3DXChat Community

x

Lover

41 minutes ago, Loruna said:

Pandora wasnt that bad in the right hands. But without context pandora is a real drama producer. 
If Pandora got used against dramamakers it was fine. But as in my example, people used it to harass people they dont like as well.

People see a male avi on my account and saying that I am a fake or fooling people.
They would not bother to ask why I have that avi or how much I play that avi.
They only care for the "fake or fooling" part. And I am for sure not the only one that had that problem.

So. When Pandora gets used against people that cause trouble and all, okay. But people will misuse it again.
And it will be more drama, more mistrust again. People will check Pandora first, before going to meet closer.

As everything in life, Pandora had a good and a bad side. But the bad side was, in my opinion, the bigger side.
But as I said. When the devs manage to make the ignore account wide without systems like pandora will come back, I am totally down for it.

I'm not sure if the right person ever existed. I mean you would trust any player here assuming authority over others using a program like that? I think it all should be left to the authority of devs and ingame moderators if anyone is tasked with this responsibility by the developers, and in this case they already have access to our accounts without any shady Pandora system.

I'm not an expert though, who knows maybe there can be a work around to have account tied ignore system and still avoid exploits.... But for now they probably took it as the safest way, even if it might be annoying in some cases.

48 minutes ago, Loruna said:

Pandora wasnt that bad in the right hands. But without context pandora is a real drama producer. 
If Pandora got used against dramamakers it was fine. But as in my example, people used it to harass people they dont like as well.

People see a male avi on my account and saying that I am a fake or fooling people.
They would not bother to ask why I have that avi or how much I play that avi.
They only care for the "fake or fooling" part. And I am for sure not the only one that had that problem.

So. When Pandora gets used against people that cause trouble and all, okay. But people will misuse it again.
And it will be more drama, more mistrust again. People will check Pandora first, before going to meet closer.

As everything in life, Pandora had a good and a bad side. But the bad side was, in my opinion, the bigger side.
But as I said. When the devs manage to make the ignore account wide without systems like pandora will come back, I am totally down for it.

🇫🇷 Je suis désolé de poser cette question. Cela va vous paraitre stupide, mais n'étant là que depuis, presque, un an. Il y a encore des choses qui m'échappent, que je découvre et que j'apprends. Qu'est ce que Pandora ? Si je lis bien, c'était un système qui permettait de savoir s'il y avait de multiples avatars sur un compte ? C'est bien ça ?

🇺🇸 I'm sorry to ask this question. This is going to sound silly, but having only been here, almost, a year. There are still things I don't understand, , that I discover and that I learn. What is Pandora? If I read correctly, it was a system that allowed to know if there were multiple avatars on an account? Is that right?

Edited by Khallum Troy

1 minute ago, Khallum Troy said:

🇫🇷 Je suis désolé de poser cette question. Cela va vous paraitre stupide, mais n'étant là que depuis, presque, un an. Il y a encore des choses qui m'échappent, que je découvre et que j'apprends. Qu'est ce que Pandora ? Si je lis bien, c'était un système qui permettait de savoir s'il y avait de multiples avatars sur un compte ? C'est bien ça ?

🇺🇸 I'm sorry to ask this question. This is going to sound silly, but having only been here, almost, a year. There are still things I don't understand, , that I discover and that I learn. What is Pandora? If I read correctly, it was a system that allowed to know if there were multiple avatars on an account? Is that right?

Pandora was basically a security issue, a program that was used by people to exploit the security flaws of the game and dig around eachothers accounts to see what other alts they have, check their friends, or see not only their current gifts, but even those they deleted long ago. It basically wiped out their privacy. And led to all sort of drama, blackmail and really jerk behavior between players.

12 minutes ago, Tsela said:

Pandora was basically a security issue, a program that was used by people to exploit the security flaws of the game and dig around eachothers accounts to see what other alts they have, check their friends, or see not only their current gifts, but even those they deleted long ago. It basically wiped out their privacy. And led to all sort of drama, blackmail and really jerk behavior between players.

🇫🇷 D'accord. Je comprends. Merci pour tes précisions. 👍

🇺🇸 All right. I understand. Thanks for your clarification. 👍

16 minutes ago, Khallum Troy said:

Tsela already answered that. But Tsela missed one big part of Pandora. It showed EVERY Avatar that was ever created on your account. I am not sure if it showed how long you played them, but it showed all of your characters. Even those that are long time deleted. Furthermore you also was able to see old pictures in galleries of the accounts.

