3DXChat Community

upping your room on the room list

magrute

Well the rooms now are the same old boring ones we were finally getting some variety with the ads and spamming which i dont agrre with  bt was all that they had. Honestly i think the ad problem should be fixed., by an add channel. A room owner pays  300 credts for an add LISTED BY THE OWNER ONLY -ONE ad that lasts for 6 hours or untill the OWNER (not a techncal failure) closes the room or 6 hours have elaapsed. It would show what the owner is offering and  the type of music or activity is used for. It would help all decide what venue they wanted. An add channel Please solve it! Please

9 minutes ago, PluushPuussy said:

Words, off the top of your head. Right? 

Words which I often see in the names of popular rooms. Some of people who host these rooms are using downloaded builds. Some using original but often pretty poor designs. Almost never live DJs. In worst cases, they are using some basic radio stations, offered by the game, with tons of advertisement. Yet, these rooms are popular, sometimes even most popular. I don't really have any problems with it, but I find it funny. 

6 minutes ago, Xizl said:

Words which I often see in the names of popular rooms. Some of people who host these rooms are using downloaded builds. Some using original but often pretty poor designs. Almost never live DJs. In worst cases, they are using some basic radio stations, offered by the game, with tons of advertisement. Yet, these rooms are popular, sometimes even most popular. I don't really have any problems with it, but I find it funny. 

I was only teasing you because I never really see you laugh in your posts.

25 minutes ago, DomGSix said:

Well the rooms now are the same old boring ones we were finally getting some variety with the ads and spamming which i dont agrre with  bt was all that they had. Honestly i think the ad problem should be fixed., by an add channel. A room owner pays  300 credts for an add LISTED BY THE OWNER ONLY -ONE ad that lasts for 6 hours or untill the OWNER (not a techncal failure) closes the room or 6 hours have elaapsed. It would show what the owner is offering and  the type of music or activity is used for. It would help all decide what venue they wanted. An add channel Please solve it! Please

Until a d/c knocks everyone off at once.

To be fair, this is supposed to be fixed soon but it's been happening since after I joined and it's all I really know. The whole disconnect thing and not being able to change clothes is like my full experience here. 

well the whole server thing may never happen from what i'm hearing or maybe  6 months out(secret soure hush dont tell anyone but its reliable :P)

but the Room ads i think is still a good idea new venues are hard enough to get noticed. The old guard is here and shouldbe but their are creative venues appearing unless they have huge lists of people they will never get off the ground that could reinvigrate people to stay her and not get  tired of the same old thing or be able to switch it up once in a while i ajust trying to solve the ad thing really :P lol lmao geeee

Edited by DomGSix

On 6/21/2020 at 10:52 PM, Derai said:

One of the rudest things is the way that rooms that are at 100+ people, STILL spend gold to crown themselves, even when they ARE the top room.
Just to push others away.
A rework of that system is needed methinks.
Because lets face it, waiting for the room hosts to learn some courtesy and not do that rude shit, is like waiting for hell to freeze over.

Probably after an amount  (let's say 30) they should have the "up room" option locked

While writing this post, I've gone ahead and done some analytics. About every 30 seconds, I refreshed the list to see if the top listing had changed. I did this for about 45 mins for a sort of okay set of data.

Right now, 3DXChat has a feature in the game that can allow a player to pay about $0.50 for 5 seconds of advertising, i.e. nothing. Whether intentional theft, or just irresponsible, that isn't right. At best, this feature is unbalanced or useless. At worst, it's predatory. When a player spends real money, it should have a real impact. Gambling can be okay if designed and implemented well, but this isn't that. 

What won't help:

• Increasing the gold cost on its own won't fix anything. If anything, it would be worse, with players losing even more for nothing.
  • A global ad chat. People will just ignore it. Ads have to be placed where people will see them.
  • Cooldowns/timers for the existing system. That doesn't solve ads being overwritten.
  • Arguments that "user counts aren't as important as quality". An ad feature exists to put more eyes on your room and more bodies in it, regardless of quality.

