3DXChat Community

x

Lover

the ignored system should work so that we can no longer speak to the person and they can no longer speak to us, that they can be seen in one room or another is not very disturbing. (after the system it shouldn't have been changed because I remember that last year when I blocked a person it's the whole account not just the avatar) 😗

6 hours ago, Lover said:

Hello 3DXChat developers, I would ask you to make The ignore system work on all the account not just one avatar , Pleas make this place more safty.

(When use ignore system it means to ignore the bad person who use the account not just one avatar and give the bad people 3 chances to be bad).

It is same as when 3DX devs ban somebody acted badly,,, Is the ban on just one alt or all the account,,, Ignore system must be the same,,

I have been asking for the return of this since it was removed.  I had a stalker on game (no big deal) that took it rl (VERY big deal).  I called the police. They acted. I notified 3DX they did nothing.  So we keep having to ignore him on up to about 10 avis now.  If I could ignore the account I'd not have this issue.  I ignore the operator not his cartoon, as I am sure others do as well.

PS. Please don't provide me the reasons it went away yet again. I am aware.  When I compare the inconvenience of Pandora to the safety of 3DX clients the inconvenience comes up quite short.

Edited by SusanLouisa

1 hour ago, SusanLouisa said:

I have been asking for the return of this since it was removed.  I had a stalker on game (no big deal) that took it rl (VERY big deal).  I called the police. They acted. I notified 3DX they did nothing.  So we keep having to ignore him on up to about 10 avis now.  If I could ignore the account I'd not have this issue.  I ignore the operator not his cartoon, as I am sure others do as well.

PS. Please don't provide me the reasons it went away yet again. I am aware.  When I compare the inconvenience of Pandora to the safety of 3DX clients the inconvenience comes up quite short.

Well, the number of stalking alts multiplied after accountwide ignore was removed.

And is really hard to keep track of all mentally diseased people's new alts. Accountwide ignore would really help with that.

I agree with the account ignore system, if it doesn't give a life to such terrible things like "Pandora", which itself can and did create more drama than the current system of ignoring. 

PS: I guess if developers can do this, they will do this. If they can't, not today then. I bet that many pandora-stalkers wishing to come the old system back, right? :lol:

On 6/27/2020 at 2:08 PM, Lux lnterior said:

Well, the number of stalking alts multiplied after accountwide ignore was removed.

And is really hard to keep track of all mentally diseased people's new alts. Accountwide ignore would really help with that.

I completely agree with you. Pandora is dead now. Make it against the game rules to use it should it return and anyone caught gets banned. Easy. Protect the safety of your clients!!

• 11 months later...
On 6/27/2020 at 5:28 AM, Lover said:

Hello 3DXChat developers, I would ask you to make The ignore system work on all the account not just one avatar , Pleas make this place more safty.

(When use ignore system it means to ignore the bad person who use the account not just one avatar and give the bad people 3 chances to be bad).

It is same as when 3DX devs ban somebody acted badly,,, Is the ban on just one alt or all the account,,, Ignore system must be the same,,

As someone who has now fell victim to UNLIMITED avatars/alts entering my room last night as part of a seemingly automated or semi-automated attack on me and my club, Red Line Bar, I support the original post and hereby call upon Gizmo/3DX Devs to bring back the ignore of the entire account and not just a single avatar. Who started this? CairLinn.

14 minutes ago, JamieLynn said:

As someone who has now fell victim to UNLIMITED avatars/alts entering my room last night as part of a seemingly automated or semi-automated attack on me and my club, Red Line Bar, I support the original post and hereby call upon Gizmo/3DX Devs to bring back the ignore of the entire account and not just a single avatar. Who started this? CairLinn.

It needs to be done by IP address and location (IP can be changed...location a little harder to do).

I agree with the OP both for IGNORE ACCOUNT function and as a bonus, let us, for gods sake, be able to do a search for a Avatar name so we can preemptively Ignore an avatar/account without having to catch them in Global or having them disturb a room we are in. Search Avatar function should be simple to implement. 

1 hour ago, SpicySweet said:

It needs to be done by IP address and location (IP can be changed...location a little harder to do).