@TselaYes, you are obviously right. For me, everyone who used Pandora, did not and never will earn my trust. When someone has to stalk my account and cant believe me without Pandora, they arent worth of my trust. But thats a personal opinion because I had trouble with it. But looking at Pandora in an objectively way, it has it good sides as well. But I agree that noone should be allowed to do that besides the Devs.

1 hour ago, Loruna said:

Tsela already answered that. But Tsela missed one big part of Pandora. It showed EVERY Avatar that was ever created on your account. I am not sure if it showed how long you played them, but it showed all of your characters. Even those that are long time deleted. Furthermore you also was able to see old pictures in galleries of the accounts.

@TselaYes, you are obviously right. For me, everyone who used Pandora, did not and never will earn my trust. When someone has to stalk my account and cant believe me without Pandora, they arent worth of my trust. But thats a personal opinion because I had trouble with it. But looking at Pandora in an objectively way, it has it good sides as well. But I agree that noone should be allowed to do that besides the Devs.

🇫🇷 D'accord, merci de toutes ces précisions. De toutes les façons c'est comme tout ce qui existe. Chaque chose à une utilité et une façon bien précise de s'en servir, mais des l'instant ou l'utilisation d'un objet ou d'un outil est détournée de son but initial, cela peut ou être bien voir mieux, ou alors ça peut être mauvais. Et c'est encore plus mauvais lorsque cela tombe entre de mauvaises mains.

Il y a une chose que j'adore citer :
La loi de Murphy, (ou loi de l'emmerdement maximum)
« Tout ce qui est susceptible d'aller mal ira mal. » Ou, selon une variante plus détaillée : « S'il existe au moins deux façons de faire quelque chose et qu'au moins l'une de ces façons peut entraîner une catastrophe, il se trouvera forcément quelqu'un quelque part pour emprunter cette voie. »
Elle peut s'adapter de bien des façons. lol

🇺🇸 Okay, thanks for all the clarification. Anyway, it's like everything else that exists. Each thing has a use and a precise way to use it, but from the moment when the use of an object or a tool is diverted from its initial purpose, it can either be good or even better, or it can be bad. And it is even worse when it falls into the wrong hands.

There is one thing I love to quote:
Murphy's law, (or law of maximum annoyance)
"Anything that is likely to go wrong will go wrong. " Or, in a more detailed variant: "If there are at least two ways to do something and at least one of those ways can result in a catastrophe, someone somewhere is bound to take that route. "
It can be adapted in many ways. lol

I am All for account wide iggy as long as its done right. We used to be able to identify people alts using ignore. Way before Pandora. I always thought maybe this was one reason they made it per avatar. Got rid of pandora and killed two birds with one stone. On one hand players need the ability to create alts and keep them secret. On the other hand these alts can be used for drama. Its a tough scenario. I am all for account wide ignore as long as its done right and does not cause some loopholes that create more drama then it is supposed to detour. 

Edited by Nymphpott

Pandora scanned the game, it used the full ignore system to get the playerID and once it had that could use it to find out other information about the player. It couldn't go back and find details like past alts a person had but could keep its own record of such. ie, you create an alt and Pandora scans you it would then store the information on that alt and keep it. So if someone used Pandora to view your details even if you had deleted that alt months before it would still show up.

The way Pandora will have worked meant the person who created it had to use one of his accounts, be logged into the game and run a script to go through all the saved playerIDs, scan them for new info and also look for new players through info they got from them. There is a player I suspected as I knew he knew how to do that sort of thing plus I use to often see his avi just standing around afk for hours. That same player I also suspect as being the main person behind the copied game. 

It is my opinion that Gizmo took the easy way out as he could have done what they do in other games and set up his on scan to look for people accessing the game data that way. He could stopped Pandora from being able to get its info that way.

I had the same problem as Loruna, I use to have a male avi for the same reason as her, lots of us do. I also once let a friend create an avi for himself to go in and check out the game. Except for that one I had named my male avis names that people would not able to use to hassle me that way. Names like MyMaleSlave or BetterrThanBob meant they couldn't say I was suing them for anything other than I was. But when I let my friend use it he named it Billy something and a particular person in these forums made a big deal out of it. So I understand fully what Loruna is on about. I don't agree that is the worse of the 2 evils though.

