3DXChat Community

could not connect to the server

Valen

on GTA RP ARK or other type servers where the majority of the servers are cardboard it is understandable but on a paid game for years which has the best of the best dedicated server there are DoS attacks it is supposed to be protected by a softwair that blocks unwanted connections and in addition to a paid game or you can not enter without paying it is difficult to make attacks as easily

15 minutes ago, Tohi said:

there is a very simple solution regarding this problem: change the server IP of the machine so that the person attacking the server can no longer have the destination address of the attack🧐

I suspect you don't have a clue what you're talking about 😂

Peace & Love

Edited by Emily

9 minutes ago, Lux lnterior said:

46l7g1.jpg

It is not a DDOS attack.
It's all an excuse (I think TOHI explained it well).

The server has been having big problems for weeks .... He has probably reached the limit and this is the consequence.

Edited by Meowww

11 minutes ago, Anaganda said:

they took the server offline for maintenance... then it got ddos'd  🙄

hmmmm... can a server even be attacked while it's offline? 

giphy.gif

Thing is... in short words - it can.

DDoS attacks are targeting networking hardware. Like routers, i.e. And the term "server" is too wide to mean ONLY networking stuff.

Basically in our case "server" means the software running on a computer and only responsible for handling requests from client software. Or "server" could mean the computer itself, but still - routing H/W has nothing to do with it.

Router (let's call it that way) is in charge of providing these requests. So while you have your 3DX server shut down you can still have (and in most cases you have) your routing hardware keep running and doing its job. And consecutively it could be a subject of a DDoS attack.

Think of it as of your laptop and wi-fi router. You can shut down your laptop and still have your wi-fi up and available for your phone/smart tv/etc.

ps: although i doubt it is a DDoS attack in fact. I was there (in game) when the server stopped working and there weren't any signs of a DDoS incoming. Usually you experince lags and loss of packets prior to such attacks, when the server is still managing to keep connection up, but gradually drops quality of that connection - there weren't any sympthoms like that, at least for me. Just saying.

@Emileseriously this is a profile bra that is telling me that 🤣

what do you know about me do you know my professional background in video games in server development to server management on multiple games i don't think so🧐 PooPoooPooooo

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, Meowww said:

It is not a DDOS attack.
It's all an excuse (I think TOHI explained it well).

The server has been having big problems for weeks .... He has probably reached the limit and this is the consequence.

Well, I hope you're right.

Cause if you aren't and the game is under another DDoS attack, that really bad news cause it means 3DX is targeted and they have big troubles with that.

4 minutes ago, Tohi said:

@Emileseriously this is a profile bra that is telling me that 🤣

what do you know about me do you know my professional background in video games in server development to server management on multiple games i don't think so🧐 PooPoooPooooo

giphy.gif

it is not a bra, but a beautiful corset, and I hope you like it! 😊