No. It does not work via IP.  It works via the account.  If I ignore you and you have 3 avis on that account all 3 get ignored not just the one.  Now if they have more than one account then yes need to ignore that account on one of their avis again.

I totally agree that the ignore system should be on the whole account, the way it is it makes 3DXChat a haven for people who just like to make there game playing games with other peoples emotions and people who don't care how their game effects other peoples game.

Although the full ignore was mainly taken away because of Pandora I don't think it was the only reason. A lot of people came in these forums complaining about having their alts found out and it being an invasion of privacy. The problem is and what I think effected the devs decision to make it a system for just the one avi is that even without Pandora people could use the full account ignore system to find out who alts belonged to. The problem is there are just to many people in the game that believe they should be able to play 3 separate games with the 3 characters they have. They make it sound innocent but in most cases it is not. I remember one person coming in these forums complaining that people had found out about his 2 different characters. One he played a nice guy and the other he played an asshole. He was nice to people on one and a real prick to the same people on the other and when those people found out he couldn't seem to understand why no one wanted anything to do with him on either character. Others seem to think that using an alt to influence and manipulate people they play with on their main character is fine and just part of the game. Then there are those that use alts for payback and spend their time making a persons game as hellish as they can, that can happen just because you say no to sex to someone. All these things are made very easy for these people to do in 3DXChat with the present system.

The biggest problem is that if a player gains any sort of popularity in the game they are the ones that attract the attention of these people and lots of them end up playing the game keeping a low profile to avoid the trouble it causes. Most of which had gained their popularity through creating fun for people in the game. So the effect it has is to take a lot of the fun out of the game in a lot of different ways, but leave a hand full of people to have fun the way they like to which is messing with others using alts.

@Gizmo Why should people have to play your game having to constantly keep their guards up against alts.

Yes people can make more accounts and do the same thing, but why make it so easy and have it so they don't have to. That just encourages these assholes to 3DXChat because it is easier to do in here than it is in other games.

My opinion is that this is one of the main reasons, if not the main reason, that 3DXChat has failed to gain the numbers it should.

Edited by Twiggy

Indeed It's quite annoying, and bothersome to ignore somebody multiple times because of the different avis they might play, and it's generally unconvenient. I personally never had this issue because I don't really put anyone on the ignore list. Crazy people are part of the world too... what can you do...

However as Twiggy said above, it was exploitable in all sort of ways, there was no best way around it, creating bigger issues and privacy concerns. Programs such as Pandora were a problem not only for those who wanted to hide their identities, but also made people unable to shake off stalkers most of the time, even if they changed their names. Even their deleted gifts were shown by that program and all sort of crazy stuff. So it was a problem.

The way the devs fixed it, is that each avi receives a unique number on the server, so they exist separately, regardless of being on the same account or not.

Well in any case. Maybe they simply chose the lesser evil in this case. Ignoring people multiple times can be bothersome, but it takes a second to ignore someone who bothers you. And you can still report repeated offenders for harassment, if they are persistent. 

I know it sucks, but probably it's the lesser evil and avoids some of the drama that existed here before. It just makes it more difficult for stalkers and other shitheads to track you even if you don't want to have anything to do with them.

Edited by Tsela

Correct me if I am wrong, but from what I remember is that each character you create they are allotted a brand new reference number. Which means all anyone who has been ignored has to do is delete that character and create a new one and be off the ignore list. That allows them to just keep going back and creating problems. 

Why not have it so each space, the 3 slots we have, each have a static reference numbers. Have the ignore permanently placed on the slot so they cant just delete and make a new character to keep harassing. That way they could only do it 3 times instead of the unlimited amount they have now. 3 ignores and your done instead of constant harassment.

Edited by Twiggy

4 hours ago, Twiggy said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but from what I remember is that each character you create they are allotted a brand new reference number. Which means all anyone who has been ignored has to do is delete that character and create a new one and be off the ignore list. That allows them to just keep going back and creating problems. 

Why not have it so each space, the 3 slots we have, each have a static reference numbers. Have the ignore permanently placed on the slot so they cant just delete and make a new character to keep harassing. That way they could only do it 3 times instead of the unlimited amount they have now. 3 ignores and your done instead of constant harassment.