Although Pandora had its down side it did stop a lot of what is common in the game that can make a persons game hell. The players that like to do things to hassle other players were made to think twice before doing so, they took a big risk in being found out if they did. So the amount of times that happened went well down and it appeared that most that did went to extent of creating more accounts. The game creates a lot of distrust and a lot of that happens because of the way people use alts. How many times have you seen in these forums people saying things like stick with people you know, don't trust people until they prove they can be trusted and things like that which is really how you have to play the game if you want to stay safe. New players have to put up with people not trusting they are actually new players and can often cause them to not continue in the game. As I mentioned in an earlier post the popular players are the main ones targeted by these assholes using their alts. I saw loads of players who had done lots for the game, creating fun for others that had become popular for doing so just to see them have to start keeping a low profile because they had been targeted. The crap I cooped from that same player who had looked at me using Pandora with him using alts to hassle me, having to watch for alts trying to effect not only my game but my friends games, not being able to trust new players that approached me and a lot of other problems that miss use of alts created was far worse. 

Now I don't agree with letting Pandora exist and do agree that if something like that should be around it should be handled by the devs themselves. I suggested once, when it was all hitting the fan, that a system should be set up where if a player is creating trouble for you, we should be able to place a report and request a either a full account ignore or be able to get that info. If that was offered Pandora would not have been able to do business and the assholes will still had to think twice before doing the things they do.

For me it was a big part of deciding to give up on the game. I got pissed off with not being able to do a lot of things I enjoyed doing in fear of attracting these assholes attention.

Edited by Twiggy

6 hours ago, ☙𝔼𝕩❧ said:

Pandora was created for making money. People had to pay for using that and It had a paid feature to hide an account history. 

Which basically made Pandora extortion pay money we keep your account private its possible to issue an account ban or an ignore function where it nbans all the avatars it possible to do so in almost all mmorpgs and while this is more of a social platform it has an ignore function which if you can ignore the main avi should allow to iggy all of them just IMO Peace

When one is choosing to 'ignore' an avatar in game it isn't because of the avatar, but the behavior of the user controlling the avatar.  That user may change character, but I doubt their behavior does.  Ignore should be an account level feature.  I say this not knowing what Pandora was/is or the technical nuances that allowed alts to be exposed/exploited, but it is a shame this problem exists.

We only lose good people from the game when they can't get out from under trolls and drama makers.

This reminds me of a user over on a 3DX related discord server I frequented.  I was posting a few corny comments and using by self deprecating wit to flirt with a couple of members.  Out of the blue another member private messaged me to be careful.  I asked why.  The response from this person was that the members I was flirting with were actually male, not female as their avatars' would suggest.  I asked this person how they knew this.  They provided screenshots of some code showing these members had multiple avatars in game, both female and male.  I asked what this proved.  This person assumes that if a user has multiple avatars, and one of them is male, they must be male.  Huh??  I wished this person well and moved on.  I felt bit sorry for this person, because I believe they are just finding ways to pin their struggle to interact on others, versus looking at their own behavior.

1 hour ago, JackPine said:

This reminds me of a user over on a 3DX related discord server I frequented.  I was posting a few corny comments and using by self deprecating wit to flirt with a couple of members.  Out of the blue another member private messaged me to be careful.  I asked why.  The response from this person was that the members I was flirting with were actually male, not female as their avatars' would suggest.  I asked this person how they knew this.  They provided screenshots of some code showing these members had multiple avatars in game, both female and male.  I asked what this proved.  This person assumes that if a user has multiple avatars, and one of them is male, they must be male.  Huh??  I wished this person well and moved on.  I felt bit sorry for this person, because I believe they are just finding ways to pin their struggle to interact on others, versus looking at their own behavior.

That kinda what happend to me when pandora was a thing. Only that I was in the position of that woman that gets assumed to be a male just because having other avis than the main. As I said, I am happy when the devs are able to bring back the account wide ignore, when they can assure that pandora wont come back.

31 minutes ago, ☙𝔼𝕩❧ said:

This proved that they are </PM drama makers> lol 

I had seen how this person acted previously on both discord and in game, so as soon as I received their private message I was already thinking, "Here we go again!"

