3DXChat Community

upping your room on the room list

magrute

Gizmo,

You really need to revamp the system for upping your world.

It is really kind of unfair the way it is currently setup. The way it is now, you can up your room for 300 xGold but the second someone else ups there room on the list yours gets knocked back.

this is kind of unfair and defeats the purpose IMHO.

I have upped my room a few times and as soon as the list is refreshed it is knocked down and is a complete waist of xGold. I'm talking seconds.

There needs to be some kind of timer when a room is upped it is showing for at least 1 min so people have a chance to see your listing.

and rooms with like say 50 people or more gets cued until rooms with less can have a chance to advertise. Folks with over 100 visitors should be last to up since they don't really need to advertise.

Even if you upped the price to accommodate the new policy would be way better than the current system.

Or ease the policy for advertising your room in WC.

I really hope you see this post cause I am a very frustrated customer. ;)

I agree with you.  It's a total waste of 300 Xgold just to be bumped out of first place within seconds.

The current method seems a "pay to win" method.  Those who have/can buy more Xgold can afford to keep paying to put their room in first place on the list.  Which is unfair to those who do not have, or cannot afford buying, more Xgold than others.  And, 3DXChat makes more money this way, since some room owners are obviously buying lots of Xgold to keep upping their rooms.  So maybe the real purpose is for 3DXChat to get more money.

It is not a fair way to promote rooms, and there should definitely be a better (FAIR) way.

Edited by pretty

One of the rudest things is the way that rooms that are at 100+ people, STILL spend gold to crown themselves, even when they ARE the top room.
Just to push others away.
A rework of that system is needed methinks.
Because lets face it, waiting for the room hosts to learn some courtesy and not do that rude shit, is like waiting for hell to freeze over.

@magrute   I feel it must have been added specifically to be a money-maker for 3DXChat.  The Developers cannot possibly claim they didn't realized it would cause some room owners to purchase Xgold to up their rooms.  As for being fair or not, since it was intended to be a money-maker, the Developers do not care that it is not fair to the players who do not have, or cannot afford to buy, more Xgold than others.

Edited by pretty

I am in agreement that the Gold Spent to "up your room", should have equitable value in regards to that.  It is unfair to be knocked totally down where you were, sometimes in just several seconds.  There needs to be an equitable scheme.  For instance, each time someone "ups" their room after you have, yours gets knocked down like 4 spaces, until it returns to original position.  That at least would extend your exposure, which is only fair for 300 spent.  Or someone  can "up" above yours, but you stay directly below others that are upping, for like at least 3 to 5 minutes, before returning to original position.  This would provide fairness, especially to builders who put considerable time into developing their World, and should be able to buy some form of equitable exposure time.   It is Time for some fairness here.  Rooms with high numbers are NOT likely to suffer from this kind of fairness.  The way it is now, is just a discouragement for building a nice world only to be down at the bottom because no one sees you, or knows your trying to get some exposure.  Or you can keep it the way it is, but risk discouraging that part of the community that really wants to find creative and fun ways to invest in the game.

A few of the rooms even ask for and receive donations of real money from some of those who frequent their rooms.  Thus, making it easier to keep buying lots of Xgold to up their rooms to top of the list.  This is done on room websites and Discord channels.  Of course those who do this will probably deny it and say it's a lie.

8 minutes ago, pretty said:

A few of the rooms even ask for and receive donations of real money from some of those who frequent their rooms.  Thus, making it easier to keep buying lots of Xgold to up their rooms to top of the list.  This is done on room websites and Discord channels.  Of course those who do this will probably deny it and say it's a lie.

I am here well over two years and I can tell you that never have I been asked to make a donation in a room, nor have I asked for one when we had our room, The Soap, open regularly.  This is not at all true and is totally fabricated.

Edited by SusanLouisa

9 hours ago, Derai said:

L'une des choses les plus grossières est la façon dont les pièces de plus de 100 personnes dépensent toujours de l'or pour se couronner, même lorsqu'elles SONT la pièce supérieure.
Juste pour repousser les autres.
Une refonte de ce système est nécessaire.
Parce qu'avouons-le, attendre que les hôtes de la salle apprennent de la courtoisie et ne pas faire cette merde grossière, c'est comme attendre que l'enfer gèle.

Hi Derai, I just want to correct...  The top room (+100 people) can become crowned if there hasn't been any room kicked with 300xgold for a while.  I've already been surprised to notice that with my rooms

5 minutes ago, Hincholas said:

Hi Derai, I just want to correct...  The top room (+100 people) can become crowned if there hasn't been any room kicked with 300xgold for a while.  I've already been surprised to notice that with my rooms

Oh? Now that I didn’t know. If that’s true then consider me corrected. 
However, the fact remains that there are those that willfully boost their 130+ room, just to push someone else back down. Out of spite. 

