3DXChat Community

could not connect to the server

Valen

47 minutes ago, Norfolk N Waye said:

Or pray! "Pie Jesu Domine.Dona eis requiem!"

Monks.gif

Arthur (to the rest of his knights): "No...let's not go to the 3DX Technical Support Forum. It's a silly place..."

The King and his collected knights and squires gallop away, clapping their coconuts.. 

7 minutes ago, Leopardus said:

It's all in the eyebrows.

Next you'll be telling me that men and woman are more similar than we realised:

🧛‍♀️ Female Vampire

🧛‍♂️ Male Vampire

👯‍♀️ Woman with bunny ears partying

👯‍♂️ Man with bunny ears partying

🚣‍♀️ Woman rowing boat

🚣‍♂️ Man rowing boat

By the way, I couldn't help but wonder who was responsible for giving the "Disappointed by Relieved" guy such a bad hand-job 😉🤣

Disappointed checks out crying face is also rather disappointed I don't get how it's Relieved 🤣

And to be honest with you it's hard to tell the difference with a lot of those emojis unless you zoom in

1 hour ago, NicciW said:

tenor.gif?itemid=11738698

^^^ Server ^^^

Saturday -> Wednesday and still not ever played 😒

I'm showing a whole lot of loyalty waiting for something I've never played so gimme free stuff 😢

Alsooo... while I was typing this I noticed 2 emojis;

😢 "Crying Face"

😥 "Disappointed but Relieved"

Can you tell the difference? 🙄 No seriously these are appapparently 2 different emojis

Eyebrows are different

3 minutes ago, <TALONQUEEN> THE ASCENDED said:

Notice these mindless sheep here in this forum days later after the 3dx got "ddosd" always here - always online - always flocking to the same mindless herd of sheep - always ganging up on one person talking shit because they don't have the balls to go to war by themselves - you say i have problems but all i see here all day everyday is the same people talking about mundane pointless garbage on a -technical support forum- i always thought it was humorous how everyone here thinks they have me all figured out still too inept to realize respect is earned not given - all of your previous behavior has influenced nothing but trolling and now its all you will ever get - you got one shot to earn anything from me from the beginning - 1 year has past still spewing the same filth - and you seriously expect me to be 'kind' to 90% of this population? lmao time to get real -  if you really want to skyrocket 3dx in the direction start by riding yourself of all of these mindless sheep that are here 6-7 years later still? homophobia - transphobia - these people never get banned - you sit here and try to depict what you think someone is on the internet based on some photos and shit lmao it's sad af - i don't give a fuck what gender anyone thinks i am. dude / female/ it / they/  them - no matter what shit all of these pathetic low lifes spew on a forum will not depict the final outcome in the long run - you will obviously see days later the exact same losers will inhabit this forum in the very same post - bro take a break from 3dx - from these forums. how many hours of sleep a night do you get? maybe 8 if you're lucky ? lmfao. i doubt it because 90% of you creepin up in this hoe harder than covid be dropping when i post some shit in this forum - you're a FAN other wise you would have ignored me 1 year ago and moved on. you'll see this post up until some pussies decide to report as always and get this account banned aswell - start banning all of these people and see how many people have enough intelligence to know what methods to make a new account and come back - 95% of them will never be able to come back because they're too inept to know how - thats one of the differences between me and you all - i know exactly how to come back when i feel like it - do you? - as soon as i drop this post same inept scum weevils will flock right to this post as they all always do - it's funny how you think you got me figured out and are too inept always falling into this trap only seeing what i choose to show you and what you deserve to see from me which is - ding ding ding Not shit but we know you don't care. you don't care so much. well hey since you don't care. don't bother to respond to this post this time. prove me wrong? prove to me you're not just another low life loser inhabiting these forums all day everyday. get a 2nd hobby? anyone thats here all day everyday - should really look in the mirror at them selves closely - you say i need help - am i here all day everyday? compare my presence on this forum to the amount you are all always on it  then get back to me when you have finally come to realization with your self you're the miserable losers here - i'm happy anytime i'm not around pond scum like this - which is why - oh hey - something called ignore was invented. butttttt you're all too stupid to use that. and just over lap shit with more shit everytime i login here - you can't convince yourself i'm intelligence and obviously can't convince yourselves you're pond scum and will never amount to anything in life - i'll see you at mcdonalds 5 years later when you're still all working there trying to cover up your pathetic lives by throwing shade at me anytime i'm around - better not mess up my burger bitches - assuming covid-19 don't wipe you out first - Don't let people next to you that don't want the best for you
I do what I wanna do, they do what I let them do
Everything hoes be sayin' is a fuckin' lie
It's nothing I can say to you that is realer
Remember when you praisin' the butterfly
Don't you ever disrespect the fuckin' caterpillar

-end transmission - mic drop - talon has scorched the earth 

Ok got the message :)

2 minutes ago, <TALONQUEEN> THE ASCENDED said:

You took the time to edit my message and reply. damn dawg you really are a n inept loser  Gentleman. thanks for proving my point AGAIN. 

