3DXChat Community

Bug reports since patch 420

ColinDude

if those idiots could DDoS their own ass we all would appreciate that instead of ruining everyone else time. those frustrated pricks should put their weiner in a door frame and slam the door shut on it.

Hope ya read me whoever you are. you worth shit. Pray your ass we don't find you.

Edit @Meowww you can't fully protect a server from a DDoS just deviate the attack momentarily, but in the end you still need to shut the server to avoid damage.

Edited by TerryScrew

1 minute ago, TerryScrew said:

if those idiots could DDoS their own ass we all would appreciate that instead of ruining everyone else time. those frustrated pricks should put their weiner in a door frame and slam the door shut on it.

Hope ya read me whoever you are. you worth shit. Pray your ass we don't find you.

That wouldn't affect them... nobody who spends this much time harming something like 3dx has a big enough weiner to do that

Just now, NicciW said:

Nope another DDoS attack

Sorry but the people they work on the Servers are Stupid .

It exist Game Server they are Ddos Protected, Why dont rent a Server with ddos protection?.

If that happen again and again and again and again and again?

https://www.ovh.com/world/anti-ddos/game.xml

if that happen allways and the server are more offline as online ,the Game will lost subscripper more and more ^^.

10 minutes ago, NicciW said:

Yeah... It requires a certain amount of knowledge to do this

In simple terms ...

Not really. $15-30 buys a week-long DDoS attack on any number of dark web sites. Sure, you need to know how to access the "dark web", but that's about 5 minutes of Googling. That's all you need to know to get an attack purchased. Giving payment to a shady dark web operator does usually require BitCoin or similar though.

Then the person with access to the scripts on the thousands of infected machines, gets their $, spends a few minutes doing terminal commands on their machine to send instructions out to all those listeners, and voila ... DDoS begins whenever the buyer asked it to start.

Edited by MissAshleyTG

1 minute ago, Jule1988 said:

It exist Game Server they are Ddos Protected, Why dont rent a Server with ddos protection?.

if that happen allways and the server are more offline as online ,the Game will lost subscripper more and more ^^.

Just to point out something on that page...it has a list of compatible games. 3dx ain't on it. And it isn't going to be on any out of the box solution.

2 minutes ago, Jule1988 said:

Really!!!!

Agree at 100% 

Just now, Jule1988 said:

Well it cant go on like this !  1- 2 hours up ? DDos attack and back to zero again ? cant imagine there is not any good protection in 2020 ?  I am far from technical but this is seriously unacceptable.

1 minute ago, Jule1988 said:

i'm a moderator and Redactor on another website, i did interviewed OVH about DDoS attack for an article and i'll repeat THERE'S NO PROTECTION AGAINST DDOS. you can deviate part of the traffic but that's it DDOS will always win, the solution just give you time to shut down the servers before it get damaged.

1 minute ago, Jenny Lakeland said:

Well it cant go on like this !  1- 2 hours up ? DDos attack and back to zero again ? cant imagine there is not any good protection in 2020 ?  I am far from technical but this is seriously unacceptable.

1-2 hours up?  The game was up for about 10 hours.  I was one of the first to log in to the test server when they opened it for us.

2 minutes ago, TerryScrew said:

i'm a moderator and Redactor on another website, i did interviewed OVH about DDoS attack for an article and i'll repeat THERE'S NO PROTECTION AGAINST DDOS. you can deviate part of the traffic but that's it DDOS will always win, the solution just give you time to shut down the servers before it get damaged.

How do bigger things survive? I can imagine a lot of competition will attack a specific genre of game so they can say "hey that game is down why not play ours its similar?" There has to be a way to properly prevent it or all these bigger companies would be having issues daily too