3 minutes ago, Hincholas said:

@DeraiAbsolument! Je n'ai jamais donné de coup de pied dans ma chambre quand sa liste était en tête ... Pourquoi feriez-vous ça? Vous ne pouvez pas forcer les gens à venir dans votre chambre. Si ce que vous dites est vrai, peut-être que pour certains, la popularité les rend fous?

Well. Not gonna name names this time. 
But there’s a vocal person on this very Forum that refers to that behavior as ‘top-listing wars’

They admit they’re just boosting to make someone else ‘waste’ their gold. 

30 minutes ago, Derai said:

Well. Not gonna name names this time. 
But there’s a vocal person on this very Forum that refers to that behavior as ‘top-listing wars’

They admit they’re just boosting to make someone else ‘waste’ their gold. 

Wow! Seriously?!? A top-listing war? I must really live in a wonderland... I didn't know 3dx was a battlefield. I hope the person who claims this knows how to align two objects correctly in the world editor and shares his own creations!

Edited by Hincholas

When all of you will understand that the game is about people and not about rooms? The more I read this kind of topic, the less I want to go in shared rooms... maybe ones of my friends one. It is just sick

@MeiLing If the world editor exists it's because its not just a question of people meeting each other but of being able to express themselves in a different way.  Im passionate about 3D and if I still come to 3DX its to model to please me and to make people dream.  I'm not here for the competition, I dont understand the interest... Would you be happy to see the game without any user room? Maybe you come to meet people. But dont think thats everyones primary interest....

1 hour ago, MeiLing said:

When all of you will understand that the game is about people and not about rooms? The more I read this kind of topic, the less I want to go in shared rooms... maybe ones of my friends one. It is just sick

I totally agree with you. 
It should be about the people. Not about numbers. 
And the more I hear the idea @Diana Prince just said, the more I like it. 
Remove the numbers from the Room list. 
Keep the order but just don’t show the actual number. 

I am sorry... but number of people in the room is important... if someone wants to wander around to meet new people to hangout with or so, they surely will want to go to a room that has a good amount of people... and not spend their time playing a guessing game as to which room would have anyone other than the owner... and yeah there will be those who will say "I don't do that, I have only my handful of friends and that's all I need"... get over yourself.every one has their own way of playing the game... plus, some day you walked in this game with only your sorry ass and took you a bit to make those friends.

it also is important for builder or the host... a good number of people in the room is taken as form of appreciation to how well of a job they did.

so yeah... to some it's about the numbers and with good reasons... saying that it's not or that it shouldn't be is incredibly narrow minded.

but in the end I agree the system is flawed and is getting abused and needs some sort of revamp that is well thought out.

11 minutes ago, Anaganda said:

I am sorry... but number of people in the room is important... if someone wants to wander around to meet new people to hangout with or so, they surely will want to go to a room that has a good amount of people... and not spend their time playing a guessing game as to which room would have anyone other than the owner... and yeah there will be those who will say "I don't do that, I have only my handful of friends and that's all I need"... get over yourself.every one has their own way of playing the game... plus, some day you walked in this game with only your sorry ass and took you a bit to make those friends.

it also is important for builder or the host... a good number of people in the room is taken as form of appreciation to how well of a job they did.

so yeah... to some it's about the numbers and with good reasons... saying that it's not or that it shouldn't be is incredibly narrow minded.

but in the end I agree the system is flawed and is getting abused and needs some sort of revamp that is well thought out.

You do make a good point. 
But as with all things a balance is needed. 

I can only give an example from personal experience. But the Dangerous Diva parties, we do -like- it when we get our room above 100 people. We have our silly little game ‘rule’ about it and everything. 
But I believe that we don’t let the numbers be THE measure of our success.

Some see Only the numbers. They don’t seem to care about their visitors only about how many. 

Now I’m certain that almost any host will say that this ain’t true. They all care about their visitors. 
So why not remove the numbers from the list?

If the order remains so the fuller rooms end up at the top, those not wanting to wander into an empty room, stick to the top 10 rooms. 
But it removes a part of the ‘competition’ aspect. Remove the bragging rights of “My room had 134 people!!”

It might calm the ‘warlike’ feelings some have. 

4 minutes ago, Anaganda said:

well a thought just poped in my head... which is remove the ability to bump room when it reaches a certain threshold of visitors... like for example rooms at 50 can't bump... 50 is good number and ensures you will be near the top of the list anyways... so the need to bump kind becomes irrelevant.

the difference between 50 and 1 is still big. Maybe 10 20? 😏

Here’s another thought. 
The game already tracks a 24 hour period for the XGold Bonus. 
Now let’s say they make the price for bumping your room go up each time you do it. But it resets back to 300 when you receive your daily gold. 

So first time you crown, 300 gold. 2nd 350. Etc. 

This would make the ‘bidding wars’ fizzle out as the price would get prohibitive fast.