What could help:

• Establishing a fixed return on the player's investment. My prediction for the above data was that 300 gold gets you an average of 5 minutes (it's about 4.8), which I don't think is bad. But it's wildly unreliable for no particular reason. My recommendation would be 1000 gold for a guaranteed 15 minute listing. A club that runs twice per week could do this once per set for free, and they would have to buy XGold to do it more often.
  • Allow more than one boosted room. It's the only way to guarantee a fixed/predictable/fair amount of ad time for those who pay.
  • Declaring a room type upon opening, and letting us filter user rooms by type, so that it's not as important to be near the top. If my ad, or simply my room, is competing with fewer rooms in a list, it has a better chance of being noticed or chosen. Room types: Dance/Club, Game, RP, Cold, Casual.

With the above changes, you'd have 4 or 5 shorter lists, with potentially several promoted rooms at the top. Fewer disappointed hosts, fewer disappointed guests.

Edited by Xaufin

I prefer smaller to max. mid size rooms with the right atmosphere, where I had the most fun as big rooms with many people and a lot of trolling.., I had always avoid them, but it’s probably also about the individual’s way of playing thIs game, some have fun with big crowds. Generally for smaller and mid-size rooms is the currernt system by far the most inappropriate, as various roleplay rooms, thematic rooms, specific rooms...are always pushed down on the bottom, as the current system rewards quantity and those who play this game 24/7. I personally play this game in the evening and whenever I log in I see the same rooms,no diversity.

22 minutes ago, Mondayy said:

I prefer smaller to max. mid size rooms with the right atmosphere, where I had the most fun as big rooms with many people and a lot of trolling.., I had always avoid them, but it’s probably also about the individual’s way of playing thIs game, some have fun with big crowds. Generally for smaller and mid-size rooms is the currernt system by far the most inappropriate, as various roleplay rooms, thematic rooms, specific rooms...are always pushed down on the bottom, as the current system rewards quantity and those who play this game 24/7. I personally play this game in the evening and whenever I log in I see the same rooms,no diversity.

The goal of the room should never be numbers in the first place.  Due to the fact that I do not hesitate to use my ability to ignore bad behavior we had very few trolls in the room no matter the number of guests.  I know many room owners who refuse to use their ignore button as it cuts down on the number of people available to join their room.  Like you, I prefer a room without trolls and drama, so when one would happen to sneak in we used the "take out the garbage" option.  It works quite nicely really. 

My personal choice is finding those new mid size rooms that carry a theme in the room name that is suiting my fancy at the time.  This player is always searching the list for the rooms I have enjoyed in the past, and new ones to explore.  A busy room is nice, but my computer struggles and I personally fit into a smaller crowd better.  In fact, I spent some time in an empty room once, just because it was so beautiful.  Lo and behold someone else stopped in and we ended up exploring the entire place and each other.  Quality, not quantity is my mantra.  🙂 

16 hours ago, DomGSix said:

I already suggested the Developers change the rooms list to include a thumbnail pic of each room and a short description written by the room owner.  This is how it is in another on-line game, and there are no room spam ads, yet it works perfectly fine for everyone in that game.

Edited by pretty

15 hours ago, DomGSix said:

well the whole server thing may never happen from what i'm hearing or maybe  6 months out(secret soure hush dont tell anyone but its reliable :P)

but the Room ads i think is still a good idea new venues are hard enough to get noticed. The old guard is here and shouldbe but their are creative venues appearing unless they have huge lists of people they will never get off the ground that could reinvigrate people to stay her and not get  tired of the same old thing or be able to switch it up once in a while i ajust trying to solve the ad thing really :P lol lmao geeee

Those new rooms would get noticed more easily if they could stay at the top for a definite, guaranteed length of time when they pay 300 Xgold to up their room.  The problem is, the well-established rooms frequently up themselves to knock newer rooms from the top and place themselves there, and the owners of the well-established rooms buy lots and lots of Xgold to keep doing it.  Most room owners cannot afford to keep buying Xgold to keep upping their rooms.

Edited by pretty

As a courtesy, I generally don't promote my room if the currently-promoted room has fewer people in it. But I sometimes find it odd that rooms are promoted, when they'd be in the top 5 anyway. What's the point of that?? Perhaps not allowing promotion when already in the top 5 or top 10? I also like the idea of maybe 5 promoted rooms, whereby a new promotion would take the place of the oldest (or mos-populated?) room.

I like the category idea also - though, it would be helpful to be able to change that without resetting the room. For example, I have a friend live DJ in mine on Saturday nights. During that period, it would be a "Dance/Club" type room, but before 8 and after the show, it's more casual. I wouldn't want to have to boot everyone to change the category (assuming there's actually anyone in there! haha), but also don't want to leave an inaccurate category listed.

