to know which requests are legitimate and which are not and for something small and unusual as this game it probably has to be done by hand until it's 'smart' enough.

Just now, NicciW said:

How did they know who was DDoS'ing them? I read a reply on here a bit ago that you can't find who started them.. but if they can 3DX should be pressing charges

They can be found.  The big problem depends on which nation they are in, going through proper channels to get the authorities in that nation (and state if there is one) to go arrest them, etc, etc.

"At the time, a Twitter account calling itself UKDrillas claimed responsibility for the attack against Blizzard as well as a DDoS attack which briefly overloaded Wikipedia. Prior to Twitter disabling its account, UKDrillas posted a series of tweets bragging about its attacks."
Turns out the DDoS'er was just an idiot

1 minute ago, rhet said:

They also likely have dedicated engineers at larger companies who are proactively 'training' the protection mechanisms.

Either way, most of it i think is beyond 3DX thus leaving us playing the forum game again 😂

.... Oh i wanna smack this DDoS'er around some....

Think it exist much ways and how good/bad  the person/s are  also if anyone Hack a Server , you can find out the IP of the person if the one doesnt protected /hide it with different servers/ips and the stuff.

if anyone wrote in a forum or so , they ddos this and this game or wrote it , they can check it too.

But that must do IT Experts /Police and these stuff.