I commend all of you that are able to filter all the garbage and hate out, and still have a positive influence on the game and people like me.  For those that have not, I don't blame you.  I was recently involved in some negativity and bad behavior and I despised it.  It wasn't even directed at me, but it made be quite angry.   

Try kindness, it never hurts and feels quite good actually.

On 6/27/2020 at 12:28 PM, Lover said:

Hello 3DXChat developers, I would ask you to make The ignore system work on all the account not just one avatar , Pleas make this place more safty.

(When use ignore system it means to ignore the bad person who use the account not just one avatar and give the bad people 3 chances to be bad).

It is same as when 3DX devs ban somebody acted badly,,, Is the ban on just one alt or all the account,,, Ignore system must be the same,,

Well such system is in some other non sexual games! And its really good sugestion! I dont think they will ever obey u anyway! Because sometimes ppl make "ignore" by mistake! And then must wait 1hour till can remove that person-this really doesnt make any sense making 1hour countdown :D For example u speak with someobody, getting know each other..Ask if can add him/her as friend and by mistake u click at ignore list instead of "friend request" it can really happen easily if u are extremely tired or drunk :D

If a account wide Ignore isn’t possible, then just give us a Account Nickname or Handle. 

Most other multiplayer games that allow multiple characters use variations of <Character Name>@<Account Handle>

So on someone’s profile there would be a tag behind their Avi name, with their account handle. 

1 hour ago, Derai said:

If a account wide Ignore isn’t possible, then just give us a Account Nickname or Handle. 

Most other multiplayer games that allow multiple characters use variations of <Character Name>@<Account Handle>

So on someone’s profile there would be a tag behind their Avi name, with their account handle. 

This has been suggested before, it tends to get bad reactions from EX especially. Although lots agree it is something needed there are also those who don't and fight hard to not have it. I myself had fought for this many times and got nowhere. 

I came to believe that Gizmo wants to let people be able to have 3 separate games going with their avis and doesn't care about the negatives it causes. Also doesn't care about how it makes it so easy for the ass holes to be ass holes and hide behind alts to do so.

37 minutes ago, Twiggy said:

Also doesn't care about how it makes it so easy for the ass holes to be ass holes and hide behind alts to do so.

Maybe someone should explain to him that the suggestion would mean the ‘assholes’ have to buy more accounts to be able to continue being incognito. So more money for 3DX. Lol. 

I don't think that Gizmo and Lisa want assholes in their game, no matter if these assholes pay for one account of three. Assholes ruining people's experience and making people leave the game so I doubt that even asshole paying for three accounts is worthwhile addition to the game. Yeah, the current system convenient for them, but it's just an unpleasant side effect.  

About making alts visible or not - it is the question of priority. Who is the priority - the ones who see this as a sex/RP game first of all, or the ones who see this as a social game first of all. I mean, I understand that it's usually both - people who RP often socialize as well, and most of people who socialize also can enjoy RP or just some virtual sex with dirty talk and stuff, but almost everyone have their leaning to one of the aspects of 3dxchat.

For the people who here most of all because of social side, visibility of alts sure would be a very good feature - it would let them building relationship in more stable and honest environment, without worrying that someone fucks with their mind or fucks behind their back with others if they are into exclusivity. As an unpleasant side effect... If some person/group stalking you - you can't escape from them even on new avi. Only new account.

For the people who here mostly for ERP, visible alts may be inconvenient and stressful, because sometimes person just want to play a "character", without being bothered by people they know. As an unpleasant side effect... Assholes can abuse this system and fuck with people minds. 

So basically its about a choice. Which part of playerbase is priority. Socializing folks or the ones for who here first of all for RP or virtual sex. And I believe its a second group because of the decisions made before. Besides, 3dxchat self-proclaims most of all as sex game. 

What I think about making an alts public personally... I think, if we talk about it abstractly, its not a bad thing, maybe even a good one, but only if it would be here from the beginning of the game.  It's simply not fair - to first give people privacy in this aspect and then take that privacy away. It does not work like this. You either make something private or you make it public, its not respectful to your client to first give privacy, then take it away.

