3DXChat Community

Feature request: Offline world editor

Well, since the server is down I think its time to post some thoughts here.

For me 3DX is not just a place to have some co-op masturbation - sometimes I spend my time in the World Editor as well. From what i have learned i can say for sure - world editor doesnt need connection to the server (see the pic, i can still keep building when I've got disconnected).
So, here's my idea: it would be great to be able to run the game in off-line mode having limited functionality. Let's say - only default Betty/Bob avatars to play and (most importantly) World Editor working.

What it could give us:

- Obvious

When the server is offline we could keep building our content and test it for later when we're able to share it to the other players.

- A bit less obvious, but still making life better potentially

We could run second client and work on our worlds while still hosting a room in 1st window. You see, that announcement Lisa gave us about the new features of the server they are working at - it will be possible to keep our rooms hosted even when we go offline/get disconnected for some reason. It's a great thing and for me personally it would improve my experience a lot, since im not always able to keep my 3DX running 24/7 (let's say i am playing some other game and it is important to me to have my FPS there as high as possible, but having 3DX running in background sometimes drops FPS drastically).
With that said hosting rooms is going to be much easier, but there's still one problem rmaining: you cant host a room and build anything in World Editor, becuase you have to stop hosting to enter WE mode. And having a separate client running in off-line mode would fix that problem.

I hope I didnt confuse you with that explanation too much, people.

2020-06-26 15-21-39_36595.png

was always thinking about the possibilities to get a third party editor for giving more possibilities for builders who can do great designs but limited to the current editor, I noticed that the editor used in the game are from those that makes shapes as shells,, something like sketchup.. is there a way to make it compatible or a software to export from other graphics software to make *.world files..

sorry for my bad English folks...

I was thinking the same thing. We could still be working on world projects now while the game is down. I am like many people that like to build, there are some nights I sign in just to work on a project. Now would be the perfect time to finish up a few things.

Pros:

• Would let me work on my level right now or whenever the game crashes, without logging in

Cons:

• A user could subscribe for 1 month, download the World Editor, never subscribe again, and just use the editor features for free
  • Those users could share the Editor application with others who had never even subscribed once

It's a small game, so these losses may not amount to much for the developers, but you could argue that their world editor is pretty and fun enough that it's a game on its own. All that's missing is the ability to load and view and experience the rooms without logging in.

I would say it's worth it, but someone could purchase a month, build rooms for 2 months, then purchase another month to preview and play them. The devs just need to decide at what value they're willing to allow a download of the offline editor. My solution would be: Allow a world editor download by anybody who has purchased at least 6 months of gameplay.

18 minutes ago, Xaufin said:

Pros:

• Would let me work on my level right now or whenever the game crashes, without logging in

Cons:

• A user could subscribe for 1 month, download the World Editor, never subscribe again, and just use the editor features for free
  • Those users could share the Editor application with others who had never even subscribed once

It's a small game, so these losses may not amount to much for the developers, but you could argue that their world editor is pretty and fun enough that it's a game on its own. All that's missing is the ability to load and view and experience the rooms without logging in.

I would say it's worth it, but someone could purchase a month, build rooms for 2 months, then purchase another month to preview and play them. The devs just need to decide at what value they're willing to allow a download of the offline editor. My solution would be: Allow a world editor download by anybody who has purchased at least 6 months of gameplay.

How many people in this game are interested only in world editor? I mean, I know that many people like to build from time to time. I build for myself as well. But... How many people really interested SOLELY in building? No sex, no talking in chats, not hanging out with people in clubs and bars, not opening their rooms and feel proud, not even showing their rooms to friends. Building and only building. 

I think it's very, VERY little amount and even small game can let itself lose money from this people to bring other players more comfort.

And about this "Those users could share the Editor application with others who had never even subscribed once".

I think it's actually a good thing, not a con. It can work as an advertisement and bring new players in 3dxchat.

Wouldn’t this request turn into a single player offline version of the game?

If you make a room and add pose markers, logically you’d want to test them. 
Currently the only way to do that is to log on and enter the room in the game. More often then not you then also use Betty and Bob to make sure the sex poses are aligned properly. 
So logically this hypothetical Offline Builder would have to allow you to use the Betty and Bob bots, while offline. 
So you end up with a single player version of 3DX by default. 

6 hours ago, Derai said:

Wouldn’t this request turn into a single player offline version of the game?

If you make a room and add pose markers, logically you’d want to test them. 
Currently the only way to do that is to log on and enter the room in the game. More often then not you then also use Betty and Bob to make sure the sex poses are aligned properly. 
So logically this hypothetical Offline Builder would have to allow you to use the Betty and Bob bots, while offline. 
So you end up with a single player version of 3DX by default. 

I don't think this would be a big issue - I am pretty sure nobody subscribed to 3DXChat for Betty & Bob. :) They're not really "bots", in that they aren't even NPCs, and can only assume a partnered pose. They can't dance on the poles, or interact in any meaningful way. They can be useful for testing pose alignment when building, but I believe what sets 3DXChat apart from other "games" is the interaction with actual people on the other end of the avatars. If someone is looking for a single-player experience, I think they'd prefer a game designed that way with interactive NPCs.

15 minutes ago, TylerMatthews said:

I don't think this would be a big issue - I am pretty sure nobody subscribed to 3DXChat for Betty & Bob. :) They're not really "bots", in that they aren't even NPCs, and can only assume a partnered pose. They can't dance on the poles, or interact in any meaningful way. They can be useful for testing pose alignment when building, but I believe what sets 3DXChat apart from other "games" is the interaction with actual people on the other end of the avatars. If someone is looking for a single-player experience, I think they'd prefer a game designed that way with interactive NPCs.

I do agree. What makes 3DXChat great is the people in it. There are some around these forums though that rather not interact with people in any meaningful way. (They know who they are~)
Hence I had meant the statement to be a bit tongue in cheek, but that is hard to pull of in text.
Still, thanks for the reply!