3DXChat Community

Please tell us what is really happening

Xizi

18 minutes ago, Nalley said:

doubt in 2020 any web server have no high lvl protection....

Well, you are wrong :) And that's not an assumption. A lot of really big companies in my country suffered a lot from DDoS, and we are not talking about a game handled by a small team, but e-commerce websites with cache features, CDN, load balancing and the ability to ban others countries connection.

DDoS have nothing to do with how secure a website is or isn't. It's about handling an heavy amount of connection. Either you have a strong hosting and an heavy server architecture able to handle all theses connections (which cost an helluvah big amount of money) either you don't and you have to find fixs here and here.

An international game is probably the hardest thing to protect against DDoS, there is almost no way to put cache as every request is dynamic. Each IP send a great number of request as you need to refresh stuff like chat, players positions, players poses, so you can't even ban people when they are doing too many requests. You can't exclude some countries as there is players all around the world. So yeah, big companies invest tens of thousands of dollars each months in their servers. I don't think that the 3dx team can put such an amount of money in their servers unless they simply want to sink their business.

They are working on this to fix it however they can. They need a bit of time and are probably under a lot of pressure. It's their game in the end, and the way they make money. I'm not sure that throwing assumptions like this one and constantly insulting them on the forum is going to help.

20 hours ago, Snick said:

In theory? Yes

Haven't heard of it happening before, but it could also have to do with the server they were using before if they are just renting out space on a server farm (witch it sounds like they were doing) and said farm barely did the minimal to safeguard.

EDIT: And if they were already looking at swapping out servers anyways, this response makes sense... why try to replace the broken stuff when your going to be changing away from it in a few months anyways? By just moving us all over to their test server, it gives them the chance to stress test it, and get it up and running faster, in the long run it is the better choice... will be cold comfort depending on some of those bugs we will be finding in the short term however.

SO if theyre renting server space and stuff's not getting fixed its the server company's issue not the 3dx devs.......this gets as complicated as a GoT plot line when you throw business relationships and contracts in.  Thats why I never use clouds for my stuff.....i dont know who owns and runs them or how good the hardware is....and im goign to trust my data to THAT?  nope. external hard drives and backups. Daddy was an engineer, a really smart well, and he taught me alot.

And if they are not sure themselves?

They are trying to move everything to the new servers right now, at best they could give us a timeframe, but all things considered, if they went OVER the timeframe, there would be rioting... on their end its safer to just say nothing, and keep plugging away to get things up and running sooner, rather then coming here and playing 20 questions.

Edited by Snick

5 minutes ago, Snick said:

Oh, so no brass knuckles.....

....fiiiiiiiine i'll put them away

You probably need full hazmat gear while slapping that one, so brass knuckles seem counter intuitive. To much risk of a suit breach.
And you'd get bits of Talon on ya.
Just be civilized. Use a bat.

5 hours ago, GottaGo said:

Well, you are wrong :) And that's not an assumption. A lot of really big companies in my country suffered a lot from DDoS, and we are not talking about a game handled by a small team, but e-commerce websites with cache features, CDN, load balancing and the ability to ban others countries connection.

DDoS have nothing to do with how secure a website is or isn't. It's about handling an heavy amount of connection. Either you have a strong hosting and an heavy server architecture able to handle all theses connections (which cost an helluvah big amount of money) either you don't and you have to find fixs here and here.

An international game is probably the hardest thing to protect against DDoS, there is almost no way to put cache as every request is dynamic. Each IP send a great number of request as you need to refresh stuff like chat, players positions, players poses, so you can't even ban people when they are doing too many requests. You can't exclude some countries as there is players all around the world. So yeah, big companies invest tens of thousands of dollars each months in their servers. I don't think that the 3dx team can put such an amount of money in their servers unless they simply want to sink their business.

They are working on this to fix it however they can. They need a bit of time and are probably under a lot of pressure. It's their game in the end, and the way they make money. I'm not sure that throwing assumptions like this one and constantly insulting them on the forum is going to help.

You are probably right, but here we are talking about a game, do not despair of a listed multinational .... and that any online business are obliged to take precautions. So there is certainly a major protection already, and yet they are not convinced that now it is about DDoS attacks, for 2 months the server has problems, it is more likely that the updates are not compatible with that server ..?

I don't think it's a matter of patience or not.

Here it seems to be made fun of ...

They continue to take time, WITHOUT explaining the real reason.

First server maintenance, then ddoss attack, then broken hardidisk, then move to new servers .... and 3 days have passed without results.

Considering Cloudflare is checking our IP address when we come to the forum to see if we are one of the IPs attacking, I would say something is going on.

Lisa posted they are working on fixing it. I believe her, no business wants angry customers unless 3DX does which would be weird. lol

Edited by Cassey