There's many good ideas in here!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/23/2020 at 4:08 PM, pretty said:

I already suggested the Developers change the rooms list to include a thumbnail pic of each room and a short description written by the room owner.  This is how it is in another on-line game, and there are no room spam ads, yet it works perfectly fine for everyone in that game.

why would how room looks make a difference? good music, friends and drama free adds to room fun not design

32 minutes ago, Nique said:

why would how room looks make a difference? good music, friends and drama free adds to room fun not design

It also becomes of how many friends you add so you have everyone wanting you on a list so they can spam you terrible idea without the ads on a seperate channel One add per owner for 6 hours at a time or until  the room is actually closed. Just moved the problem to the users also long time players have more pll  so you cant put new venues and music out there because you cant compete with great ideas rooms are already dieing off that were good rooms and gaining notoriety

On 6/21/2020 at 1:33 PM, magrute said:

Gizmo,

You really need to revamp the system for upping your world.

It is really kind of unfair the way it is currently setup. The way it is now, you can up your room for 300 xGold but the second someone else ups there room on the list yours gets knocked back.

this is kind of unfair and defeats the purpose IMHO.

I have upped my room a few times and as soon as the list is refreshed it is knocked down and is a complete waist of xGold. I'm talking seconds.

There needs to be some kind of timer when a room is upped it is showing for at least 1 min so people have a chance to see your listing.

and rooms with like say 50 people or more gets cued until rooms with less can have a chance to advertise. Folks with over 100 visitors should be last to up since they don't really need to advertise.

Even if you upped the price to accommodate the new policy would be way better than the current system.

Or ease the policy for advertising your room in WC.

I really hope you see this post cause I am a very frustrated customer. ;)

Life isn't fair. It helps teach you that for a cheap fee.

17 hours ago, MeiLing said:

What's the matter if the room is not on the top? As Nique said what matters "is good music, friends and drama free adds to room fun not design". Of course ego drive people won't agree...

I dont think theres anything wrong with that but there's no way to know what the room offers especially in  music. So now one has to go into all the current open rooms to find what you like. An advertising channel with one ad per CURRENT ROOM OPEN would help this. its such a waste of time and its an easy fix. I really dont understand the resistance to advertising an OPEN room and what it offers on a seperate channel. It seems to be such a big topic for an easy fix. World chat is really not for that although the chatter in world chat is for another discussion

9 hours ago, DomGSix said:

one ad per CURRENT ROOM OPEN would help this.

One ad message per opening will never help. There are many rooms in 3dx and other announcements will cover old ones in a moment. 5 minutes delay between announcements can helps to stay visible and actual. There were more genius ideas how to make it better. Something like: if a room got 30 people, host can`t write the announcement. Only a host of a room can write to announcement channel, etc.

ps: I use world chat for room announcements today and everyday. World chat is for everyone and for everything except things which break rules. I hope devs will add the new chat for room announcements and implement the best ideas/.

1 hour ago, ☙𝔼𝕩❧ said:

One ad message per opening will never help. There are many rooms in 3dx and other announcements will cover old ones in a moment. 5 minutes delay between announcements can helps to stay visible and actual. There were more genius ideas how to make it better. Something like: if a room got 30 people, host can`t write the announcement. Only a host of a room can write to announcement channel, etc.

ps: I use world chat for room announcements today and everyday. World chat is for everyone and for everything except things which break rules. I hope devs will add the new chat for room announcements and implement the best ideas/.

well i kindly disagree but thats ok

5 minutes ago, ☙𝔼𝕩❧ said:

with one announce per opening?

Yes just a scrolling ad chanel of the rooms  open continuously running That way they dont have to keep posting the roooms.I wouldnt expct the devs be on the same channel  posting their wares or it would get too convoluted again there needs to be a shopping place for them to show their wares

Edited by DomGSix

6 minutes ago, DomGSix said:

Yes just a scrolling ad chanel of the rooms  open continuously running That way they dont have to keep posting the roooms.I wouldnt expct the devs be on the same channel  posting their wares or it would get too convoluted again there needs to be a shopping place for them to show their wares

Why not a news ticker style banner across the top of the Room List screen huh?
500 Gold for a 5 minute spot on that ticker, or something

7 minutes ago, DomGSix said:

What is the difference between our "room list" and this type of channel? Scroll the list and look. Isn`t it?