3DXChat Community

upping your room on the room list

magrute

4 minutes ago, Derai said:

Why not a news ticker style banner across the top of the Room List screen huh?
500 Gold for a 5 minute spot on that ticker, or something

Because it is something that we have already.Β 300 gold for making a room on a top. Just without delays and banners. Make a delay for 5 minutes.

7 minutes ago, Derai said:

Why not a news ticker style banner across the top of the Room List screen huh?
500 Gold for a 5 minute spot on that ticker, or something

if it said enough that could work,Β  A ticker maybe harder to watch than a separateΒ channel scroller continuing running the room ads just my thoughts.

2 minutes ago, β˜™π”Όπ•©β§ said:

okay. i stay with my opinion then. tc

Thats fine ExΒ  IT just wont work well enough. But its ok to disagree. Like i said i don't think you see it the way i do or don't get it but lets leave them out there let 3dx decide what they want to do. Thx for the discussion! ^5

Any discussion is a process of talking about something in order to get a decision. There is no question about agreement or disagreement, but aboutΒ finding a solution, sharing ideas and stuff.Β  AΒ discussion includes an argumentation, not just "it won`t work". There is no reason to make a second room list and call this something different. I agree that devs should see this discussion and get their own conclusion and make something if it needed. But I as everyone here, Β will discuss everywhere i would like.

• 1 year later...

Maybe I jump late in that topic, but sadly I realize people care ONLY about the number. I like to think I made 4 nice themed rooms so far and have great comments about them, but people come and go when i just opened them, so i need to spend a lot of XG to buil the number up, which is kinda discouraging at some point. I spend a lot of time building & improving the rooms and the only reward I'm looking for is to see a decent amount of people having fun at my places..

At this point I'm seriously wondering if it's worth it. I sure have the fun designing/building them, but its not my main goal as stated above . Im not really into all the tiny details that nobody care about and don't bring added value to the game than more Kb. Im more into providing a great experience to my guests :)

I will keep an eye on that thread and I'm open to any advices you guys have. TxsΒ Β :)Β LOVE !Β  xxxxx

Edited by Maartine
typos

Truth is, numbers count a lot. A crowded room is attractive, 'cos you have high chances to meet a lot of different ppl to get aquainted with. If the number is below 20, don't waste your XGold, it won't do nothing. If it is above, it could help to get more ppl attracted.

If you want to rise your numbers, get a group of friends together, who'll support you if you open your room. Start networking with other groups like bands, dance teams and such.

Most important - keep the folks who come around. Make 'em feel welcome and stay. Of course you can't satisfy everyone's taste (theme/music/room) but everyone would feel good with a nice host.

One man shows won't do much success these days, concerning numbers. (OFC no rule without exception)

My2cents

Thank you for quick responses, well, I am happy with 20+ ppl, but it seams hard to get there. I personally welcome everyone as much as I can in the Local Chat (Welcome Pandorra :)Β xxx) .. Offer a hug if the person responds back...

So my regular scenario is:

• I open the room
  • Post a welcome message in the Local (This one specify that I am AFK for a bit if I'm polling)
  • Boost the room to get it up
  • Then I send a personal iinvite to my friends online (usually around 30-40 ppl)
  • Personally welcome everyoneΒ in the Local Chat (ie; Welcome Pandorra :)Β xxx)
  • Offer a hugs to everyone coming if already in my friends list or when they respond back.
  • Once the number starts growing I keep boostingΒ and I engage with ppl as much as I can

So sometime it work, Goes from 1 to 5-6 quickly, then I boost again and go up to 12-15... But after that, it's very hard to keep them, so odds are it can grow up or decline.. Very hard to predict..

Β 

Next time you are online and you see a room from Maartine, fell free to visit and come to me, I'll give you the VIP tour ;)

I'm always open to suggestions en comments

Edited by Maartine
typo + add

Well, of course it's one way... cram your room with people from bands and dance teams, try to reach the 20 people mark and than beginn to push. The question for me is just why? Why do people need to have their room crowded with more than 50 people? Become public, fame? For what?

I prefare small parties with good friends, people which I know and enjoy their company much more than big events. And get to know new people? Well, if someone new arrives in this smaller groups chances are much higher to really get a person know than to try the same with dozens people who joins your room only for numbers.

But of course, we all are different, have a different view and different longings. So just let people push their rooms as much as they enjoys to do, just like you can be sure that there will always be people out there who enjoys something more special in smaller events.

On 5/1/2022 at 11:13 AM, EvaMarie said:

I prefare small parties with good friends, people which I know and enjoy their company much more than big events. And get to know new people? Well, if someone new arrives in this smaller groups chances are much higher to really get a person know than to try the same with dozens people who joins your room only for numbers.

Could you please define small?Β  :)

Edited by Maartine

Β I said I was happy with 20+, Actually I am extatic whenΒ  I get 20 ppl especially in my smallest one. For the other, its more a question of the size of the place, I tend to build smaller now. Futa Hell, Futa Heaven & Terminal 69 (I understand its a niche as well), I need about 35-40 people to make the place interesting. Airline 69 is way smaller, so maybe 20-25 is a good number to make the place feel not 'too empty'...

As I said up there, I'm not after fame. Having people coming and stay is the only reward I'm looking for putting so much time and love in what I do when I build a place. I see places that are kinda Meh! (Wont give names), but its popular because its popular..Β  Should I start promote with Flyers on forums.. ?Β 

Edited by Maartine

• 2 months later...

because boosts effect is quickly gone, if you purchase 12 boosts each day, the approximate cost is 120 € (120 $) per month. the only info you have is "up for 300 coins" without any further suggestion or information. you can't be more vague and abusive in your policy.

i have to point that. at some specifics days or hours, there are so many boosts purchased that it's absolutely useless (6 boosts on saturday afternoon -europe- with 3 visits in total... 0.5 visit/boost).

my recommandation is to use this at strategic time, when not a lot of players are connected. this way it stays up a little longer (on some others moments of a week, a single boost can brings up to 5 visits... 10x more)

the ones saying that people in this topic complaining too much never tryed to build a successfull room. that's guaranteed. who can confirm there isn't some "fakes room" having unlimited coins to make your boost turning inefficient more fastly. who knows.

when you open the room, it's the first from the bottom. when you boost it, it's the very first. but when it's opened from a while, it's at the worst place, the perfect middle of the list. most boost users leave their room opened a while and ends up in this most possible horrible spot.

Edited by housestationlive