Actually I think it's made like that.

each slot has a unique reference number most probably. I believe so because there are many people for example delete their avi, I saw this countless of times. And create a new name. however when they do that again, and change their name back to the original one they used before (create a new character again with the old name, not with the name change option), their friendlist, gifts even marital status is restored to the state it was when they deleted it. But if another person does that, using teh same name after deletion on another account, this doesn't happen. They actually pop up back on my friendlist automatically also out of blue if they recreate the same name on that account. With their gifts, picture slots, everything preserved. I can't imagine how would this work like that unless the slots themselves receive a reference number and not the newly created character

I don't really know if the ignore status is restored the same way. I didn't have the chance to test that. But I suppose it would if the friend status is restored on a brand new created character

Edited by Tsela

While I am truly sorry for what happens to you people from those people that stalk you and bother you, I am still against it.
Because account-wide ignore systems would allow things like pandora to happen again. And I am fully against it.

Why? Because when it was a thing back then, I got literally harassed with it. I always had 3 avis. My Main Loruna, an second female avi for when I want to have peace/silence and only being with my very close friends, and a male avi for testing MMF poses. Especially now when I want to know which poses are missing so I can create them, that third avi is important to me. But back then, I was literally harassed with this. Fake-Hunters even created a "wall of proves" that I am a fake and spreaded rumours about me. It went so far, that noone except my close friends wanted to do anything with me. They even tried to spread those rumours around my friends and closed ones.

So, a big NO from me!
Though, if the devs can implement an account-wide ignore system without things like pandora happening, then I agree with it.

Edited by Loruna

1 hour ago, Loruna said:

Though, if the devs can implement an account-wide ignore system without things like pandora happening, then I agree with it.

I second this. Account-wide ignore would be a very nice addition to deal with trolls, stalkers and other toxic people, but not at the cost of people's privacy. Its only worth to bring the account wide ignore back if devs can guarantee safety from programs such as pandora while doing it.

🇫🇷 Je viens d'apprendre quelque chose de plus. Je n'étais pas du tout conscient de cela. Je pensais que le fait d'ignorer quelqu'un s'appliquait à l'ensemble du compte.
Je suis totalement d'accord, de ce fait, avec cette proposition. Si on veut ignorer quelqu'un, il est logique qu'on ne souhaite pas avoir affaire à son avatar principal ainsi qu'à ses avatars secondaires, donc de les ignorer tous, automatiquement, plutôt que de chercher avatar après avatar. Sans parler du fait que c'est une perte de temps et d'énergie inutile.

🇺🇸 I just learned something more. I was not aware of this at all. I thought that ignoring someone applied to the whole account.
I totally agree, therefore, with this proposal. If you want to ignore someone, it makes sense that you don't want to deal with their main avatar as well as their secondary avatars, so ignore them all, automatically, rather than searching avatar by avatar. Not to mention the fact that it's an unnecessary waste of time and energy.

It never really made sense to me to only be able to ignore a third of an account/person at a time.

I know nothing of the technicalities, but each individual avi must be linked to the one account somewhere, otherwise we'd need separate logins for each one, so I can't see why theoretically an account wide ignore couldn't be implemented without upsetting whatever it is they have in place that stops a Pandora type program from working.

Though personally, Pandora stopped me from being played on 3 separate occasions, so it wasn't all bad.

Pandora wasnt that bad in the right hands. But without context pandora is a real drama producer. 
If Pandora got used against dramamakers it was fine. But as in my example, people used it to harass people they dont like as well.

People see a male avi on my account and saying that I am a fake or fooling people.
They would not bother to ask why I have that avi or how much I play that avi.
They only care for the "fake or fooling" part. And I am for sure not the only one that had that problem.

So. When Pandora gets used against people that cause trouble and all, okay. But people will misuse it again.
And it will be more drama, more mistrust again. People will check Pandora first, before going to meet closer.

As everything in life, Pandora had a good and a bad side. But the bad side was, in my opinion, the bigger side.
But as I said. When the devs manage to make the ignore account wide without systems like pandora will come back, I am totally down for it.

Edited by Loruna