Imagine if you would register in some social network and it would have communities in it. And you could make communities you joined private and not visible in your profile. Or maybe even make an option to not appear in community members list, so you can just read the posts and stuff. And then, after some update, all communities everyone joined would become visible for everyone. Would it be fair and respectful to users, who were expect that this information is district and suddenly their privacy was ripped off? Not at all, maybe some of you would say that its a right way to do thing, that people should not have dirty and not so dirty secrets from friends and stuff like this, but the fact is - it would clearly show that owner of the platform don't respect its users. You either give privacy and then protect it, or you don't give privacy. You can't give it then take it away as you wish and expect your clients to be fine with it. (I am not talking about special cases when crime/danger is involved ofc, and I am talking about RL crimes, not some bullshit like cheating partner in a sexgame)

2 minutes ago, Xizi said:

I don't think that Gizmo and Lisa want assholes in their game, no matter if these assholes pay for one account of three. Assholes ruining people's experience and making people leave the game so I doubt that even asshole paying for three accounts is worthwhile addition to the game. Yeah, the current system convenient for them, but it's just an unpleasant side effect.  

About making alts visible or not - it is the question of priority. Who is the priority - the ones who see this as a sex/RP game first of all, or the ones who see this as a social game first of all. I mean, I understand that it's usually both - people who RP often socialize as well, and most of people who socialize also can enjoy RP or just some virtual sex with dirty talk and stuff, but almost everyone have their leaning to one of the aspects of 3dxchat.

For the people who here most of all because of social side, visibility of alts sure would be a very good feature - it would let them building relationship in more stable and honest environment, without worrying that someone fucks with their mind or fucks behind their back with others if they are into exclusivity. As an unpleasant side effect... If some person/group stalking you - you can't escape from them even on new avi. Only new account.

For the people who here mostly for ERP, visible alts may be inconvenient and stressful, because sometimes person just want to play a "character", without being bothered by people they know. As an unpleasant side effect... Assholes can abuse this system and fuck with people minds. 

So basically its about a choice. Which part of playerbase is priority. Socializing folks or the ones for who here first of all for RP or virtual sex. And I believe its a second group because of the decisions made before. Besides, 3dxchat self-proclaims most of all as sex game. 

What I think about making an alts public personally... I think, if we talk about it abstractly, its not a bad thing, maybe even a good one, but only if it would be here from the beginning of the game.  It's simply not fair - to first give people privacy in this aspect and then take that privacy away. It does not work like this. You either make something private or you make it public, its not respectful to your client to first give privacy, then take it away.

Imagine if you would register in some social network and it would have communities in it. And you could make communities you joined private and not visible in your profile. Or maybe even make an option to not appear in community members list, so you can just read the posts and stuff. And then, after some update, all communities everyone joined would become visible for everyone. Would it be fair and respectful to users, who were expect that this information is district and suddenly their privacy was ripped off? Not at all, maybe some of you would say that its a right way to do thing, that people should not have dirty and not so dirty secrets from friends and stuff like this, but the fact is - it would clearly show that owner of the platform don't respect its users. You either give privacy and then protect it, or you don't give privacy. You can't give it then take it away as you wish and expect your clients to be fine with it. (I am not talking about special cases when crime/danger is involved ofc, and I am talking about RL crimes, not some bullshit like cheating partner in a sexgame)

I do see your points.
And I agree that there are arguments for both sides of this issue.
I can see the appeal of anonymity, but I can also feel for those that get paranoid.
Heck, there have been times when I met a 'new player' that felt just a bit -to- friendly, to nice, to good to be true. And I caught myself thinking "Whos Alt Are you? What's your deal...?"

The whole issue of 'Alts' has been, and will continue to be a Hot Topic in this community.
And while we can suggest this or that, I don't think any One solution will work.
The whole thing is way to nuanced and complex.

For me the bottom line is this.  Give the user an option to ignore/block account.  If the underlying database code is built right, should be doable, and still keep which avatars are linked to which accounts private.

I left Facebook for similar reasons.  Privacy is entirely out the window there.  I feel safer here in a sex game.  Just would like all to feel the same, and allow them to filter out the assholes. 

22 minutes ago, Derai said:

Heck, there have been times when I met a 'new player' that felt just a bit -to- friendly, to nice, to good to be true. And I caught myself thinking "Whos Alt Are you? What's your deal...?"

Mhm. I believe most of us, who here long enough, have experienced such a situation.

I understand and agree that alts system brings its problems. I just don't see any harmless way to solve it.

16 minutes ago, JackPine said:

For me the bottom line is this.  Give the user an option to ignore/block account.  If the underlying database code is built right, should be doable, and still keep which avatars are linked to which accounts private.

