3DXChat Community

could not connect to the server

Valen

22 minutes ago, Snick said:

As someone whos had to deal with PR and be the one to deal with customers for years now.... gonna say it now.... the customer is not always right, frankly, most of the time, has no clue what they are talking about.

But your client is always right,Β otherwise you will lose your job. Right?

1 minute ago, β˜™π”Όπ•©β§ said:

Yes, which then is exploited by clients to get better deals and/or free stuff or special treatment. It's a dick move.

I mean this in general, people do this all the time. They were spoiled and raised that if they complain loud enough they'll get the toy, or the car or the whatever.

Then they hit adulthood and carry it over and fail at life because of it. Then spit the anger at the one person they know can't fight back. The one that'll lose their job.

Just now, β˜™π”Όπ•©β§ said:

Depends? Anytime i've worked with someone who wants something done in a way thats going to screw things up, i lay it all out for them, what can go wrong, what will probably go wrong, and what can be done to get closer to what they want without screwing it all up.....

If they still wanna push their original idea, then yeah, no win situation.

The problem is, we are customers here, we are paying for a service, they have outlined their plan on what they will do to make up for the lack of service, and what they are in the process of doing to restore service. They have fulfilled their end of things.

Would it be nice to have a more concrete timeline? Absolutely.... but frankly, if i was advising them, id tell them not to, because if their wrong and say 24 hours and it takes 28, the tiff fits happening now, will pale in comparison. IF we hit say.... Friday with no more news? Ok, time to get riled up, but barring anyone who knows exactly how many people they have working on this and what all steps are involved working on it speaking up, what we have seen so far is fairly consistent with what was expected for the news they outlined.

2 minutes ago, β˜™π”Όπ•©β§ said:

Sometimes the client is wrong, stupid, angry, or wants you to do something you can't.Β 

As far as this matter, I think it's reasonable to give a time estimate and/or explain the challenges the team is facing.Β 

I hope you don't see this as being rude towards you. Just my point of view from working in industries where the client can be not totally right.Β 

3 minutes ago, JohnL said:

Sometimes the client is wrong, stupid, angry, or wants you to do something you can't.Β 

As far as this matter, I think it's reasonable to give a time estimate and/or explain the challenges the team is facing.Β 

I hope you don't see this as being rude towards you. Just my point of view from working in industries where the client can be not totally right.Β 

They have, kinda, they mentioned the DDoS, they mentioned the failed drive and the decision to migrate to an entirely new datacenter.

They could have done a better job communicating that moving datacenters isn't trivial, but it's also reasonable for people to know this.

Snick is right about getting the timeline wrong. I've been asked to give estimates on using new and unfamiliar tech and I always double what I think it will actually be (and about 25% of the time it DOES take twice as long as I thought.)

But doubling the estimate to the public isn't a good option either, so they're doing what will cause the least backlash. Being quiet about it.

Edited by Etanazzi

1 minute ago, Snick said:

They have fulfilled their end of things.

They have not fulfilled their end of things for a very long time now. At all. They just come up with random explanations. Maybe that's what their end of things are. Not some actual work.

Starting for a bunch of featured they promised and failed to deliver; Disruption in their service, the quality of service was trash level for a long time now, with daily diconnections and many other bugs related to server latency; Bad communication; Oh and people will be blocked if they speak french on World Chat :)) that part was funny

So no they didn't fulfill anything for a very long time. just some random explanation dropped here and there on rare occasions

Just now, Norfolk N Waye said:

Gawd! I'm so depressed from having nothing constructive to do that I need a drink or ten!Β  Has anybody got a few Pan-Galactic Gargle-Blasters? Hmm?

MarvinHGTTG.jpg

Sorry, just Jameson in tea that just isn't quite right.

1 minute ago, Snick said:

Depends? Anytime i've worked with someone who wants something done in a way thats going to screw things up, i lay it all out for them, what can go wrong, what will probably go wrong, and what can be done to get closer to what they want without screwing it all up.....

If they still wanna push their original idea, then yeah, no win situation.

The problem is, we are customers here, we are paying for a service, they have outlined their plan on what they will do to make up for the lack of service, and what they are in the process of doing to restore service. They have fulfilled their end of things.

Would it be nice to have a more concrete timeline? Absolutely.... but frankly, if i was advising them, id tell them not to, because if their wrong and say 24 hours and it takes 28, the tiff fits happening now, will pale in comparison. IF we hit say.... Friday with no more news? Ok, time to get riled up, but barring anyone who knows exactly how many people they have working on this and what all steps are involved working on it speaking up, what we have seen so far is fairly consistent with what was expected for the news they outlined.

