3DXChat Community

could not connect to the server

Valen

11 minutes ago, Etanazzi said:

Aight, here we go for the 100th time. Snick hold my whiskey please.

/me drinks the wiskey

In other news, 3dx staff have never been the come to the forum and keep us constantly updated sorts.... and it would be kinda pointless right now anyways, at most we would find out if they were trying to move -everything- or just basic user accounts. Much rather they just focus on trying to get everything knocked out then come hold our hands.... we have a drunk coke head for that.

17 minutes ago, Valen said:

maybe one or the other should try with reality? Can say from personal experience that it can be very helpful! Draining with Danpf, I see too, just a shame that none of those who play this game sometimes takes a public stance and sometimes explains everything !? Server maintenance, which turns into an attack, which then, strangely enough, destroys the hard drive, is very in need of clarification. not to mention the picture I have of the current data center!

I'm not sure what your trying to claim about 'reality' here... or us taking a public stance? What are you hoping everyone gets out their torches and pitchforks and demands answers? Here's the simple reality your ignoring.... it doesn't matter. It doesn't matter if they were doing server maintenance then got hit by a DDoS like they claimed, or if it was a DDoS from the start (my personal theory), because in the end.... games still crashed out, burned, and dead until they load up the new server.

That is reality, and no amount of speculation, demanding of answers or anything else will change it. For now goofing off in the forums is all we got, and like it or not, your thread witch didn't really start off with a topic, is where we all came to do it.

Just now, Etanazzi said:

So, this is an Austrian, on the roof of Japanese people in cars. With the Eiffel Tower in the background.

Whatever they were on for this. I want some.

By the way there is a tower like that in Tokyo

On 6/28/2020 at 12:53 AM, Jenny Lakeland said:

I hope for all the kind people on here, that the new server will be running smooth and gentle and they dont have this horrible amount of crashes anymore, I will check back on this at the end of 2021.

For someone that says she'll check back at the end of 2021, your clock must also have a problem... it's tuesday 6/30/2020 now and you're checking back... :)

35 minutes ago, Etanazzi said:

Aight, here we go for the 100th time. Snick hold my whiskey please.

DDoS attack make box worker harder. the drives spinny more faster. Or pokey more holes in the non-conductive film if SSD.

Datacenter call, say drive brokey, buy new one?

Someone that works for 3dx be like. "naw Fuck this shit." calls some fully managed datacenter and (hopefully) asks for managed DDoS protection.

Now someone reinstalling server software on new server hardware and making sure the new  surrounding network infrastructure is acceptable and will handle under load.

When it works and doesn't crash every 10 seconds they'll let us on. They won't before-hand because if they did and it crashed, you'd all flip your gawd damn lids again.

The End.

Yeah, it could have failed because of the DDoS for a number of reasons -- but this downtime would have happened regardless of maintenance if the drive died. It kinda sounds like that the drive died while they were implementing an update, during a DDoS. That's plenty of load for a server. Sounds like the hamster didn't fall off the wheel, it sounds like the wheel exploded and threw the hamster to its death.

It does sound like they abandoned the careful plan, though, so we could be online earlier -- and are making the game free for those of us that are already on in exchange for our beta testing.

It sounds like they were in the middle of switching to the new datacenter thing with the new server being in alpha, but perhaps this proved that the datacenter they were previously [currently, but soon leaving] with wasn't suited for its purposes.

11 minutes ago, Etanazzi said:

oWo

redheadrider pets Eta.

1 minute ago, Snick said:

I'll have you know my pixels get plenty fucked....

I load into skyrim and get murdered every couple of minutes

Wait... I thought Skyrim is also for the sex mods only... people do die in there? Oh my God... I have been playing it the wrong way back in the day