3DXChat Community

could not connect to the server

Valen

3 minutes ago, Flococo said:

mmmmmmh, it starts to be as interesting as 3DX Chat,  without bugs, lags and crashes… Thanks all guys 💖

Well, im pretty sure Etan is already drunk and on the floor..... so all we're missing is some people fucking in the middle of all this and shouting out the occasional things

I would like to stay with my topic in this thread! It doesn't get us any further if you post cute animals, or post music videos, or post senseless comments, just to increase the number of your posts in order to appear important! Between the 2nd and 3rd attacks, which create so much chaos that even hard drives say goodbye, was the worst time to play since I stayed in 3dx. So wait and see, and what's important, stick to the topic. Thank you!

5 minutes ago, Valen said:

I would like to stay with my topic in this thread! It doesn't get us any further if you post cute animals, or post music videos, or post senseless comments

The thing is..... there really isnt a topic.

You couldn't connect because the server was gone, and none of us will be able to until they get the move finished. Until then all we can do is wait, if everyone is going off topic and posting random stuff or being silly in the thread, then think of it as stress relief while waiting for the game to be moved over to the new servers, and since information has been shared in this thread so far as it poped up, you could almost consider this a mega thread, everyone comes here to check up on status, let off some steam, and so on.

11 hours ago, Lullaby said:

people ... come to your senses! You don’t even know if this will work again! I just propose asking the administration a question about when the server will start working ... I also love this virtual world and every night I try to get there, but it's stupid to waste my time on it ...

It may not be known, and it's risky for them to promise a date or to even suggest a date if they aren't 100% confident in their fix, or if they aren't confident they won't run into bugs.

8 hours ago, Tali said:

Weird that they don't know who was reponsible for the first attack. Chances are these are the same people.

Though I don't really know much about that topic. Maybe someone who knows programming can tell me if DDoS attacks can be easily tracked or not. xD

They don't have much to work with. IPs don't help much because most DDoS attacks are through "botnets", groups of compromised computing devices, like routers, smart fridges, smart speakers, smart lightbulbs, laptops, etc.... The attacks would be coming from the addresses of "innocents". The only way they could figure out whom attacked us is to either to shut down the DDoS provider and take over the command and control server of the botnet, thus taking it over and possibly seeing someone paid for the game to be attacked, or to see one of those attacking devices and find out which C&C server it's speaking to.

7 hours ago, Pantherliza said:

There was talk about transferring accounts (most likely without gifts and friends lists, I think so). It does not take a lot of time. Because It will be comparable to the game on the test server as before😃

If they only transferred accounts, no pictures, and regardless of if they included rooms.... they'd easily handle the upload within the hour even if they're at home. [It would likely take weeks for all those pictures...] I'd suspect that integrating the data into the new server would take longer than the upload time. I think in the case I speak of they'd have up to 20-100MB of data for all of us.

7 hours ago, Jenny Lakeland said:

well then it will be back tomorrow 🤪 how faster the better, but .................I just HOPE for it !

Depends on if rumors and my analysis is correct, that might be the case, but you'll have to reupload pictures later.

13 hours ago, Volvin said:

So pretty much nobody knows when the game will be available again? Usually (not always) when other games experience problems like this they can at least estimate when the game will be playable again.

It probably depends on whether their strategy to take in accounts works at scale. If so, it should be quick, especially if they omit media like pictures.

2 minutes ago, Snick said:

The thing is..... there really isnt a topic.

You couldn't connect because the server was gone, and none of us will be able to until they get the move finished. Until then all we can do is wait, if everyone is going off topic and posting random stuff or being silly in the thread, then think of it as stress relief while waiting for the game to be moved over to the new servers, and since information has been shared in this thread so far as it poped up, you could almost consider this a mega thread, everyone comes here to check up on status, let off some steam, and so on.

Naw naw, Snick, he right, this is totes 100% important. Like the server will be about to come back up right. An' then it be like, naw, Valen's thread went off topic so Ima  crash again.

There is no topic. Let's read the opening post:

"everyday an new problem... "we work on this issue" i read since week... sorry... enough is enough"

So.... to stay on topic we should just say #metoo ?

OBVIOUSLY nobody can't connect. and this thread is going well sharing stuff in one place, talking about things and posting updates on the situation, just like Snick said

Edited by Tsela

maybe one or the other should try with reality? Can say from personal experience that it can be very helpful! Draining with Danpf, I see too, just a shame that none of those who play this game sometimes takes a public stance and sometimes explains everything !? Server maintenance, which turns into an attack, which then, strangely enough, destroys the hard drive, is very in need of clarification. not to mention the picture I have of the current data center!

Aight, here we go for the 100th time. Snick hold my whiskey please.

DDoS attack make box worker harder. the drives spinny more faster. Or pokey more holes in the non-conductive film if SSD.

Datacenter call, say drive brokey, buy new one?

Someone that works for 3dx be like. "naw Fuck this shit." calls some fully managed datacenter and (hopefully) asks for managed DDoS protection.

Now someone reinstalling server software on new server hardware and making sure the new  surrounding network infrastructure is acceptable and will handle under load.

When it works and doesn't crash every 10 seconds they'll let us on. They won't before-hand because if they did and it crashed, you'd all flip your gawd damn lids again.

The End.

Edited by Etanazzi

30 minutes ago, Valen said:

I would like to stay with my topic in this thread! It doesn't get us any further if you post cute animals, or post music videos, or post senseless comments, just to increase the number of your posts in order to appear important! Between the 2nd and 3rd attacks, which create so much chaos that even hard drives say goodbye, was the worst time to play since I stayed in 3dx. So wait and see, and what's important, stick to the topic. Thank you!

IMG_0222[1].JPG