Your welcome, don't mention it :)

12 minutes ago, sputnik said:

When life gets boring you can play with a troll lol

Its Talon, your not playing with them, your feeding them, and in doing so, you almost make his rants look like they have a point.

Be it a cry for attention, or something seriously wrong with them, just engaging right back with talon, dose little favor to yourself, or the rest of the community forced to watch your quotes so you can try and act 'witty'.

I may disagree with a fair bit from Talon, but they had a point in if you can't stop poking at them, your just a fan.

5 minutes ago, CharleyGeyser said:

Ok so does anybody know where the devs are based? If it's the middle of the night where they are it's unlikely we'll see any action until the next "day".

Wouldn't you be surprised if they live on your block?  :P

10 hours ago, pretty said:

Now I cannot log into the members login page on the 3DXChat website.  It keeps saying "Service is temporarily unavailable".

Yeah, the websites have also been hit.

10 hours ago, Etanazzi said:

One point. The last communication I saw was that reconnecting will require a game update. So make sure to restart the client so it triggers the update.

Also watching the announcements post is a good idea since if they can't do an auto update for whatever reason (and there are some reasons I can think of.) you might have to redownload the game. If that's the case the announcements post will be the place to find that out.

redheadrider scoots a bottle of whiskey to @Etanazzi and pets her.

Yep, new location online. If it's all new, then the client will have to change too.

I think those suggestions are good, but if something doesn't work, sometimes people already uninstall and reinstall a fresh copy... which will also work in that case.

redheadrider looks for something claw resistant.

7 hours ago, Etanazzi said:

Technically, bust size is measured as circumference in Inches. And I'm pretty sure 7 inches is physically impossible unless you're like tinkerbell. So, at least for pics. Any boobs will do, but for dicks, I've gotta have standards.

I think Tinkerbell was only 1 inch.... Maybe a 700% sized Tinkerbell would get that size.

7 hours ago, pretty said:

Knowing we are waiting for a real update as to what is happening and when we might be able to expect to play again, we get a pointless, extremely vague "update".  Maybe the goal they're working toward is to drive us all to abandon 3DX and go to another game.

That update was just to let us know the course of action of their last full update was going as planned and well.

7 hours ago, Meowww said:

Give me a tips for similar games pls  😧

That isn't a question we can answer apparently, banhammer and all that.

7 hours ago, Lullaby said:

AHAHAHAHAA Is server repair a surgery? And Lisa builds there and wipes the sweat off with a swab to those guys who do "SOMETHING" we unfortunately do not know what ... lol

Repair? Yes. Complications can happen and the "patient" can die.... and it seems the server did kinda die.

It seems to me a joke ...
At least give timelines, even approximate ...

Unfortunately, it depends. Depends on how much data... I estimated 85GB last night. That takes a while to transfer online... so if it's up in the next few days, they shipped a hard drive to their new provider. If not... then it may certainly take longer. And they need time put everything together with the data present.

They're not repairing the server. Her communications clearly indicate they're migrating to a new Datacenter with better DDoS protection and a better uptime SLA most likely.

Yes, this is difficult, yes interuptions are jarring and slow work. That's true of more than just surgery.

If they fuck this up, they could leak all our payment info.

The fact that you didn't understand that this is a full fledged server migration and just thought "hurp derp they're just hitting it a hammer to repair it derp" shows a lot of the communication issues isn't on the 3DX side.

Lisa is the PR. She likely has little tech knowledge so she passes on what she can from the ones that do. The ones that do have that knowledge are probably working on it and shouldn't be interrupted for an update every 2-4 hours.

I think the move to a new datacenter with more typical features (SLA and such) was implied, not clearly stated. But that's a reasonable guess.

3 days without results.... is not enough???

It seems like they have nothing to report besides the last update's process is going well.

The deadline is ASAP. And in tech, that's usually the only deadline you ever deal with.