I think almost everyone would agree on it. I think its mostly the people who use alts to abuse/stalk others are against account wide ignore itself. People who are against account wide ignore usually not against this system itself, but against pandora or something similar that can be bring back to life with account wide ignore. If devs could make ignore system account wide without making possible for pandora or another harmful service to return and intrude people's privacy - it would be the best solution that would make wast majority of players happier.

Edited by Xizi

It wasn't just pandora, I agree with JackPine that there could be a full ignore system put in that pandora couldn't take advantage of. When it was all in the works and full account ignore was taken away it also came out that people didn't like the way the full ignore system could be used just in game, to find out who owned alts. For example you suspect someone, ignore him or her and see if the suspect alt is ignored as well. So even if they can make it so pandora couldn't take advantage people would still complain.

Yes if we could see what account alts belonged to can effect the game in ways Xizi pointed out but having it so alts are known to be alts without being able to see what account they belong to does not. For example there was a time I and my BF had alts that we used to go in the game and have it so we could get some private time without people knowing it was us. It would have made no difference what so ever if it was shown they were alts. But people don't even want to allow that. Reason being there are so many people playing 2 or 3 games in 3DXChat, and mostly around the same friends. They see it as doing nothing wrong, but they also know if they get found out people won't like it and for good reason. It is not just some people playing more than one game, there are lots of them. there are more female avis in the game that are played by men than there are females, and most of those men have a male avi as well. If one had to be shown as an alt they couldn't do it. That is the main reason it is all left the way it is and why we no longer have a full ignore system.

Edited by Twiggy

Hey I don't think this has ever been suggested before and you will need to think about it for a bit to see that maybe it could be a solution, as when you 1st look at it sounds totally radical. But what about have it so we have the present single ignore we have now but also have a full account ignore that costs say 5k. That way pandora won't work without paying for it and people won't go on witch hunts as it will cost them. And if you have someone that is really harassing you it will be worth 5k.

Or maybe have it so there is a limit to how many times you can use the full ignore each week or even each day. If you could only do one a day then pandora won't work and even witch hunts wouldn't be easy.

Edited by Twiggy

5 hours ago, Twiggy said:

It wasn't just pandora, I agree with JackPine that there could be a full ignore system put in that pandora couldn't take advantage of. When it was all in the works and full account ignore was taken away it also came out that people didn't like the way the full ignore system could be used just in game, to find out who owned alts. For example you suspect someone, ignore him or her and see if the suspect alt is ignored as well. So even if they can make it so pandora couldn't take advantage people would still complain.

Yes if we could see what account alts belonged to can effect the game in ways Xizi pointed out but having it so alts are known to be alts without being able to see what account they belong to does not. For example there was a time I and my BF had alts that we used to go in the game and have it so we could get some private time without people knowing it was us. It would have made no difference what so ever if it was shown they were alts. But people don't even want to allow that. Reason being there are so many people playing 2 or 3 games in 3DXChat, and mostly around the same friends. They see it as doing nothing wrong, but they also know if they get found out people won't like it and for good reason. It is not just some people playing more than one game, there are lots of them. there are more female avis in the game that are played by men than there are females, and most of those men have a male avi as well. If one had to be shown as an alt they couldn't do it. That is the main reason it is all left the way it is and why we no longer have a full ignore system.

So their right to lie out weighs our right to be safe? 

Example I was vl married to a guy once who tested me with another guy.  I did not take the bait but I ignored it.  Next thing I knew I got a really pissed off message from the guy testing me.  HE was pissed I ignored him. The nerve!!  I had no clue I was ignoring him.  But yes it sure was nice to know.  And now I know he is out there pulling that crap on others because he can get away with it.

Same guy.  Gave him a second chance.  He blew it.  I broke it off again.  Then he stalked me.  In game and in real life.  He told others he was going to come for me to convince me we were meant to be together.  I must have blocked 8 different alts by him.  Just crazy.  And Scary.  He was asked to leave me alone by many of my in game friends.  He refused to listen.  I had to go to the cops to get him to listen.  You can say "its just a game" all you want and laugh it off till it crosses a line and some creep is sending you roses and balloons and cards to your rl home and telling people he is coming for you.  Then it gets real fast.

3DX has to do something to protect the innocent from the evil.  The evil doesn't need to like it.