They better use some extra time to have all fixed in a solid way, we all do not want that this will happen again , or having crash after crash again, 2 - 3 weeks is what they probably need, but I dont care for, I play several other nice(r)Β Β games , and I have a pretty busy RL, so as long we wont get billed for being offline is it okay to me.

1 minute ago, Tsela said:

They have not fulfilled their end of things for a very long time now. At all. They just come up with random explanations. Maybe that's what their end of things are. Not some actual work.

Starting for a bunch of featured they promised and failed to deliver; Disruption in their service, the quality of service was trash level for a long time now, with daily diconnections and many other bugs related to server latency; Bad communication; Oh and people will be blocked if they speak french on World Chat :)) that part was funny

So no they didn't fulfill anything for a very long time. just some random explanation dropped here and there on rare occasions

If you think they haven't done enough then either:

A: They're not good enough for you. So you should find an alternative. If there's no alternative then you're stuck.

B: They're lazy and you SHOULD cancel out of principle.

It serves no purpose to complain about it though.

2 minutes ago, Tsela said:

So, what you saying? you gonna cancel your sub?

You been here a long time Tsela, you know they not much in the PR department. Why would that suddenly change?

1 minute ago, Etanazzi said:

A: They're not good enough for you. So you should find an alternative. If there's no alternative then you're stuck.

A: No they aren't good enough for me. and for any normal person who actually expects a working service

B: Yeah I could and I should. In which case I wouldn't be here talking about it. Because in that case I simply wouldn't care. But until I am here and I do care, naturally I will talk about it

Yes...best feedback you can give a service provider is with your wallet. I happen to like this game so I will hang in through the bumps.

With the server instabilityΒ they had already started work on this new one, so they KNEW about the issues and were starting to take steps to fix it, this just forced the time table to jump forward so they did.

Seriously tho? Speaking french in WC gets you banned now? Thats insane

Anyways, in THIS particular instance they have however fulfilled what they need to do. Like i said before, the only thing they haven't done is give us a estimated time until its finished, and that has a bigger chance to blow up in their face then just staying quiet about it and working on it all now to try and get it up and as stable as its gonna be for a alpha server asap.

8 hours ago, Norfolk N Waye said:

Gawd! I'm so depressed from having nothing constructive to do that I need a drink or ten!Β  Has anybody got a few Pan-Galactic Gargle-Blasters? Hmm?

MarvinHGTTG.jpg

a Feel Good β™ͺtuneβ™ͺ is better than drinkingΒ 

β™ͺ\m/_(β–Ία΄₯β—„)_\m/ β™ͺ

or have a coffee `'[β–„]s\(β—‘α΄₯β—‘)

or...BOTH!

You are right. We all enjoy the world they have created here or we would've left by now. Some technical issues are beyond peoples control. We are here enjoying each others company regardless. Then again I am an optimist

1 minute ago, BadWord said:

So, what you saying? you gonna cancel your sub?

You been here a long time Tsela, you know they not much in the PR department. Why would that suddenly change?

Well one can only hope that maybe they start working for a change :)

4 minutes ago, Snick said:

Seriously tho? Speaking french in WC gets you banned now? Thats insane

Yeah that was a funny one. Lisa actually threatened people in game on WC with being blocked for French speaking :)) I was stunned also. crazy...

lisachat.jpg.8ac363934afd76c037e76be895b3b02a.jpg.c54522f7f11d45ecea9897bf98de9f5a.jpg

Edited by Tsela

A: No they aren't good enough for me. and for any normal person who actually expects a working service

B: Yeah I could and I should. In which case I wouldn't be here talking about it. Because in that case I simply wouldn't care. But until I am here and I do care, naturally I will talk about it

They got DDoS'd. They're moving to a new datacenter (hopefully) because it has better ddos protection. If they don't then I'll be wrong about this.

Honestly, the game has been as solid as any other game I've played up until the DDoS happened.

I don't get where this "It's always been shit" is coming from. Honestly.

7 minutes ago, JohnL said:

I agree. I work with clients and sometimes they can decrease your reputation which is important in start and not only. They can be like: draw here like this, and there like that, but this should be like no one ever seen and end this with some hogwart`s magic please. But they are still your clients that you have to deal with. I can think about them a lot, but they are still right because they came to me thinking that I can do what I do.