3DXChat Community

could not connect to the server

Valen

20 minutes ago, Tohi said:

Can someone tell me that this is the 3dx server is on a dedicated machine, in a person? or is it a rental machine on a server?

giphy.gif

It's impossible to tell due to the site being protected by Cloudflare. Not only does that protect somewhat from DDoS attacks, it also makes it difficult to determine what provider hosts them. You'd have to ask someone that knows at the company, but they probably won't tell you, due to the security issues that knowledge may create.

32 minutes ago, redheadrider said:

It's impossible to tell due to the site being protected by Cloudflare. Not only does that protect somewhat from DDoS attacks, it also makes it difficult to determine what provider hosts them. You'd have to ask someone that knows at the company, but they probably won't tell you, due to the security issues that knowledge may create.

Yeah... among the reasons why DDOS attacks this frequently are... how should I say... unlikely. Especially on a small server which should be protected by Cloudflare. Is the main game server protected at all? Is the separate login server protected? Or it is just the site where they advertise themselves (since that's important... for them), and the server hosting the forums are protected? We don't know jack, if they even have a properly maintained and protected game server. Even if the forum part for example is protected by cloudflare

It works like this: client(the 3dxchat program on your computer) ----> connects to the Login Server (this handles your personal information, passwords, so on and gives you a pass) ----> connects to the main game server (the place you are when you play the game) 

This is why last time people were still in the game while others couldn't log in. The login server failed, while the main game server was still operational.

Now the forums and site might be handled by a different server which they either rent or anything, it is not as expensive since it only has to host a website and a forum. 

The question is. Are the main servers even protected at all? Can somebody tell me, who has the know how, what adress is the client connecting to? Because I'm pretty sure not the same server the forums and site is hosted on

Edited by Tsela

10 minutes ago, Tsela said:

Yeah... among the reasons why DDOS attacks this frequently are... how should I say... unlikely. Especially on a small server which should be protected by Cloudflare. Is the main game server protected at all? Is the separate login server protected? Or it is just the site where they advertise themselves (since that's important... for them), and the server hosting the forums are protected? We don't know jack, if they even have a properly maintained and protected game server. Even if the forum part for example is protected by cloudflare

Cloudflare is more suited to websites like the forum and the main website, not game servers generally. However, they could rearchitect the game server to take advantage of Cloudflare's features.

2 minutes ago, redheadrider said:

Cloudflare is more suited to websites like the forum and the main website, not game servers generally. However, they could rearchitect the game server to take advantage of Cloudflare's features.

Thank you for your response. :) I edited my post before you answered, to avoid multi posting without any reason like some trolls around here do. The question still remains...

Edited by Tsela

Just now, Tsela said:

Thank you for your response. :) I edited my post since then, to avoid multi posting without any reason like some trolls around here do

Yep, I did notice; the IP is hidden by Cloudflare so one of their IPs is most visible for the website. I don't know if they do this for the game servers. I'd have to learn which DNS name it's looking for first to find that out. If they don't use CF's features on that domain.... it's probably a bare IP.

3 minutes ago, redheadrider said:

If they don't use CF's features on that domain.... it's probably a bare IP.

Which is why it's far easier to DDoS it, right? If that is the case

Edited by Tsela

I'm sorry to tell you that .... but the 3DX server is very poorly protected and the people who manage it do not have to know what they are doing ..... because for my part the experiments by the past that I lived on the servers with this kind of attack managed to resolve it in a few hours the DDOS on the server to relaunch and blocked the attack at the same time to make sure to block attacks as much as possible with viable and sustainable solutions, but here I see that this kind of attack has been going on for months, there has been no improvement since so for me the people who manage the game not particularly very good in the field.giphy.gif

To stay in context, DDoS is something that can be prevented with a good antivirus service ... What is so hard to understand?! ... the money went to something other than the maintenance and service of this game, very low level managerial, and to make it simpler, the game is fucked by incompetents who pursue their own interests. This is what 3dx has shown us in the last 2 months, unfortunately

2 minutes ago, wysiwyg said:

Whilst discussing this issue, a friend and I have come up with the likely cause.

Betty and Bob were fed up of getting called away to service others, so want to have some private time together, and have made 3dx private and exclusive until they have finished

They could have left the sin club though I have nowhere to dance.  Why  they not could close only the private rooms 🤣

eja.gif.1f45145419c9fb940f2bb038aa0d217c.gif

1 hour ago, wysiwyg said:

Whilst discussing this issue, a friend and I have come up with the likely cause.

Betty and Bob were fed up of getting called away to service others, so want to have some private time together, and have made 3dx private and exclusive until they have finished

You know it's true babe 😉

Hey random question to the people in here that seem to know their programming stuff. 

How significant is it that the 3DX installer always gets flagged by my PC as being ‘unverified’ or something. 
My Windows practically claims its unsafe. 

Isn’t that kinda an example or hint about how ‘unsafe’ the connection between the client and the log in server is?

If it had one of those security certificates my PC wouldn’t throw a fit about the installation software. Right?

This is so frustrating.

I was reading through these threads last night and I came across a song someone had posted that I really liked, but I didn’t save it and now I can’t find it.

I can’t remember who posted it, what it was called or which thread it was in (thought it was this one) and because I just clicked the picture to play it, it doesn’t show in my browser history.

I know it was a cover and had really beautiful words.  It’s got to be here somewhere…..

17 minutes ago, HazyRays said:

This is so frustrating.

I was reading through these threads last night and I came across a song someone had posted that I really liked, but I didn’t save it and now I can’t find it.

I can’t remember who posted it, what it was called or which thread it was in (thought it was this one) and because I just clicked the picture to play it, it doesn’t show in my browser history.

I know it was a cover and had really beautiful words.  It’s got to be here somewhere…..

Do you remember if you reacted to it?
If so it might show up in your 'activity' feed in your profile