I can assure you,. If someone asked me to estimate how long something like a server migration to a BRAND new datacenter I know nothing about. Working with techs I know nothing about. I'd tell you to go fuck yourself on an estimate and not sleep or rest until it's done. They're working on it, no they can't magically pull a number out of their ass when dealing with so many unknowns.

Deal with it and stop just being a jerk on the forum to people that are trying to get you what you want for no reason.

You think they're just sitting there thinking "yeah let's take as long as possible to piss off our users"

Maybe they're incompetent, that's possible, I don't know.

But they don't deserve your level of vitirol. If you think you can do better: 

Good luck. Otherwise shut the fuck up and wait while the adults handle it.

Yep, but at least the new server architecture was already in place, it's just the time and logistics to get the data there. I would not be surprised if they shipped a hard drive there with a copy of their backups. (I think Amazon allows that?) If we get our accounts and all our pictures, and get it in 2-7 days... sneakernet is how they transferred it.

6 hours ago, Etanazzi said:

From experience, I can tell you that it takes much longer than 10 seconds to

Stop what you're doing.

Think about your next steps

Wonder what possible ways the troubleshooting could go. Like is it in this switch? Is it the configuration of this router? Did we update the internal DNS tables?

Composing a response email.

Trying to remember wtf you were doing before you heard the MS Outlook BLEEP.

So yes it affects the timetable.

I once had a 2 point story that was specifically to estimate how many points my ACTUAL development would take to complete.

I spent half a day estimating how long it would take to do the task.

It's not trivial.

PS: I'm not trying to being a dick to you. All you did was ask for a timetable and the question is resonable. I'm just giving a view from the other side of the coin. Getting constantly pestered for updates slows down work. The earlier angry statements were angry because the targets were spitting vitriol at the devs.

I guess they were fortunate that they had some of the groundwork set already, and could start transferring accounts. Things could be worse.

They got DDoS'd. They're moving to a new datacenter (hopefully) because it has better ddos protection. If they don't then I'll be wrong about this.

Honestly, the game has been as solid as any other game I've played up until the DDoS happened.

I don't get where this "It's always been shit" is coming from. Honestly.

Honestly, most of our downtime before this is because their datacenter people didn't work weekends. That's why it's typically spent time down until Mondays, when they start working again.

The part that pisses me off is if the game does die financially because of this. It'll only prove that consistent ddosing works.

SGD wouldn't be the first if that were to happen. DDoSes have killed companies before.

6 hours ago, Volvin said:

"We are moving towards the goal.  Everything is good :)"

Really? Is everything good? So the game is up and running and no crashes?

What I believe that meant the process is going well migrating everyone over to the new server.

5 hours ago, totalrage007 said:

I think we should not be charged for the last couple of months the game has not been playable still isn't and unless they have a new server up this isn't going to stop. Whoever is doing this for them must not be all that great because this should of been done by now it's been weeks

They already set up a server, and they were already planning on moving us all over slowly. Things have changed, and thus they are moving us all at once.

5 hours ago, Jenny Lakeland said:

Okay wil try tomoorow again to cancel my membership, thankies

That site doesn't actually handle cancellations. The site is https://customers.bmtmicro.com, and you'll need the email you got from <orders@bmtmicro.com> in order to log in. There should be a numeric password in there. 

2 hours ago, StevieST said:

It's definitely worth the wait.....you'll have a whole load of fun once they get it up and running again! But I agree! They should give you free stuff for your patience!

Yep, they're giving @NicciW and all of us free time while the server is substandard and not suitable for subscription sales.

1 minute ago, redheadrider said:

Yep, they're giving @NicciW and all of us free time while the server is substandard and not suitable for subscription sales.

Free time isn't really useful when I've bought an entire year, odds are I'm not going to really use the extra few days. I'm more looking forward to more in-game currency I've already got 6k and I haven't even played

12 hours ago, zigzag said:

my time still clicked today 

Yeah, that's handled by BMT Micro; a previous post mentioned instructions on how to cancel.

Just now, NicciW said:

Free time isn't really useful when I've bought an entire year, odds are I'm not going to really use the extra few days. I'm more looking forward to more in-game currency I've already got 6k and I haven't even played

I already have extra days as it is from other downtime. The free time is more compensation for beta testing something that isn't ready for prime time. Given the old server situation, they didn't have much choice but to make us all testers.

Bug reports once the server is up would certainly help... though a good way to organize them would as well.

However, if you work up to 300/day, you'll get 100K for the paid portion of your subscription, not counting any you get through the early testing.